ScienceMan

Perks to reduce PVP

I think the infinite loot spawn is a problem of game breaking proportions. The scenario you described seems far too common and I do not disagree that the mentality of most players looking to pvp or deathmatch fits better in CoD type game than whatever dayz is attempting to be. I remember reading once upon a time on the wiki that loot respawns were disabled by player proximity. I forget the in game distances and times, and really they do not matter as this is not the case. A player or group of players can camp a spawn and remove the loot for the building to force a respawn of more loot. This is a broken mechanic. Duping is one thing but this is just exploiting bad game mechanics with an abundance of time to get the same results (and a lot more garbage that slows down game performance). My question would be why are loot respawns not disabled by player proximity. I think this would have a trickle down effect that could shake up many aspects of the game. If nothing else it would be more amusing seeing snipers with enfields instead of 50 cals camping the south coast (trying to stay on the pvp thread topic).