Bla_Ze

Dallas 20 - Possible Admin abuse/shenanigans.

Hello, today me and my friends were playing for several hours at US90 (Dallas 20).

Estimated time 07:15 AM some of our friends were killed, we investigated and found a tent city. After a while of scouting around it we get attacked and i kill two players, one of them a moderator maybe admin?

After 7 minutes, when we go to loot the tents we get “session lost” and the server goes down.

We try to rejoin with some trouble after a while I get in. But get kicked for having high ping.

And it was the same value as the hours before we played.

Even a user on the forums asked why the values was changed.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9599

This means the server was restarted just before we were going to loot the mod/admins tents and steal their vehicles.

After the server was restarted the required ping value was lowered, pretty much barring us from any online activity. I eventually get killed after relogging quite a few times.

This is the feed the recording. Please disregard our bad language.(lol)

part1

part2

I get killed (Very funny :D)

I’m not sure at all what happened on the server, if anyone deliberately barred us from looting their stuff.

But it is very suspect and I would like some help figuring out what happened or maybe having it investigated if that is possible.

Hahah! Dude you died like a sucker! Thats obviously either admin abuse or a hijack admin hack, however your death was probably the funniest thing I've seen in DayZ terms today. You were all like "vroom vroom" then BAM dead. Haha!

Hello there friend, I just saw your thread and wanted to post here.

If someone were to check the logs on Dallas 20 they'll see that I was the one that killed Bla_Ze here in his third video. (In game name is Chernogorsk_bandit, I am a regular on Dallas 20)

As quoted from another thread:

"I logged in and heard gunshots in the distance, I was at Lopatino. Saw reersh9 was killed, saw Skeptic was killed, and saw Sagez was killed (all regulars) that I've played with and against throughout my stay on Dallas 20. I saw that one or two of your group was killed also. As I crested the hill I saw a guy looting what looked like two vehicles and a bunch of tents. Experiencing desyncs and server crashes all the while. At times the server can be a bit unstable.

I crawled closer and decided to watch for a bit. It was pretty obvious he was raiding the area. I waited until he hopped into the vehicle to drive off, then I rolled around the corner and lit him up using my DMR. Killed him instantly, got the truck that he so nicely loaded for me, and rode off."

I also had experienced server DC's and had just loaded in when I saw him at the tent. In the third video you'll see that he never looks my direction, I didn't want to risk the shot unless I had to take it. It wasn't worth the chance of being killed.

It takes trucks a bit longer to back up so I waited for him to get in, and as soon as he did I lined up and took the shots killing him almost instantly, I took the truck and drove off to my tent fortress then.

So no, Reersh didn't bullshit you he's a good admin. I've killed him, he's killed me. It's a good server and i'm sorry you had a bad time on there.

Fun fact: I crashed the car during a lag spike later in the day anyways.

So after dying, the admin waits seven minutes to restart the server? Why would a corrupt admin with access to the server wait almost ten minutes to shut the server down? Why wouldn't they lock the server if they wanted to keep you from looting anything?

Your claims make no sense, Bla_Ze. I would assume that your friend, Tobblish, would have already relayed the fact that another regular player in the server has already claimed killing you for foolishly firing your weapon off without regard. Since that is not the case, you can view the thread here (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9599).

You and your group can put away your torch and pitchforks.

Just watched all your videos, wanted to point something out.

The players you killed were all male. My character's a female. At the end a female killed you, so it couldn't have been one of the admins that you killed could it?

Just sayin'.

As i said, there are number of very suspicious coincidences. It might just be a unlucky occurrence, i simply want to know what happened.

And i already posted the link in my thread.

Spiili: This isnt the question of who killed me.

Aelus: I laughed when viewing the youtube video aswell. :P

Well I'm not going to continue pointing out how silly it is to assume that every server restart is about you, especially when playing on a beta patch on top of an alpha mod. I'm sorry you feel it was unfair; as I've pointed out, I was playing the game just as you were, inconvenienced in the same ways. Servers restart; servers crash. My host does a good job of keeping them minimal but no host can provide 100% uptime.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You keep replying, but adress nothing of what i have written.

-Server "crashes" just after we kill you and are about to steal your stuff.

-Server restarts with a diffrent ping requirement, it just happens to be lower than what our entire group has.

Im not the melodramtic type, but this definitely feels more than a coincidence.

Is this even something that can be investigated by someone "in charge"?

I had to make an account to clear this up. Seriously. Anyways, I was on Comms with Reersh and Sagez when this whole event happened. Nice ambush by the way fellas. Alas, the server had been acting up the whole day disconnections/ de-syncs were rampant along with MANY server crashes (none of which were caused by Reersh).

Once your band of merry men finished the last of us, yes the server crashed several times. I even asked Reersh if he was behind the crashes. He denied, stating that "That would be abusive and unfair for something they obviously deserve since they got the jump on us." But It was aggravating because we were trying to hike our butts back to our camp to try and at least recover SOME of what we expected to lose from the X amount of men you had with you (we never knew for certain). It was aggravating for us just as much as you guys, i am certain and im sorry that you had to go to this extent. But I dont blame you, I would be suspicious too.

Unfortunately, Me being witness to this, I can sit here and defend Reersh and say that he had NO meddling in the server. It kept going down (god knows why, but it was server-side). The 3 of us that you killed were cursing/pounding fists when the server went down each time.. because time was of essence, obviously... (for both parties).

As to the whole Battle-eye ping, I was kicked once (for ping I believe). after the 2nd or 3rd crash.. but im not certain as to why or how. I just thought it had something to do with the crashing of the server. But reading the other post... I'm going to sit with the hypothesis/suggestion that maybe the crashing caused the server ping cap to roll back or somehow enter a default value of some sort(who knows)? (i normally have a ping of 30-60 on a good day).

But in the end... We were all robbed by the "Chernogorsk Bandit".. who sir, must be a big ugly creature. I cant wait to find you so I can exact my revenge on you next time we cross paths! I just hope we can work together next time, instead of finding a bullet in my skull :P .

I hope this can shed some light on the subject, but I'm sorry you couldn't get away with your find of juicy loot. But I assure you out of my reputation, that there were no shenanigans/ Tom Foolery involved. Reersh is a very respectable player and admin, and yes coincidental as these crashes were, they were NOT caused by any action by him or else I would not play on the server with an abusive admin, period.

Skeptic

EDIT: I would just like to add, that the server has gone down 4-5 more times today in the course of 8 more hours.

Bla_Ze, I actually did address the ping issue already, which is the only thing I can address seeing as, and I'll say it again, servers sometimes go down. I personally think it is you that's being intentionally obtuse, and extremely narcissistic I will add.

Setting the max ping is my prerogative as an admin. You're playing on a Dallas server from Europe; I'm not owner of too many tin foil hats but, with all the lag everyone has been experiencing lately, I'd figured the high pings would only be causing more issues. I'm simply doing what I can to make the server playable. I set the ping, got off after the server crash, realizing I would not be able to get my things back, and left the computer shortly after. Checked the forums and saw the issue with ping, logged in remotely and reset it.

You yourself pointed out the server didn't crash "just after you killed me" but nearly ten minutes later. Your accusations don't line up with logic. If the point was to keep my murderer from looting my stuff, why not just lock the server? Why intentionally kick off friends with a purposefully low max ping -- friends that are also running back, and staying on the server after I had left?

No one is out to get you Bla_Ze. In fact, I'm on your side, trying to provide a server where these things do not occur. I'll just take my leave from this thread at this point though; there is no sense in repeating what has already been said numerous times.

After having our first camp raided at 141,027 and having most of our medical supplies and ATV stolen we decided to move. My friend and I moved our camp with two tents north and west with the intention of setting up north of Poboda Dam. During our run to Poboda, we heard a DMR shooting and watched Chernogorsk_Bandit, reersh9 and Hunter die. We also spotted a white truck moving in the woods and decided to wait for the guy doing the shooting to loot the bodies. After he stopped to loot, we killed him and his name was Dissent. We looted all of the good loot and made our way to a new camp with the vehicle and all of the best gear.

We drove all the way out to 004,002. Within 10 minutes of getting out there, we heard multiple explosions and when we logged back on about 20 minutes later, all of the tents were empty but the truck was still there. We had an SVD Camo and a few other things we took off of the bodies. After cleaning out the NW airfield and gathering more supplies, we logged on today to reersh9 and someone else looting our camp and taking the truck. Zelgaden shot reersh9 but the driver got away.

My question is how did you find both of our camps so easily and why does the server go down within 10-20 minutes of reersh9 or Chernogorsk_Bandit being killed? Both of our camps were pretty much in BFE and the only way to see our first camp was to intentionally look for it or use a boat to drive along the coast.

We are both done playing on this server since every server we have played on where the admin plays consistently, this stuff seems to happen a lot. "Session lost" is a common occurrence on these servers. It's a pity since we actually liked this server, but as much was we played we only came in contact with two other camps during are long playing time on this server.

What? Are these seriously MORE accusations of admin abuse when you are admitting that the server goes down a SIGNIFICANT amount of time later? Again, I could understand the suspicion if the server goes down immediately but you're saying that an admin shuts the server down 10-20 minutes later? At that point, you've had plenty of time to loot any items, move gear, save vehicles and tents.

Also, I just now jumped into my server today so Zelgaden could not have just shot me. I died last night and I spawned by Balota just this minute; you and this other band of misfits continue to fabricate bullshit. At least the last group had actually been involved with me in-game, despite their accusations being just as irrational. I would love to have access to the character creation database and show you that I died last night, logged off, and just logged on within the past hour. Stop lying.

Let me make something clear that I've restated multiple times: servers restart. In fact, servers restart a lot! Feel free to rent or provide your own and you will become aware of just how often they can crash or require a manual restart. In any case, if a server restarts almost a quarter to half an hour later, you can rest assured that the admin is not interested in keeping you from playing the game appropriately.

As for joining the server, if you -- or anyone else for that matter -- cannot keep from fabricating obvious lies, you're welcome to NOT play on Dallas 20 anymore. It's completely unacceptable to have you and a few other prepubescent narcissists falsely accuse and harass me despite my every effort to keep the server clean from those that would compromise your gameplay experience.

No its silly to assume foul play considering alot of people have posted here that when they find tents or vehicles the server tends to restart, players that were once dead appear out of no where, or players just happen to log in right near the stash area.

You died last night from a DMR round to the face from Dissent. Zelgaden and I watched this happen from the hill just north of Poboda Dam. We waited for the shooter to appear and we lanced him with a CZ550. We grabbed the gear we wanted, which was an M107, some coyote backpacks, an entrenching tool and an SVD Camo. We took our two tents to the spot in the northwest corner near Grozovy Pass. This spot is 10 kilometers from where we killed Dissent. Within a few minutes of us getting there and setting up, we heard multiple explosions, which we could not locate the person doing this or the exact location, but it was somewhere along the road near the Pass. After we logged to eat in real life, we came back on to the tents being empty but the truck still sitting there. We played more later, got a bunch of STANAG ammo and some other supplies and logged for the night. Earlier today while I was not playing, Zelgaden logged on and shot a player attempting to loot our camp, the other player drove over one of the tents with the white truck, which we know is yours after watching the video. We had assumed the truck was Dissent's. Zelgaden said he shot you and looted your radio and that's when we both decided to check the forums for a thread about admin abuse and lo and behold, there was one already going.

The admins are obviously abusing the power to reset the server. Before we left to find a new spot for our camp we packed two of the tents that were there. After all the shit that #BASEDGOD said happened we then decided to go back to our old camp and see what was left. When we arrived we found that the tents that we had packed the day before reappeared and the loot that was in in them magically reappeared. If you are not abusing your power why are there multiple threads complaining about sketchy shit happening on this server.

My clan is based on this server and we've noticed some pretty sketchy crashes, like after raiding some camp, server crashed moments later.

I'm not going to continue arguing the fact that I have only played for less than an hour since dying last night, with that time spent in Balota this afternoon. Your friend is either illiterate or lying; in either case, actual logs and investigation from someone with access to character data will corroborate my comments.

As for your tents, you just admitted that all your stuff was still there. Admins do not have the ability to "reset" the server. Tent/vehicle information is not saved locally. You likely didn't save or the hive didn't update. In either case, you're both welcome to find another server to play on as you have no clue what you're talking about and you continue to perpetuate falsehoods and misinformation.

I really think as a rule all admins must warn all players in game of any changes that are about to take place (e.g. known resets, changes of pings etc etc.) and give all players 5 minutes to wrap up anything they are doing.

Not all resets can be broadcast.

So many times i've wanted to tell my troops that it's going down - but when it locks up you JUST CAN'T!

RCon doesn't work, you can't log in, you can't connect.

I play a lot on my own server, but 90% of the time it goes down when i'm no where near a damn keyboard and i have to RDP from my ipad to fix it.

If you are suspicious of the admins, find another server to play on - there are plenty out there.

Your friend is either illiterate or lying

He shot you in the face while you were going through our tents with the NEW stuff we found' date=' the tents had none of the stuff we got off of the 5-6 bodies near Poboda Dam. Aegir, Chernogorsk_Bandit, reersh9, Hunter and Dissent were among the bodies we looted.

As for your tents, you just admitted that all your stuff was still there.

Once again, the stuff we got off of your bodies was not in the tents while you were going through them, the stuff in our tents you guys took was from the airfield. STANAG and STANAG SD among other things. This still does not explain the multiple explosions, 5-6 in quick succession getting closer and closer to our new camp which was 10k from where we looted the bodies.

I really shouldn't even be replying to this useless/pointless thread, because it has so many wrong facts and worthless accusations.

The fact of the matter about this accusation of Reersh9 being on looting your tents yesterday is hilarious. We all started at the coast yesterday and were in Balota for most of this time. Reersh9 was only on for 30 or so minutes with us in Balota during that time. After you had posted. About 4-5 hours later he signed on with us to meet up and do some raids of Starry/NW Airfield. You can keep making up stuff all you want, but in the end there are server logs that can back us up.

Please drop all the bullshit because it's just creating unwanted drama. We got killed because we let our guard down. We accepted it and none of us abused our admin. We never have and never plan to. The server constantly goes down and lately has had extreme descyncing and lag issues. If you have played on any other server you'd notice these same issues.

Thank you for your time. Please enjoy your day.

BASEDGOD, it is entirely possible that someone with the in-game name "reersh9" was killed at your camp. I've never seen another person with that handle, so I can only assume your friend cannot read or you've got a woody for a witch hunt, neither of which really concern me at this point. Simply put, my GUID was killed Monday night at Pobeda Dam, logged off, and spawned fresh Tuesday afternoon. Whomever you killed was not me. In fact, I've never been shot in the face looting tents. In the event that someone does investigate your baseless claims, they will find information that corroborates my statements.

Do you know what happened to the boy that cried, "Wolf?" He had to find another server to play on. So do you.