Sign in to follow this  
Creation (DayZ)

2 computers, will same character work?

So I got 2 computers, at differnet houses.

Will I be able to play on the same character on both computers?

I have arma 2 free on one but not on the other one.

I'll need to buy arma 2 to play on the other one so before I buy it i'm wondering if I will be able to play on the same character as the other pc.

Thanks

oh wait

yeah you will be able to i've went though many diffrent computers it's just that you can't play on the same guy at the same time. like 2 computer running 1 gun won't work. understand? but yes arma 2 free or combind operations won't really materr....you can throw your computers out the window get new ones and go to a friends house and still have your guy cheers.

Just transfer the ArmA files across, I dont see any reason why it wouldn't work

like ok

Your player is saved to the hive. Not your computer. Only 1 computer can access your guy at one time from the hive so this will not work if your trying to use 2 computers to run 1 guy at the same time. but you can use one computer get off of it go to the other and run with the same guy there. i think it has something to do with steam.

~ sorry for miss spelling 7:21 am good night.

Edited by rocketman21

Works. I have ArmA II installed on two PCs - one at my home and another one (not at work though :P) as well and I can play with my character on both (but not at the same time of course).

Your DayZ character is stored on the hive of DayZ and bound to your CD-Key. So if you want to be able to play the same character on another PC, you'll have to install the same ArmA II version there that you have on your other PC so they share the same CD-Key. Else it will not work. Also only moving files is not suggested, as you will miss the needed Windows-registry entries from the ArmA II installation. Without those, you can't install the needed (Beta)patches. So make sure you install your ArmA II on the other PC like you on the other one.

If you play DayZ with ArmA II Free you should only need to install that on the other PC as well.

I bought arma 2 and Im installing now. arma 2 free isnt available anymore on steam(probablly since they realized they could sell it a lot cause people needed it for dayz) I downloaded it off the site and i got the chernus map file missing error.

Thanks for all the help :D

I bought arma 2 and Im installing now. arma 2 free isnt available anymore on steam(probablly since they realized they could sell it a lot cause people needed it for dayz) I downloaded it off the site and i got the chernus map file missing error.

Thanks for all the help :D

Actually there is still a way to get on steam by typing this into windows explorer or whatever you want steam://install/107400 <--- that is the code to get Arma II : free

Start > Run > Regedit > Hkey_local_machine > Software > Wow6432node > Bohemia interactive > Right click "Arma 2 Operation arrowhead" > Export >Save file

Go to new computer, run ARma 2, Arma OA.

Start > Run > Regedit > Hkey_local_machine > Software > Wow6432node > Bohemia interactive > Click "Arma 2 Operation arrowhead" > FILE > Import > Put the file

Edited by Klaz48