Im seriously frustrated, ive been playing Dayz almost every day for three weeks and i have yet to see a vehicle spawn.

Ive driven one truck (stolen from forest just beside NWAF, and a ATV stolen from inside hangar on NWAF. Ive been to like 90% of all vehicle spawn points and the vehicles are always absent. Ive played on mostly empty servers and rejoined servers that has just been restarted but no difference there (Does server restart affect vehicle spawns at all? I dont think so)

Am i just extremely unlucky or am i doing something wrong? Ive played lots on high pop servers aswell, no difference there. Ive followed dayzwikis vehicle spawn point guide and also finecombed every city/place everytime. According to dayzwiki there should be around 49-50 vehicles per server. So why am i so unlucky?

• Like 1

Spend a few hours around the map border up North or West and you will find many.

• Like 2

Think for a second.

Someone found the vehicle before you, and to stop noobs like you taking the vehicles they hid them.

Think "If I had to hide a vehicle, where would I put it?"

If you're too thick to work it out, check the edges of the map in dense forests.

dafuq?

or find a server that just updated to .5 they cars seem to respawn when updating

Edited by Post Hoc

dont play on 2 month old servers

ive made 3 characters before i quit to play dark souls

EACH server had default spawns on 90% of vehicles

i literally couldnt avoid vehicles

Im seriously frustrated, ive been playing Dayz almost every day for three weeks and i have yet to see a vehicle spawn.

Ive driven one truck (stolen from forest just beside NWAF, and a ATV stolen from inside hangar on NWAF. Ive been to like 90% of all vehicle spawn points and the vehicles are always absent. Ive played on mostly empty servers and rejoined servers that has just been restarted but no difference there (Does server restart affect vehicle spawns at all? I dont think so)

Am i just extremely unlucky or am i doing something wrong? Ive played lots on high pop servers aswell, no difference there. Ive followed dayzwikis vehicle spawn point guide and also finecombed every city/place everytime. According to dayzwiki there should be around 49-50 vehicles per server. So why am i so unlucky?

Try joining newer servers. Basically how it works is that when a vehicle spawns it's given an ID. If a player fixes that vehicle, and stashes it somewhere, the ID sticks and that type of vehicle will not respawn at the vehicle spawn point until it is destroyed. So on older servers the vast majority of stuff is already hidden, and in a lot better hiding spots than anywhere even remotely close to the NWAF.

Also I believe when hackers 'spawn' vehicles, nowadays they're mostly just teleporting already existing vehicles, or causing vehicles that hadn't spawned yet to spawn in their original locations and then teleport them to them. If that makes sense lol. Creating a vehicle out of thin air raises more alarms on the server end of things, so most scripts have found other ways to get them. ( This is in response to the guy saying go to a high pop server, chances are you might find a random vehicle kicking around, but there's just as good of a chance as that vehicle being teleported away by a hacker while you're offline. )

dont play on 2 month old servers

ive made 3 characters before i quit to play dark souls

EACH server had default spawns on 90% of vehicles

i literally couldnt avoid vehicles

I think that's a tad of an exaggeration but still, that's more or less what you want to do, find new servers. Better chances of finding vehicles there. I've still only run into a handful of vehicle spawns and I rarely join servers below US2000 ( The higher the number the newer the server, or at least that's what I've been told. )

I think that's a tad of an exaggeration but still, that's more or less what you want to do, find new servers. Better chances of finding vehicles there. I've still only run into a handful of vehicle spawns and I rarely join servers below US2000 ( The higher the number the newer the server, or at least that's what I've been told. )

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78540-the-chronicals-of-buffjesuss-last-dayz-character/#entry742885

when im done playing ill make a compilation of the vehicles i found in the other 2 chars

i literally couldnt stop finding vehicles cause i know how to play

ok.

Now i found an ATV a couple hours ago on a low pop server, parked it under a tree far away from anything. Logged out and back a couple of times with few hours apart, ATV still there. Logged in just now, it is gone. Are vehicle position saves bugged or what happened ? I doubt someone stole it seeing as it was in nowhere land and 0 players on server

Edited by Axemurder

ok.

Now i found an ATV a couple hours ago on a low pop server, parked it under a tree far away from anything. Logged out and back a couple of times with few hours apart, ATV still there. Logged in just now, it is gone. Are vehicle position saves bugged or what happened ? I doubt someone stole it seeing as it was in nowhere land and 0 players on server

theyve been hit or miss lately

Ok, so it must have been reset to its original spawn point when the server rebooted then i guess?

It happened a week ago aswell with an ATV on another server, and my tent dissappeared aswell

Either the server is on 1.7.2.5 and restarted or someone stole it, hiding your vehcile in the middle of nowhere is no gurrantee it won't be found, that's precisely where most people go looking for them.

Ok but lets assume noone stole it.

You mean to say that servers running 1.7.2.5 respawns all vehicles to its original spawn point upon restart ? Cause my fav servers restart every 8 hours, that would mean its no use parking a vehicle somewhere for later use?

Mmm to be honest, in my case i also play on a server that restarts every 8hs, and so far my saved vehicles stay where i saved them, no issues at all.

The only pesky thing is that every time the server restarts, RANDOMLY, the vehicles/tents (altogether) will either appear...or not.

But i was able to test with time that they DO remain on the spot. So maaaaybe, you might find your vehicle on the same spot you saved it on the next restart, or the next one to that.

At first i thought it worked like: even restart -> vehicles/tents displayed. odd restart -> vehicles/tents -> not displayed. Later i tested out that i may have my vehics/tents displayed for 2-3 restarts in a row, as i may not :P

So, as long as you save the vehicle, it "should" stay where you left it (as said before by others, as long as it doesn't get stolen/blown away), whether you see it or not. Try waiting for the next server restart, or the next one even, to see if it is displayed.

Allright, ill give it a few tries. Will stay next to where i parked the vehicle and check now and then

I have played on a few servers but yet to find any vehicles. The servers I play on ever so rarely get to 10 people on at a time, during peak time. I have easily looked over 1/3 of vehicle spawns and.. alas nothing.

I searched common hiding spots for them, and figured if they are common, they probably aren't anymore, but still.. no cars found, none at all.

ALTHOUGH I found a bus. A BUS, crashed in elek. I would hardly call it a vehicle, too much to repair, too busy of a place even for a low pop server and not worth it really. Though it is a car, it is no UAZ or ATV :(

Dude i was exactly the same. My group have played for weeks together and only found 1 vehicle. The server restarted as we were driving away to hide and we completely lost it.

I was so disheartened, but today I found 3 vehicles. Couldn't believe it. I think the server i play on just had a full reset or something cause looking in to cherry i can see the bus sitting there and people driving abou on bikes and it's the same in elektro too.

Fun times :)

I've been playing for a good while (no idea how long) and until about a week ago I'd never found a vehicle that wasn't either exploded or being driven at me by some clan guys.

I've fixed up about 4 buses in Elektro and Cherno combined, a Ural at the far NW and a tractor in the east. Problem is, the server restarts tend to either delete them or remove whatever gear is placed in them.

Basically, even on low-pop, brand new servers getting a vehicle is hit-and-miss. Keeping them is just as, if not even more of a risk.

I found a bus. A BUS, crashed in elek. I would hardly call it a vehicle, too much to repair, too busy of a place even for a low pop server and not worth it really. Though it is a car, it is no UAZ or ATV :(

Elektro on a low-pop server is usually relatively low-risk. It can actually be quite fun, purely for that risk factor, to be running to and from the industrial area for the sake of a bus. I'd have totally gone for it.

Then again, I'm the sort of player who runs at these things with reckless abandon (and usually gets capped on my way).