Ashnik

Question for the standalone.

Okay, I tried doing research and come up with nothing, but here is my question.

When the standalone is released, will the hive still be maintained and will all our gear stay on us or will we have to completely start over, when I/we buy and play the standalone?

I'm just totally curious on this topic, I don't mind starting over. I know there are not very many details on the standalone released yet, but if anyone has an idea or knows, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ashnik

• Like 2

Speaking out of experience......and IMO, what should be done is everyone's gear/stats will be reset when standalone is released regardless of the amount of play time you have accumulated. Mind you, this is what is usually done when games are ready to be released. It might be different for DayZ who knows

Why would you keep your stuff in the new game? It will be a completely new game...

Speaking out of experience......and IMO, what should be done is everyone's gear/stats will be reset when standalone is released regardless of the amount of play time you have accumulated. Mind you, this is what is usually done when games are ready to be released. It might be different for DayZ who knows

I agree with you there. I started playing on private hives so I could start over countless times. I'm so geared up on non-privates I'm bored to death really. The part of the game when you start with nothing and run around trying to find something to help you survive always occupies you. I would hate to lose my stuff of course, but I could cope with it.

Why would you keep your stuff in the new game? It will be a completely new game...

I'm mainly asking, Will the Hive factory be in the Standalone? Is so it's very possible to transfer all the beta/alpha player's stuff to the standalone. I don't know anything 'bout hive so I could be way off with my guess.

• Like 1

I guess I imagine the standalone being vastly different than the mod... wouldn't want anything transfered over either way.

Expect to start over when the game is released. Not that big a deal plus we don't want the duping fags to bring all their hacked guns into the standalone.

Alright well thank all, I thought so with starting new.

Okay, I tried doing research and come up with nothing, but here is my question.

When the standalone is released, will the hive still be maintained and will all our gear stay on us or will we have to completely start over, when I/we buy and play the standalone?

I'm just totally curious on this topic, I don't mind starting over. I know there are not very many details on the standalone released yet, but if anyone has an idea or knows, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ashnik

Go to Youtube and search "Dean hall interview" or "DayZ interview"

He did several interviews and answers lots of questions.

This one is good.

Edited by jblackrupert

Go to Youtube and search "Dean hall interview" or "DayZ interview"

He did several interviews and answers lots of questions.

This one is good.

Oh thanks! I'll check those out.