Cnektpp

DayZ Suggestions *MUST READ* *SERIOUSLY* STANDALONE GAME*

- Another point there is really nothing wrong with the game its just the other players that make it that way.

You cant really loot cities without leaving and being shot on your way out.

I manage it on the rare occasion i get shot and end up back on the coast. Sure i may have to kill the odd fool that thinks hes about to cap a noob, but i manage. The trick is mate, not to be greedy. Get a few cans of coke, a can of beans and something to defend against zombies (hatchet, sidearm or primary) and get out of there. As for your problem with loot. Wherever you are, be it military or residential. If you dont like what loot you see, pick it up and move it. Fresh loot will spawn in minutes. Just stick to it and reap the rewards. Set up a camp somewhere so you have gear to fall back on. Dont see any vehicles around ? Then trek to the far north and find them. Who knows, perhaps theres a fully fixed and fueled heli

up there with your name on it.

Planning And Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance! (as a friend of mine used to love saying).

I like that! Il be using that phrase, thanks man :)

But it would be unfair for users to go in a private server then transfer to a public with heaps of gear.

Did you care to read the rest of my sentence? obviously not.

Hello, I recently started playing DayZ and only bought ArmA 2: CO because of this mod. I have to admit the DayZ is highly addictive and I have wanted to quit simply because over these last few days (first week of playing) I have got good gear, walked long distances and had it all come to an end over some stupid reason such as falling 1m and breaking a leg. I have headed in-land to try and avoid other players and there is a lack of general stores and med supplies in-land. Now this all wouldn't be so bad if the load times were trimmed and a player starting off actually had a chance. Usually the only way to get started is by luckily finding a dead player with gear or making a run into a major city early in the morning because in the afternoon there are too many "shoot on site" players and all the loot has been taken and it hardly respawns. Also the lack of guns is another problem and people fencing off loot areas. I mean how is a new player suppose to contend with a fully kitted out player with an M4 or a AS50. All of this can almost be solved with a private server but at the moment cost way to much. So please add a few things based off these suggestions and I would love to see a private server option added even if you can't take your gear over to public servers at least we could play what we payed for. Please take this seriously. These are suggestions for the standalone game. Also might I mention that hacking is out of control.

DONT REALLY WORRY ABOUT WHATS ABOVE THEY ARENT THE MAIN POINTS!

- People are missing the point. The fact that other players can camp and hoard all the weapons and supplies is so unfair because new players have no chance and hackers can just spawn behind after hours of looting. Two friends and I spent hours building up hours our characters just to be ambushed by a hacker which we then pumped round after round into him with little or no affect with military grade weapons. Is this the point of the game?

- Another point there is really nothing wrong with the game its just the other players that make it that way.

If you try to loot a city you will most likely get shot.

- I'm going to stop posting because most of you are f***ing dumb c***s and miss all the points. The game is completely fine it's just the other f***ing a****** players that make the game this way.

Dude, this is what the creator of the mod said :http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3141-banditsurvivor-morphing-to-be-removed/page__st__160#entry32219

Read it and weep.

Did you care to read the rest of my sentence? obviously not.

Yeah sorry mate, I see and I completely agree or maybe they should just add PvP servers and Friendly Fire Off Servers and you cant transfer gear between them.

- I'm going to stop posting because most of you are f***ing dumb c***s and miss all the points. The game is completely fine it's just the other f***ing a****** players that make the game this way.

So you suck at this game and we are fucking dumb cunts because we dont agree with you?

Dear op. you must be new. It's okay, I'm not judging. But as it is, as a freshly killed and spawned player, I can get to ghillie/alice/fn-fal/M1911 level in about 6~10 hours of playing. NO bodies were looted. It. IS. TOO. EASY.

Things you should know about loot spawns:

if a loot spawn is empty, you have run in too fast for it to spawn.

if you clean a loot spawn of whatever there is in it, after 5~10 mins it will re-spawn new stuff, often better stuff. On the first spawn (when you run in) it will spawn a lot of trash and almost useless items like heat packs, glow sticks, flares, tin cans, etc. If you clean those out, the next batch of spawned in items will be a lot better. i.e. food/map/compass/watch/ammo for weps/weps.

what does c****s means? i'm not english or american...anyway, you are not the only one pissed by hackers or the hardness of pvp nowadays just chill out and stay in the bushes. i've been playing in the city fully geared helping noobs at it was fine. none shot me. it's only luck

Hello, I recently started playing DayZ and only bought ArmA 2: CO because of this mod. I have to admit the DayZ is highly addictive and I have wanted to quit simply because over these last few days (first week of playing) I have got good gear, walked long distances and had it all come to an end over some stupid reason such as falling 1m and breaking a leg. I have headed in-land to try and avoid other players and there is a lack of general stores and med supplies in-land. Now this all wouldn't be so bad if the load times were trimmed and a player starting off actually had a chance. Usually the only way to get started is by luckily finding a dead player with gear or making a run into a major city early in the morning because in the afternoon there are too many "shoot on site" players and all the loot has been taken and it hardly respawns. Also the lack of guns is another problem and people fencing off loot areas. I mean how is a new player suppose to contend with a fully kitted out player with an M4 or a AS50. All of this can almost be solved with a private server but at the moment cost way to much. So please add a few things based off these suggestions and I would love to see a private server option added even if you can't take your gear over to public servers at least we could play what we payed for. Please take this seriously. These are suggestions for the standalone game. Also might I mention that hacking is out of control.

DONT REALLY WORRY ABOUT WHATS ABOVE THEY ARENT THE MAIN POINTS!

- People are missing the point. The fact that other players can camp and hoard all the weapons and supplies is so unfair because new players have no chance and hackers can just spawn behind after hours of looting. Two friends and I spent hours building up hours our characters just to be ambushed by a hacker which we then pumped round after round into him with little or no affect with military grade weapons. Is this the point of the game?

If you try to loot a city you will most likely get shot.

Are you kidding me or what, I go as stealthy as possible and there are maps on the internet and in game I know where I am.

a week of playing... right.

I could write long list of things here, but lets just say that learn to play the mod and read up some stuff why things are like this. (hackers, kos etc)

Points you presented are same as any newcomer would start crying about... nothing speacial.

ps. 1 thing you are doing wrong is using online maps...

Edited by Zeppa

This thread should be locked. There are no real suggestions here, just some whining baby who wants the game dumbed down because he's not good at it.

• Like 1

You cant really loot cities without leaving and being shot on your way out.

That's kinda the point. Your practically asking to get shot in the face if you go in the city.

Edited by colekern

There are so many ways around all the stuff you've bitched about.

You're the dumb one for not knowing this, or trying to do something else. What else are the players to do with minimal zombies that suck ass? There are private hives, and so much more that would make everything you've whined about go away. I rarely run into trouble looting Elektro and/or Cherno in any server with any amount of players, as it's not hard to do. Especially a private hive, where I've never had a problem with 30+ players on at a time. Sure there is a hacker here n' there, but once again to avoid them, join one of many many private hives that are "White Listed".

Hello, my friend! Never fear, there are those among us who have your back. Though I cannot call myself one, I have been conversing with TMW (Trusted Medics of the Wasteland) lately. If you ever have a broken leg, are low on blood, need anti-biotics, or need to be gaurded when heading into town, join the TeamSpeak3 server @ ts.dayzmedics.com, and don't be afraid to ask for help. TMW members will have [TMW] by their name, but there are also plenty of non-TMW members looking to help patients so they can get into TMW. Make sure after your treated you get your medic's name and go post on the forums or talk to Dr. Wasteland M.D. and tell him how they did. It helps a lot!

These guys are great, and I've even got treated by them a few times.

Anyway, time to contribute to the main idea of your thread. You ask what will make the players stop hording weapons? You. You are a player, they are a player. I'm sorry to say, but no one will be coming to your rescue when it comes to these mechanics. It's up to us players to provide intervention. Want those weapons? You've got to sneak up on them and take them, show them how it's done. A Makarov can be as deadly as a CZ if you use it correctly.

Edited by metapaus

In another post, a comment about how you think that players are the problem of DayZ.

Holy mother-fucking god, yes. But wait, there's more. Ever notice how in video games, there's some antagonist making your life a living hell? Take Cortex from Crash, or say Wesker from Resident Evil. Maybe The Legion/NCR/Mr. House from Fallout. These things are what make the game. DayZ isn't about zombies. Zombies are just there to keep you captivated until you come across another player. Think about it, without these players, all your experience would be is going around Chernarus, looting places and shooting zombies. You would basically never die, and never have to much worry as long as an enterable building was nearby. You see, players are a risk. The risk gives you thrill. The fact that it could happen just makes it interesting. When it does happen, things heat up. Say you get killed. Oh fucking well. It got you. What was better? Having that risk and enjoying it or not having it at all and the game being dull? But you won't always fail. Once you get your first win, you might start to see the fun in it. So you say that it might be fun if not everyone shot you on site. Well, they shot you on site. That meant they saw you. I dunno, but the only person who ever shot me was a bandit and some guy that I knew was there but I didn't see. That's the risk when you go into these towns. If you want better weapons, go to the airfields for god sake.

Hooray for weight loss and health ads in Russian?

Edit: Ninjas D:

Edited by Riem

Private passworded servers using a private database so that players from said server could not go into the public hive servers with these characters would not hurt a thing. I don't understand why people playing a game privately with their IRL friends is such an issue if it isn't hurting anyone else's game play experience

There could be private servers that could be rented for private game time with friends only and a portion of that monthly rent could go to funding the public servers for those that don't want or don't want to pay for private server. Everyone happy everyone wins everyone does their part to support the game

Edited by Waymooter