Aypoc

I've seen players with 20+ days survived...HOW?

Ive been doing about 4-5 hours at a time.

So far ive found a good idea is to go inland and find the good stuff, ive got a nice lee enfield rifle and a PDW from the NE airfield. Now all i do is go to the cities down south and look for snipers on the hills.

Keeps the game entertaining. Although i will admit the first few hours have to be the best.

And gun fights are always awesome, I love doing the old zig zags to cover and then peeking left and right to try and get the shot. When you know you arnt going to respawn in 3 seconds with all you gear, you find you try to fight harder to survive.

Last two characters were 23 days and 21 days respectively. Both died to mass kill hackers.

Some thoughts if you want to survive (without cheesy exploits) long-term:

This

post-19220-0-79820100-1346129856_thumb.j

It's a old s.s . Back that time, I barely see post about scripts, and I had teamup two times with unknown people, on of them in Stary, where we shared loot.

I played in servers with >30 people in that time, but I usually taken about on hour to move from city to city, I was too much paranoid :P

Them I lost this char because of friend fire, and start to play this game not as a survival RPG....

Edited by octopos

I'm on my twenty third day now.

Playing daily around 1-4 hours.

I play on good servers with good admins.

Maybe if you guys didn't server hop into every lobby with a hacker in it you wouldn't die so much.

My record is 50 days. Actively playing most days. I visited the hotspots etc, finally died when my freshly started friend couldn't find the barracks at the NW Airfield and I went in to help him. Turns out I didn't have enough ammo to take out every single zombie in the southern part of the airfield.

I've been alive for 30 something days. I have biked and hiked and driven around the map maybe 15 times. I know the location of lots of tents, vehicles (but no helicopter). I've stolen vehicles and raided tent cities, teamed up with people driving in a bus there and forth. Dozens of players crossed the sights of my weapons without me firing. I've been shot at, people around me have been killed but I survived. It is perfectly possible if you don't drive through the center of Chernogorsk in a bus blaring the horn. Incidentally, the most dangerous part came when I accidentally lost all secondary equipment slots (handgun ammo + bandages) and needed to re-loot them. A single zombie hit could have taken me out.

My friend has survived for about 40 days now and he plays alot to, hes not a scripter eather.

My maximum is 34 days, and about 34 hours of game time. No alt-F4 and no murders. How did I do it? Z key! Crawl a lot, go slow, watch, be patient, and since I mostly play alone, avoid other players. Hide and crawl away when you hear a distant gun shot. I was only at 140 zombie kills, though I kill zombies for fun. I had gone to Berezino and the NE airfield and even survived throwing a grenade instead of smoke at one point.

I died because I tried a sunset trip to Baolta for some M9 ammo and since I don't Alt-F4 I lost the firefight with a ghille bandit, but I did put up a good fight!

Another good idea is plan an escape path. I usually approach from a slope with trees so if I have to run from zombies or players I know where I am going and how I can take cover. This means never go too far into a big town or city because getting out will be tough.

We all have different styles of play, but no matter the style, you can make it work. But sometimes the blaze of glory death is more fun. :)

Wow thats a badass Bear grylls survivor right there.. you get beans.

Low pop server, after getting your hunting knife, matches, axe and a bunch of water bottles you simply never leave the woods ever again.

Forever alive.

Low pop server, after getting your hunting knife, matches, axe and a bunch of water bottles you simply never leave the woods ever again.

Forever alive.

And forever alone :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Toft

Speak softly and carry a big stick..

that sounds like something right out of an erotic film :D

I seem to do fine when I stay out of high population servers. I was alive for about a week. Finally died about 5-6 days ago I had 901 zombie kills too. I had so many good items too. (I went to Cherno on a high pop server though, go figure)

However, I've been murdered on low-population servers by a hacker once.

Just the other day I got teleported to an island on a high population server. All my items were removed and I was left with a crossbow. After finding range finders AGAIN. Ugh

Edited by Can of Corn

30 day alive run. Try to crawl through tree stand fallen down fence at Balota airfield last night only to get stuck on a rock. Only option mousewheel gives me is climb down ladder. Do that although on my screen I am already on the ground. BROKEN LEG, Knocked out, etc. 4k blood and bleeding! Come out of that press G for bandage, but am still under tree stand. Sit up due to G.

YOU ARE DEAD!

Sigh. At least all my gear was a short run away. The game continues....

Think I'm approaching 10 days played, playing 2 hrs a night, be careful, dont run through fields in known sniper areas. stuff like that. encountered random death at my last death, and 1 hacker experience in almost 2 months played time.

Luck. Met a hacker that teleported to me. I was leaning behind stairs. I emptied a whole clip into his as 50 ghillie suit appearance. He shot and hit the stairs several times. I assume because he was so close he couldn't zoom in. Well I reloaded and after another clip of stanag with no effect it was pretty clear he was a hacker. I logged out and survived. Usually I loot hoarders stuff so I rarely meet people. The thrill if you meet one is actually cooler than playing team fortress in the south.

But with loading screen respawn south bug, that playstyle is now not really possible. So I don't play anymore. Just occasionally log in to see if Rocket ruined the game even more. Dogs lol

I'm a decent player, I don't combat log (only for hackers).

I'm on about 35 days now still going strong, I have survived 3 hacker tp's, 2 heli crashes, numerous snipers and I have 0 murders and 0 bandit kills.

I like to find vehicles and gear up my friends who are new spawns.

I also survived a bridge with an ATV O_O

Wow thats a badass Bear grylls survivor right there.. you get beans.

Thanks, Toft! It is not easy to accept death over a sneaky disconnect but it is a better teacher than cut and run. Not going to change now!

• Like 1

I went around 15 once

I was just really careful, I had an l85 and used the thermal to scan damn near everywhere I went

Could have been alive longer if it wasn't for a hacker

So pretty much, be a bunch of babies and don't do pvp? yay let's go around and live off animals and lakes..How the hell is that even fun? Bet most of you alt+f4 also when getting shot at. As people have stated, they only play a few hours each day. Dieing is part of the game. Who cares how many days you have survived if u don't even take risk.

So pretty much, be a bunch of babies and don't do pvp? yay let's go around and live off animals and lakes..How the hell is that even fun? Bet most of you alt+f4 also when getting shot at. As people have stated, they only play a few hours each day. Dieing is part of the game. Who cares how many days you have survived if u don't even take risk.

The goal of the simulation is survival, sorry you mistaken DayZ for some other unnamed game. Would you rush into PvP if you found yourself on such island in such situation? I net ypu'd run a way and hide in a bush.

• Like 2

So pretty much, be a bunch of babies and don't do pvp? yay let's go around and live off animals and lakes..How the hell is that even fun?

Meh, just different people finding different ways to have fun with the same game. To paraphrase Alfred Hitchcock's famous distinction between shock and suspense:

Shock is charging into town with your Mk 48 on full auto and being shot in the face. Suspense is creeping through town for hours before being shot in the face.

Bet most of you alt+f4 also when getting shot at.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if most of the combat loggers are players with young to medium age characters actively looking for PvP. After all, good weapons and gear are much more important for PvP than for survival. Somebody already mentioned it but I have little doubt that most of the really old characters are probably hanging out on Veteran and Merc. servers that have the offensive crutches like cross-hairs and 3DP disabled.

Play on 3DP:OFF and CH:OFF servers.

QFT. 3DP allows others to see you without a chance to see them if they have the height advantage. CH:OFF enforces a more realistic delay for accurate shots.

But moreso, cultivate situational awareness and stealth. You need to be aware of others before they are aware of you. Scan your surroundings whenever possible; my space key toggles freelook. Always put cover between you and the likeliest threat direction. This is the essence of survival.

Day 26.

My #1 rule: Don't play with others, they WILL get you killed.

Sounds like you need some more competent friends.

I stay away from stupid high-risk targets.

You never really know what you'll run into, even in an "empty" server in the middle of nowhere. Plenty of stealing and gunfighting. There really is nowhere to go on the map where you will always avoid other players, and people aren't going to run around saluting and shouting "friendly" when you discover their loot piles.

21 current days alive with 2-3 hours a day and 5-6 hours weekends.

The biggest thing you can do to stay alive is get into cherno/elektro to get the bare minimum crap needed to survive after a fresh spawn and then get the hell out and never go there again.

I honestly don't understand how people CAN'T survive more than an hour in this game.

Make yourself a checklist next time you spawn.

Do I have..

Hatchet

Matches

Hunting knife

Water Bottle's

Pistol (any will do)

Once you have those 5 things (6 if you want to count ammo) you've officially gotten everything you need to survive for eternity in this game.

If you want some "cool guy stuff" be prepared to either die or learn better tactics and quit crying.

Quoted for truth. There is no reason to raid stupid high risk targets when all sorts of high end gear is simply sitting around unattended in the forest. Get canteens, get the stuff you need to hunt, and go find tents.

Edited by Just a Goat

I play on servers with <20 players to avoid hackers. I've seen two lately but managed to escape the servers before dying. It's the only time I feel alt + F4ing to avoid death is justified.

Currently on day 19. The last hacker I ran into emptied my inventory and teleported me to the middle of the ocean. Left and reconnected to a new server and it dumped me on the coast with my weapons (but no ammo), tools, (empty) backpack and an an empty inventory. I have nothing but I'm still alive. I WILL SURVIVE GODAMMOT!