Thadeum

Today I have been legitimally global banned for cheating

I don't think you are the one who read the post. "he started because of the the lack of content in the game" after 4 days ..... 4 DAYS! .... he didn't even bother trying to play the game and just started cheating as soon as he began. He gave up before even getting off the shoreline. Defending him is idiotic. He obviously started cheating because he wanted to, not for any other reason he claims in order to make himself look and feel better.

I'm also surprised by the number of beans that the OP has received. "I started cheating after 4 days ... ahm ... because of lack of content." ... "Here, have my beans."

My main fear is that as the standalone is going to be using the VR2 engine with elements of the VR3 engine, we'll still be infested by script kiddies until the Devs manage to lock it down more.

they will be able to lock the engine down more because they will have direct access to it.

If you wanted to do all that stuff why not host your own server or create your own custom missions for ARMA 2?

My clan just starts up a regular ARMA2 match if we feel the need for something different.

Didn't bother to read trash written by selfish scum who's brains are so small they cannot comprehend that their actions ruin things for the developers, players and the intent of the game itself. I do appreciate the post only for the fact that I know scum like yourself are no longer playing/hacking this mod.

Up yours.

These men still exist, however it is good to know that someone who has no integrity and is not a man can no longer play this game.

You have to be pretty lazy to not actually read it

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

You can clearly see who has read the post and who didn't, he never thunder domed or ruined anyone elses gameplay experience, He didn't start because he was getting owned, he started because of the the lack of content in the game and while I find that silly since this is an alpha and now he cant play this game until the standalone, I can see why he did it. he wanted to have the fun that the game did not provide.

Every single hack in the game changes the game for everyone else.

It's sad that even the moderators are getting on the same harassment bandwagon.

This man got bored to near tears, as do all intelligent gamers when the average FPS shows up. DayZ has worse hacking issues than other big name titles, and hacking is only done for two reasons:

Player is bored

Player wants to progress faster

There just happens to be no progression in DayZ, which means only one is possible.

So while coincidence is not causation, the fact that DeathmatchZombies has more bored players in it hacking than other big name titles is an astounding mark for the lack of actual creativity.

If hes bored with the game I don't think it justifies him ruining the experience for other players. If hes bored he should go play another game. Preferably one Im not playing.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Prone is not a fucking verb. It is a fucking adjective. "Proning" makes you sound like an idiot.

Somehow that's what most offended me about this thread.

• Like 1

What most posters here seem to fail to realize is that ONE of the reasons people download and try a cheat is because they are simply frustrated or bored with a game. That in itself SHOULD be a lesson the dev team should take to heart.

Sounds like victim-blaming to me. Like telling a victim of rape they shouldn't wear "revealing clothes", or a kid beat up at school shouldn't have talked back to the bully twice his size.

Or making excuses for pussies who cheat. If you don't like the game then stop playing the fucking thing until it's fixed that's what alpha is for.

Ruining the game for others doesn't help anyone except yourself. Making shit easier for yourself still ruins the game, even if you don't thunderdome or whatever else hackers do. Because what do you do when you're geared? You shoot other players

The OP is just trying to justify himself and he will get no sympathy from me, and frankly anyone who sympathizes with him for any reason, including but not limited to broken game mechanics, needs some time out of this game.

Hell, I haven't played for almost two weeks, but I'm not on the forums throwing a fit that god forbid Rocket went out to a fucking game convention "instead of slaving over the game fixing bugs waaaaah".

• Like 2

Hello guys,

I bought the game one week ago, and today I have been global banned for cheating on DayZ (I bought Arma II just for this)

I remember my first two days, when I was proning in fear of zombies, and made my way through cities always proned and crouching/walking.

Then I understood that running and losing zombies through houses was much more easy and fast, but less fun. Still, the most efficient solution to both get the loots and run away from snipers.

Then I got killed by doors, bushes, falling 2 meters high, losing my backpack stuff when trying to move items, being completely glitched-stuck on invisible vehicles when disconnecting on real ones, or just losing stuff in tents or on the ground...

Then I got killed by hackers and lame players just shooting players on sight, even when I said on mic that I was friendly (and really was).

Then zombies started to attack me by going through walls, barricades, teleporting left and right, and so on.

I also had graphical artifacts bugs which really trashed my game experience (and yes I did the no multithread config in nVidia settings). By reading the official forums here I understood that the game devs were not interacting with the community whatsoever, and found it really shameful considering some indie devs regularly post and replies on their own forums.

After 4 days of DayZ, the thrilling gameplay experience I had vanished into thin air, considering the amount of issues that just break it, players behaviors included.

I was bored of dying for no reason whatsoever, bored of having poor feedback about next coming patches, and regretted that the game role play experience was so poor. If only zombies were able to catch you and you needed help from another survivor (Left4Dead gameplay mechanic is really good on that topic), this would have drastically change the gameplay and players behavior.

Cheating felt to me like the normal thing to get the things in balance with the alpha mod (I know it's alpha, so why would anyone care of cheats? I don't know, this is not clear... You yell "it's alpha, it's a test" and scream like babies when someone cheats to push the game to its corners)

As some people stated, the game just ended in another PvP Online Shooter. End game, nothing to do. I would have taken great pleasure to repair vehicles, but I quite never found vehicles, except on some unpopulated servers, making the use of vehicles really poor (they ended hidden in woods, used as storage facilities when switching servers).

This is when I started cheating. It was really fun to transform some servers into a sandbox where I could spawn choppers and whatever guns I liked. Note that I never used the scripts to kill players, thunderdome or other bullshits like this (never used godlike except once to try to save me from bleeding after an heli crash) and used unpopulated servers. Ruining others experience is not my kind. I silently geared myself up, and moved on other servers without killing anyone.

I also geared all my friends and we just had fun shooting each other without looking to break the gameplay of others.

After that, my goal was to try some roleplay, like taking players in hostages, but no matter what it always ended in dumb gunfights. The side channel removed made this even worst, as interactions with other players was made very poor.

On my way to cheat, I made a few manipulation mistakes that probably got me banned (or I executed the wrong scripts, I don't know, but it is obviously due to records in the hive database and not on immediate software detection).

The 25$ Arma II Combined OPS costed me was worth it. I had a great experience for the first three days of DayZ, and I already bought games that price that never delivered me the experience I had.

Even banned, I did not see my money as wasted money.

I will wait for the standalone to get out, if it's better than the doubtful-promised "The War Z" I will get it.

I know what you guys will write : "bye bye, won't regret you", or "you got what you deserve punk", but I felt that sharing my cheater experience with you could be cool for people who are interesting in knowing more about the "why do they do that".

Still I regret nothing and will move on to other games, waiting the standalone to find you there :-)

Most of your story is clearly bullshit.

You are a hacker trying to get sympathy and allies to justify your actions but you are a cheater nonetheless and you are banned.

Good riddance.

You are the problem with DayZ. You could have kept playing, learned the game, which does takes at least weeks or MONTHS! This is Arma2 remember? The learning curve is very very long, and months is not a long time for it. Instead you looked for the easy way out when you died for mistakes made because of inexperience.

Again, good riddance and I hope you never do play the standalone. I don't want to play with you.

• Like 2

Most of your story is clearly bullshit.

You are a hacker trying to get sympathy and allies to justify your actions but you are a cheater nonetheless and you are banned.

Good riddance.

You are the problem with DayZ. You could have kept playing, learned the game, which does takes at least weeks or MONTHS! This is Arma2 remember? The learning curve is very very long, and months is not a long time for it. Instead you looked for the easy way out when you died for mistakes made because of inexperience.

Again, good riddance and I hope you never do play the standalone. I don't want to play with you.

If you listen to the hackers and their sympathizers, Rocket is to blame for them hacking. Just like an abusive husband screaming "YOU MADE ME DO THIS!" as he beats his wife with a golf club.

Give me a game that fixed all of its issues in four months flat. A single game.

Diablo 3 hasn't fixed all of its issues and it's been out HOW long? Oh wait.

May. The same month Day Z was release in alpha.

Edited by Jachim
  • Like 1

Once a cheater always a cheater. He u Up Yours.

If any of you had bothered to actually read it you might have gleaned that it was in fact a message to the devs about the state of the game. But don't feel too bad, the lack of an attention span of over five seconds is probably the average on these forums.

5 seconds? That's a very generous estimate you give. Emotional-thinker knee-jerk types have at best, 3 seconds. You can tell them by the instant emotive response, clear failure to read, let alone comprehend the OP's post, and the utter failure of English comprehension or thoughts comprised of more than one simple part. Classic mouth breathers.

• Like 1

So according to the OP excuses everyone playing this game has the "right" to hack it due to bugs, bandits etc.

And if you don't thunderdome, global kill or explode a full city then it's ok to hack, even when that gives you the upper hand due to weapons, equipment, vehicles and invincibility.

This sentence sums it up for me: "After that, my goal was to try some roleplay, like taking players in hostages, but no matter what it always ended in dumb gunfights."

You don't ruin the experience for anyone? And if they try to kill before dying then it is a dumb gunfight?

OP, you don't make sense and besides that, you don't make sense.

Ah.... people like you make me so glad that I was born with a functioning brain! How do you get along without yours, I wonder?

Care to explain?

OP, have you heard of ARMA 2? You know, that game you actually paid money for? You can fire up the editor, make your own scenario with any rules and any gear you wish so you and your friends can enjoy killing each other for as long as you want. It only takes a few minutes to do, literally.

And what's up with so many "clearly u didn't read the post, he was bored" responses? Since when is boredom a valid excuse to turn a multiplayer game into your own playground? What the hell. It seems not only lots of players do already use scripts to cheat, but many would have no problem doing so if they weren't afraid to get banned. This community kinda sucks.

It took him 4 days to get bored and start CHEATING. It took me longer than that to figure out how to gear myself up and survive. Maybe if the OP wasn't a little bitch and took the time to play the game he'd actually know if he liked it.

Edited by JamesR
  • Like 3

butt-hurt op is butt-hurt. absolutely zero people are giving any fucks about "why you cheated" especially when you state that it was because you were bored. you are a loser.

It took him 4 days to get bored and start CHEATING. It took me longer than that to figure out how to gear myself up and survive. Maybe if the OP wasn't a little bitch and took the time to play the game he'd actually know if he liked it.

Kids today and their goddamn internets and all the iPads and high fructose corn syrup. I blame his parents.

• Like 2

And what's up with so many "clearly u didn't read the post, he was bored" responses? Since when is boredom a valid excuse to turn a multiplayer game into your own playground? What the hell.

IDK, maybe rocket himself was "bored" with traditional Arma II when he decided to make DayZ?! Yeahh...I guess everyone should look down on DayZ because boredom might have had something to do with its creation.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

How on earth is less than a week of playing a glitchy alpha game and getting banned worth 25 dollars. If you were that curious why didnt you just play regular arma2 where they GIVE YOU all the weapons and vehicles. Curiousity cured. Might as well have bought a steak dinner with that 25 dollars.

One less cheater - woohoo!

Very very small amount of kudos for being honest (after cheating).

Hope you don't buy the standalone. If the game remains too hard for you on standalone release, will you give it three days and start hacking again?

Great level of perceverance.

Bye

IDK, maybe rocket himself was "bored" with traditional Arma II when he decided to make DayZ?! Yeahh...I guess everyone should look down on DayZ because boredom might have had something to do with its creation.

The difference here is the developer spent his time creating this mod, trying to make something good and create something that would benefit a lot of people, OP was unwilling to abide by the basic tenets of involvement in the game which is that it's a shared experience and went about corrupting the game to suit his impulses, undoing the work that the developer created and damaging others game experience.

You do all realise non-hive private servers do this all the time right?

Had this guy done this stuff privately with friends, wouldn't have been a problem. It'd be a nice thing to see the ability to do this legitimately (think, GTA free mode, or playing a Valve game through Garry's Mod) included in the final release. Nothing to work on urgently, (since if you know how you could set it up now really) but in the future maybe.

OP, you did make a pretty massive mistake thinking you could do it on public, BE protected servers though. If everyone was playing by the same rules, would have been okay, but as it wasn't, then nope. I'm sure there's a private hive community out there who is pro RP and mod the game to do so, and who deliberately don't run BE to avoid getting themselves globally banned. Then, when they switch to normal hive games, play legit.

Yup, could have done that on whatever private server, but I admit I just did not care that much, considering I was not trying to interact with other players with my scripts, I felt it was harmless.

Edited by Thadeum

Well, even something like spawning in a vehicle is going to have an effect on your environment. Even if it was a busted one that needed repairs, you were artificially increasing demand for vehicle components, perhaps actively going out looting player camps or industrial sites which other players (with legit vehicles) also would have been looking for. For example, imagine a group needing a windowscreen for their legit car, which you took to repair yours. Seems minor, but they now have to keep looking, might even have died trying. In a roundabout way, it would be kind of your fault they were in that position.

Even the smallest things can change your environment, and thus the interactions other players have with it also.

Edited by Warped_Jack

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

You can clearly see who has read the post and who didn't, he never thunder domed or ruined anyone elses gameplay experience, He didn't start because he was getting owned, he started because of the the lack of content in the game and while I find that silly since this is an alpha and now he cant play this game until the standalone, I can see why he did it. he wanted to have the fun that the game did not provide.

This mod isn't supposed to be "fun" in the traditional sense. Dev has stated this in many interviews, his intention was never to create "a fun game." DayZ is intended to be an involving and compelling experience and emotionally significant, and it is experimental in nature. The game is supposed to scare you, make you feel desperate and alone, make you struggle, become frustrated, disoriented and instill a genuine sense of despair. How you choose to respond to this despair IS the game. In DayZ the intent is not to form groups because "this is an MMO" or "you need 4 people @ lvl 25 to beat instance X" but because you are scared (or lonely, bored, annoyed, or have some other motive) and it's genuinely tough out there on your own. Necessity is the mother of invention, ideally the game will have a few more basic mechanics to allow more sophisticated interactions between players, but even in its current (and previous states) it has brought about some pretty cool examples of this. Yes, the game can be quite boring at times, but that is interspersed with moments of sheer terror, frustration, and agony, and every now and then the occasional triumph. In my view, boredom is an essential part of the experience, the point is NOT to cheat but find other ways to resolve it through the existing game mechanics, which is honestly pretty cool. If you don't see how cool that is then I can understand that too, but you're missing out.

• Like 2