Sign in to follow this  
nexuzkid

DayZ Mod = DayZ Game?

Hi. You might have been confused by the title.

What I mean to ask is, does DayZ Mod have the same features as DayZ Game?

Would DayZ mod contain the same features just as DayZ Game, just cheaper?

Will a DayZ Mod player, be able to play together with a DayZ Game player?

Regards.

1.All we know is that rocket wants the mod to be modable so the community can create new maps etc.

2.I dont think so

No the mod and the game will be two separate entities you can only play with friends if you play on the same platform. either the game or the mod.

The game and the mod would hopefully have the same features but this is hard to say for the release of the standalone there will be a lot of the bugs resolved and a few extra features added in from what rocket has said in several interviews this may include the start of the underground bases.

No the mod and the game will be two separate entities you can only play with friends if you play on the same platform. either the game or the mod.

The game and the mod would hopefully have the same features but this is hard to say for the release of the standalone there will be a lot of the bugs resolved and a few extra features added in from what rocket has said in several interviews this may include the start of the underground bases.

Why on earth would anyone buy the standalone if the mod has the same features? Logic tells us that no, the standalone will have features the mod doesnt have.

• Like 1

Why on earth would anyone buy the standalone if the mod has the same features? Logic tells us that no, the standalone will have features the mod doesnt have.

the standalone will just be different

the mod will be made open for modders, so they can add their own stuff

people can run their own servers with their own rules and stuff

they will keep working on the mod, but not all features can be realised in the

mod, thats why they go for the standalone version to begin with.

i think the mod will die slowly after the war z come out

"If" it comes out you mean, and nah the mod isnt going to die, there have to be some people who dont buy the standalone and just play the mod (there tons of people ranting about rocket charging money for the stand alone)

Thank you guys, for your submissions and answers. I think I'll just buy the 2 separate Arma II (Operation Arrowhead) and get the mod.

i think the mod will die slowly after the war z come out

If it is anything like War inc, I doubt it. All info on it right now is just words, after we see it in action then we will know.

After to mod is opened up I am sure more stuff will happen through the community with it. It will die down, that is to be expected, but I think it will have some staying power.

absolutely... Warz is just an expectation of a good game but nothing more than that, but Dayz (mod) is a unfinished product and i believe it will never be finished, i mean being a mod from a crappy game like Arma2 is terrible its just impossible for it to work smooth without those fucking annoying bugs, or is just me that get mad when a zed brake your legs throught the wall?

did you guys watched the streams on that Dayz Hunger Game? i felt bad for the guys diyng because of the bugs. In the future people will ask themselves: 'How could i play this game for so long?' Dayz is awesome and everything but, at this point the right word to define it would be: frustrating.

^^Could we please keep the retarded warZ speculations to a minimum, it's pretty hard to say anything intelligently about WarZ, since it only consists of 15 ugly screenshots and 10 imaginary bulletpoints.

DayZ the mod and the game will run on two different engines.

DayZ the mod, is a mod for ArmA2 and thus shares the engine with all other ArmA2 mods and servers. ArmA2 is a infantery simulator and the AI is coded to act like soldiers, to engage enemies from a distance with rifles, to flank and to avoid running in straight line, so they aren't easy targets. This means DayZ mod zombies are really soldiers, scripted to act like zombies, which makes them more weird and aren't really coded to do what zombies does best, close range melee attacks.

DayZ the game is a standalone, which means it can make changes to the engine, so zombie are no longer soldiers, but zombies coded as zombies. It's unclear which version of the Real Virtuality engine the game will run on, but the official word atm is ArmA2½, not ArmA2, not ArmA3.

Can anyone tell dumb me what WarZ is?

According to WarZ's developers, they've been developing a zombie game for PS3, but after they witnessed DayZ humongous succes, they decided to change it into a mmo/zombie/survival whatever. According to them, they've been in development for years and are absolutely not copying DayZ. But so far the only thing they have to show is 15-20 ugly ass screenshots, no ingame footage and a wishlist that promises a game that contains everything DayZ has, everything WoW has, only completely without any bugs and a magic netcode.

Edited by Dallas

Yep, I have broken my legs out in the middle of nowhere. I crawled for hours to get to Cherno to fix myself up, only to die by glitching off of a building while trying to make sure the Hospital was safe.It made for a frustratingly fun night.

As for War Z, as I have said, I hope it will pan out. But for now it is nothing more than an idea.

Dayz has an alpha mod to show proof of concept for now though, so I have a better idea of what the standalone will be like. The fact it is a Mod limits what can be done with it for now. People just have to accept that.

The Hunger Gamez indeed had a lot of issues, but at the same time it showed how much potential this engine/game has. I look forward to the next one, with lessons learned I think it will be much better experience for the viewers and the players.

@Dallas

Im just gonna respond with "Huh?" and leave it at that.

Now, what I think would be really cool is something like DayZ, only with all the military equipment, and without the zombies. (I'm just going with whatever I can think of at the moment, so dont expect the nest part to be well thought out.)

You start out as a private, in either opfor, blufor or independant. All you have to begin with is a sidearm, or maybe not even that.

Know what, maybe a dayz meets warfare, meets takistan life, if you know what I mean..

Because it's a mod for ArmA2, it can't make changes to the engine, because those changes would affect all other "non-DayZ" ArmA2 servers. The standalone game can make all the changes to the engine, because it doesn't share the engine with regular ArmA2 missions.

Not sure which part of it made you go huh?

The word from Rocket is, when the standalone is released, alot of the restrictions will be lifted from the mod. It will be easier to password private servers and "mod" the mod. Personally I'm hoping someone will release a DayZ Insurgency mod.

Edited by Dallas

with stand alone being worked on dont expect the mod to go anywhere

work on mod for free or get paid lots of money for stand alone

money ftw

Since the mod will be opened up further to the community, allowing us to mod and customize it, it's in pretty good hands.

In what way?

They are limited by the ARMA 2 engine. The more they mess with it, the more it affects ARMA 2 gameplay and conflicts with other ARMA 2 mods. This is not ideal.

Objects that should not exists in dayz can be hacked in because they are in the game engine for ARMA 2.

An example: A few week ago I tried to hop on the editor to do some chopper flying and could not access ARMA 2 resources. I think this was fixed, haven't messed with it recently. There was a post about it, but I cannot find it, sorry.

Engine limitations can be changed fixed without messing with ARMA 2 to better accommodate DAYZ.

Stuff like that and more other stuff.

Since the mod will be opened up further to the community, allowing us to mod and customize it, it's in pretty good hands.

I agree. We can see things like integration of other ARMA 2 mods to DAYz such as ACRE and ACE, as well as WW II settings and more locations. Private servers even now are growing in popularity due to more control over skiddies and content, Lingor Island for example.

An example: A few week ago I tried to hop on the editor to do some chopper flying and could not access ARMA 2 resources. I think this was fixed, haven't messed with it recently. There was a post about it, but I cannot find it, sorry.

Just to be 100% clear on this, you DID remove DayZ from your modpath right? As in you started ArmA2 CO without any mods?

And you did not move the arma2 directory into arma2oa ?

No I did not. I did find by launching Arma co through steam worked fine though. I had previously launched the six shooter thingy to launch arma co. Then would drop out to single player and go from there, that was the problem. But it is still a flaw of being a mod of a game.

You can launch it perfectly through six updater, just remove dayz from the Dynamic preset ;P Its no flaw. Its a user error.

I always add beta first, then dayz. If I want normal CO i just remove dayz from the preset, and press launch game.

According to WarZ's developers, they've been developing a zombie game for PS3, but after they witnessed DayZ humongous succes, they decided to change it into a mmo/zombie/survival whatever. According to them, they've been in development for years and are absolutely not copying DayZ. But so far the only thing they have to show is 15-20 ugly ass screenshots, no ingame footage and a wishlist that promises a game that contains everything DayZ has, everything WoW has, only completely without any bugs and a magic netcode.

Actually the inspiration for the game came from a book called 'The World War Z' from 2006 written by Max Brooks.