Sign in to follow this  
kevenc

Fix artifacting, FFS.

This game is completely unplayable with all this artifacting seriously... Even yesterday, the guy Puddn who had artifacting while the 1 on 1 I feel him... I just got shot from the place where the artifacting where comming from ! This is seriously an issue who need to be adressed ASAP.

Well another rage thread about it is not going to solve the issue use the search function I have explained ways to resolve and temporarily fix the issue already in several posts.

The devs are working hard to get the game set up for the standalone and working hard on the 1.7.3 patch at the moment it will literally just need you to be a little more patient and a little less "copy pasta rage thread" to get the issue solved. Also I would like to point out this is an alpha bugs happen get over it.

• Like 1

Yes, it's broken. Check back in a month or so and see if 1.7.3 has been released, there is a small chance that this patch will fix the issue.

This game is completely unplayable with all this artifacting seriously... Even yesterday, the guy Puddn who had artifacting while the 1 on 1 I feel him... I just got shot from the place where the artifacting where comming from ! This is seriously an issue who need to be adressed ASAP.

So you know where the artifacting is... and yet you still go around there expecting to not have a disadvantage? But it's a good thing you posted this thread, Rocket is sure to get right on it now that you've made him aware of it.

(Left Shift) + (Numpad -)

No interface will appear, but it is active. Type the word "FLUSH" on your keyboard and the screen will temporarily be black. The artifacts should be gone. This also works if your video drivers crash and don't recover.

if you an amd/ati user I have settings that resolved my artifacting 100%.

Settings as follows for the catalyst control manager.

snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

snap3.jpg

Enjoy no artifacting.. If this doesn't fix the problem. Then I have other settings to the arma game files them selves that may in tandem resolve the issue.

(Left Shift) + (Numpad -)

No interface will appear, but it is active. Type the word "FLUSH" on your keyboard and the screen will temporarily be black. The artifacts should be gone. This also works if your video drivers crash and don't recover.

This doesn't always work for me, sometimes when I start seeing artefacts I have to completely log out and close the game down then relaunch it. That normally works for me.

Regarding the OP making another rage post, the more rage posts the better just like in the real world if enough people complain something eventually gets done. This artefact problem is an issue that affects us all so the more people that whinge about it the better imo.

Don't listen to the groupies flaming you they have their noses so far up Rocket's bum they can smell his mouthwash. They will flame someone for the slightest criticism of the mod they worship.

Another good practice I use... center your crosshair on the artifacting. Log out and completely exit out of the game. Then when you log back in. Artifacting should be gone.

Tried the above possible fix, nothing still.

Doesn't matter what server either zzz

Just fucking remove the shit causing it already

Set your video memory to default. Worked a charm for me. Have seen very little artifacting since.

My processor and GFX card:

Phenom II 965 BE

VTX3D Radeon HD 6950 2gb

EDIT: That is in the in-game video setting btw

Edited by Almighty-mopster

I get artifacts when going to military bases. What i do is go to Video setting --> advance --> disable/enable vertical sync. If it's on and gets artifacts, turn it off. Do the same process if you get artifacts back (in reverse, off to on)

This helped me. My graphic card is nvidia gtx 580, So i dunno if this will help AMD cards.