HawkX

I cant even join a server

Everytime i try to join into a server, battleye message comes up that keeps saying the content is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted, then it lists some things.

What do i do about that?

and if that doesnt happen, another box appears saying BAD VERSION, SERVER REJECTED CONNECTION.

if anyone can tell me how to fix this, much thanks...spent money and time trying to do all this and i havnt even gottin to play a second of DayZ yet...

how did you install dayz, and how do you launch it?

and telling us what is missing will help us helping you... so more info pls

I downloaded it from Steam.

I download Arma 2, then the Combined Operations. (stupid choices there i know).

Then I did what everyone was saying, with the whole signing in as admin, then signing into each game once.

did the whole, arma 2 OperationArrowHead > @Dayz > addons > then this one forum told me to place the Torrent by coppy and pasting it in the addons, wasnt able to so figured i had to make a text document, then paste the torrent in the text document. (copied and pasted everything that was on that torrent page on this site, dont know if that was wrong or not.) And I AM launching the game as Combined operations.

And i also put "-mod=@dayz" for launch options for OA.

Then, yea... I cant figure out what els I can do. All the youtube vidos show Alpha Testing on the home page here anymore, so no help there.

And it keeps saying after i fail to join a server:

"content is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, days_vehicles"

Thanks for helping me, kinda figured no one would.

try downloading the "dayz commander" this launcher tends to work better for me then the six launcher. but i did have that same error what i did was uninstall my dayz commander, then reinstalled it, then reupdated the current patches to be able to play again.

Sorry for all the misspelling and parts that make lil sence. its 130am and been trying to get this started for past 5 hours now. Tired and frustrated so please bare with me.

Scavenger, I have done that. read that six launcher dont really work anymore and to get rid of it. so i did. and i have that dayz commander now, how do i do the updates? I see versions, but everytime i click on the install part of that it keeps saying error.

sorry im pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

unfortunatly, i can't help with those programs... i installed all the stuff manually, but this is a bit more complicated (but im also more flexible, since i can launch different versions of dayz, just by using an other shortcut)

nevertheless... i was wondering, if you had already checked your dayz folder if the flies, the game was missing are actually missing...

just find your game folder and go to /@DayZ/addons there should be (at least in my case) 15 files in there:

dayz.pbo, dayz.pbo.dayz.bisign, dayzanim.pbo, dayzanim.pbp.dayz.bisign, dayz_code.pbo, dayz_code...., dayz_equip.pbo, dayz_equip..., dayz_sfx.pbo, dayz_sfx..., dayz_vehicles.pbo, dayz_vehicles..., dayz_weapons.pbo, dayz_weapons..., and md5checksums.txt

if any of those files is missing you should download the mod files again: http://uk1.dayz.nu/l...ayZ-1.7.2.5.rar

just put all of them in youd /@DayZ/addons folder, and it should work....

that "Bad Version" error, you get is because, you don't only need the right version of DayZ to play, but also the right version of Arma:OA since there are often coming new beta patches that can manually downloaded here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php ...

when you read a server name, you should be able the information you need from it easily. for example: "DayZ - DE 1663 (v1.7.2.5/Beta 96061) [EXPERT][GMT+1] dayzmod.com" means that the server runs DayZ 1.7.2.5, and beta patch 1.62: 96061

when you use the latest beta patch, you should be able to join server using older versions, but not vice versa

THANK YOU for you help. I dont have anything in my addon file, except for that one rar link that you sent me. I couldnt find any of them cause everytime i would click on the Alpha whatever thing at top left, it would just show me something els.

is that one link all of them in one or just one of many?

and ima try that other patch you gave me aswell. see how that works.

also where would i need to save one of those new patches to?

you can save the beta patch where you want, simple installing should work, since it automatically finds where to install to... (you only need to download the 96061 patch now, but you might have to download other versions in the future)

the Dayz-1.7.2.5.rar file is to be extracted, just like a .zip file... if you don't any program that can do that, i would reccomend 7zip (can handle .rar archives)

I have used this guide to get my game running, maybe it can also help you... if you still have problems, don't hesitate to ask here

thqnk you for helping me bro, but sadly im still having the problem. I did the patch and i think that worked cause i got further then i usurally do when trying to join. but then i get kicked saying that i dont have that downloadable content. i did that zip thing and extracted and all that...buuuut idk...maybe im doing something wrong... ugh... :( :( :( :( :(

well i got into a room, but then i got kicked out....and it said that message again about the deleted content...if i can just figure out what that is all about, im pretty sure i could end up acturally PLAYING the game

i have no idea whats wrong, but maybe it's caused because you used six launcher... a friend of mine had problems with this as well, because it somehow seemed that it did something with the game .exe

if that is the case i have no idea how to fix that

so maybe starting all over again might be an option...

Try going into you're Arma files and delete DayZ all together as well as uninstalling DayZ Commander, then revarify you're Arma II games in Steam and open them again. Reinstall DayZ Commander and update through that. It should redownload the files and install them for you. If that doesn't work I'll see what I can figure out when I get off work later today.

Omg...this game better be worth all this trouble... cause this is complete bull crap. no game should be worth this much trouble over...hell, no game should be this troublesome just to play

ok will do, thank you ironzombie, and also thank you to you aswell Hasi

Thanks for yalls help...but right now ima just take a break and go to sleep. 730am with no sleep and crap still installing so ill pass out, and get back to yall if this crap is still happening, so yea check back in like...5hrs maybe

HEY YOU GUYS! i got it working, thank you so much for yalls advice!!!!

been playin for a while, cant really do much cause everyone keeps killin me everytime i go into towns lol.