I just found one today' date=' so I'm fairly certain they're meant to spawn there. Lying next to the crashed chopper just like the FN FAL and the Mk 2 Mod 0 next to it, with 2 STANAG rounds. Moments later is saved me and my friend's lives as I noticed zombies had spawned at a shed a little while away, then I picked up a bright red glowing ghillie suit heading our way, so we bugged out.

So you disconnected?

Over just seeing someone?

Looks legit :-

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Displayname - L85A2 AWS

Class Name - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS

Its also listed in the config.bin for the core dayz

NVG and Thermal I Do not believe it has the alternative optics view that switches to iron sights over the top but could be wrong.

I have one, and the clan I roll with has 5. It is not really that rare. Some days I find more L85's than I do DMRs at helos. I've seen roughly 15-20 so far since helos got fixed on all servers.

Btw press "N" while zoomed to cycle through NV and TM. Press + to zoom in (cant right click) and - to zoom back out.

Gun zeroes UP TO 800 press PG up and PG down.

This honestly will be the best gun when the ammo tracker patch comes out since it uses stanag. (does it use 5.56 ak? i killed a guy who had this with 5.56 ak but no stanag... was he an idiot or did his mags glitch or can you use the ak74 mags?)

So you disconnected?

Over just seeing someone?

Definition of BUG OUT

intransitive verb

: to retreat during a military action; especially : to flee in panic

: to depart especially in a hurry

Not that it was particularly panicked, but we didn't want to kill the poor bastard for doing nothing more than being near a heli crash (there were actually 2 on either side of the road--I swear in this one area of Chernarus the zombies have EMP technology), but at the same time knew there was about a 95% chance he'd try to kill us for the same reason.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Just went bandit hunting over Elektro with it. It's so ridiculously overpowered for spotting people, but it's visibility range isn't giant, especially on thermal. I did make a group of three bandits (who had just mowed down a survivor carrying a flare with their M4s) all disconnect while my bullets landed on and around them. It's really difficult to see the bullet impacts on thermal, so rangefinding is difficult. Doesn't help when you have about 2 seconds to kill them before they disappear, the bastards.

Just found the L85 at a heli,there where no Zs so i was the first,my first L85 ever,awsome :cool:

And yes,it only uses Stanag and Stanag SD magazines,so that guy was a retard

edit: Yes,the Mk14 SD isnt in DayZ so better get rid of it

pluses:

*perfect to spot enemies, on any distance (general purpose of this gun)

*uses STANAG ammo (pretty common and easy to find)

*burst fire + long range scope (sniping machine gun, heh)

*manual zeroing (up to 800 m.)

*accepts the STANAG SD (can be heard by other players, but does not alert zeds) (thanks to WalkerDown for protip)

*has a laser (can be seen with NVG)

minuses:

*way less precise than sniper rifles, not intended for long range fight

*narrow sight, wich makes you helpless on close distances (if the server has no crosshair)

*loud

overall, weapon of choice for spotter

if you have a teammate, who can cover you while you check the horizon

Additional value (that is true for any weapon that uses STANAG): it accepts the STANAG SD, they can be listened by other players, but they do not alerts the zeds (for the game you're using a silenced weapon).

Also, it's absoultely awful at long ranges. I've only tried sniping more bandits from ranges or 400-600 metres, and it's next to impossible to land a shot (or, if I'm landing shots, it's really weak at that range). Even ranged more or less correctly, the bullet spread and drop is pretty huge.

Thought I would mention since I have not seen it mentioned anywhere...

This gun has a UV laser on it too. Did not have a NV enabled friend to confirm, but you can see it through it's own scope in NV mode. Laser does not show up in thermal mode.

I found mine at heli site.

The Grey Huey

It's a UH-1Y Venom not a Huey.

The Venom is the Super Huey, he was not wrong in calling it a Huey. Technically the N model was the Twin Huey but people just left off the "Twin" part. :P

Anyway, as for the weapon. It is probably one of the most useful weapons in the game if you play any type of stealth game. If you are a super sniper or a machine gunning nut case it might not be for you.