Hello all. I found this weapon on a body on US 12. It has an icon. It also has a scope that is both night vision and thermal.

The wiki does not list this as a weapon in the game. Is it hacked? Other threads on it were lost in the forum's purge.

Thanks!

To my knowledge this weapon is part of the mod. It's just extremely rare. So congratulations.

To my knowledge this weapon is part of the mod. It's just extremely rare. So congratulations.

Ah, thank you!

Well, I guess I should also thank the guy who killed the survivor and left the body for me to find...

One other question: when I use the scope, it is ONLY nightvision or thermal. Does anyone know how to turn this off so it is just a normal scope? The nightvision key cycles through the two.

Sadly the optics on that particular variant only allowed NV or Therma, there's no option for 'normal'. Although, you could try the '/' key on your num pad. As far as I know, the scope has a backup iron sight on the top? I may be wrong.

Great, thanks guys!

I have found one on a player I killed near a heli crash, I used it for 2 days then when I connected the 3rd day it had disapeard from my inventory, instead, a makarov had spawned at my feet!

Is that a bug or was the item not legit and deleted ?

That's really sad I loved that weapon, besides logging in standing in one of the most dangerous area with a makarov and no ammo gave me a hard time...

I dont think that gun is in the mod. Is there a way to confirm this?

Where is that spawn list or whatever it is?

Even if it is in the game, heli crash spawns are bugged and dont give any loot.

i would say this is from the cheater.

One of the reasons I dont play this anymore :)

Even if it is in the game' date=' heli crash spawns are bugged and dont give any loot.

i would say this is from the cheater[/quote']

Only one kind of crash site is bugged

The Grey Huey with the left side gunner weapon having a static muzzle flash

There is also a crash site with a green helicopter, which is working properly and giving loot

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Listed in "Heli Crash Site":

BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS

That's the weapon, so it's legit

Enjoy this great weapon

RE: L85

My friend did the same and asked me to find out if you can do something, he wants to complain about losing that weapon,he can get it back?

tnx.

BYTES!!!

Nice find that thermal scope is gonna make you a pro bandit or well defended survivor.

I found a Mk48 Mod0 with two belts of ammo on ground, to the left side of the Grey version, and it did indeed have the right side M134 spewing the muzzle flash.

'Copter wasn't lootable though, I tried all around it, never found a "gear" menu.

Weapon was just sitting on the ground, so it could be someone left it there. It seems like a pretty unlikely coincidence though.

Even if it is in the game' date=' heli crash spawns are bugged and dont give any loot.

i would say this is from the cheater[/quote']

There is also a crash site with a green helicopter, which is working properly and giving loot

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Listed in "Heli Crash Site":

BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS

That's the weapon, so it's legit

Enjoy this great weapon

Actually the other night I picked up a bizon SD with five mags from one of the choppers with the static muzzle flash on it. There were also crappy medical supplies and an M14 AIM.

The loot was just on the ground around the chopper.

Ah' date=' thank you!

Well, I guess I should also thank the guy who killed the survivor and left the body for me to find...

One other question: when I use the scope, it is ONLY nightvision or thermal. Does anyone know how to turn this off so it is just a normal scope? The nightvision key cycles through the two.

[/quote']

Go to your controls and look for the button called 'Alternative view' or 'Alternative sight' or so. That allows you to switch between sights on 1 weapon (usually scope and iron sights). It doesn't work with all weapons though.

There are other threads where people (including me) had their guns replaced with a Makarov. As I have said, I think that some of the devs wrongly think this is a hacked gun and are removing it from players' inventory.

Oh well!

I also found The One at a crash site near Stary. I noticed the name was different from the one in the Wiki so I checked here to see if my gun is legit...

And now I'm scared.

Nah, you'll be fine. Worst case scenario it disappears

I just found one today, so I'm fairly certain they're meant to spawn there. Lying next to the crashed chopper just like the FN FAL and the Mk 2 Mod 0 next to it, with 2 STANAG rounds. Moments later is saved me and my friend's lives as I noticed zombies had spawned at a shed a little while away, then I picked up a bright red glowing ghillie suit heading our way, so we bugged out.

I found one in a crashed heli. It was nightvision only. I carried it in my pack for awhile then dropped it on a cow I gutted. I won't pick another one again. Unless you do night banditry, I don't see much use for it.

Ummm, the L85 has both Night and Thermal vision. It's only the FN FAL that has the Night Vision only scope.

While scoped in on the L85, the scope is defaulted to nightvision. If you hit "N" while in nightvision mode it switches to thermal. Hit "N" again and back to nightvision. Nightvision usless during day, obviously, but thermal works fine during the day.