pjano

banned on ANZ 1 for talking?

the kids on ANZ 1 just banned me for talking to people in side chat. Never knew these people are that retarded that they don't know how to mute

• Like 1

You're not supposed to mic chat over side channel. It's common courtesy.

"3) VON (microphone) spamming

I've already handed out a permanent ban for someone spamming music through side chat, don't be next. Hitting the "wrong key" for a long period of time is not acceptable either, if you are having that many issues with the controls, we will hand out an hour or two ban so you can "fix" the problem."

http://www.ausarma.org/topic/1169-dayz-server-rules/

^.^

I play on ANZ1 all the time and I know they would have warned you several times first. Its not up to the 49 other people to mute you. Thumbs up AUSARMA you deserve your ban.

most servers have a group chat which hardly gets used instead of a side chat. As for the warning thing, people said shut up (I was talking to people in cherno) but they never mentioned "talk in this channel and we'll ban you"

thirdly, the side channel gets spammed with messages but we can't use mic? come on

You CAN NOT ban people for using the VOIP. If its enabled it allowed.

They have specifically said if you have side chat enabled you can not ban people for using it.

I'm still banned from ANZ 1, simply because people don't know how to turn down in-game voip in settings. This is sad and I don't understand

can somebody please straighten out the admins on ANZ 1?

I play on ANZ 1 all the time, and tools talking on the global and side channels is really really annoying. You must have really been abusing it to get a ban, as they seem way to tolerant of it (IMO). Please use direct chat, or get teamspeak in future.

The server admins should disable it if they are so concerned about it and a permanent ban is overkill unless the person refused to stop when warned.

This is a case of amateurish admins more then anything.

This is a case of amateurish admins more then anything.

lol, you don't know anything about ausarma, amateurish is not what I would call them B)

White wolf has post the server rules, he would only get permanent from the servers if he breaks them, he will get a temporary ban (I think it can be up to 3 days) if he keeps on talking on the side chat. I'm sure he can access their other servers anz 2/3/4/5, these don't have side chat ...

He has not use the ban appeals area on the forums http://www.ausarma.o...ppeals-process/

The reason why they have side chat on anz1 is to enable new players to ask(type) questions about the game and to get to know each other. There have been some debate on turning it off, but the admin has pointed out players can go to their other servers, and new players need somewhere to go when they are learning...

The admins are very tolerant and would not ban someone without good cause ...

Edited by tazgecko

lol, you don't know anything about ausarma, amateurish is not what I would call them B)

Disable side chat and the problem goes away.

There are plenty of tutorial videos on Youtube and Arma 2 has a built in tutorial, theres also a DayZ Wiki.

Leaving it on just creates problems because you know full well people are going to use it if it is there

instead of wasting time getting into a game of policing who talks and what they say just remove it.

This is like the Battlefield 3 issue of foul languange. EA disallows it and there are server admins who disallow it

but the characters in the game swear constantly in both SP and MP but the player has no control over it..

instead of just adding a admin tool to remove it they leave it in and allow to it create arguments and bans.

Arma 2/DayZ allows you to disable it.... Use it or stop complaining when people do use it.

Sounds to me like they are just keeping it on because they are looking for an excuse to use their admin rights

like people who hate loud noise but choose to buy a house next to an airport.... they just like an excuse to bitch.

Edited by jblackrupert

You are still making them out to be inexperienced kids who know nothing about admin, which is far from the truth ...

ANZ1 was one of the first dayz server's running, I can see why they had set it up. But considering there is now plenty of tutorials out there now, you could be right, it might be time to turn it off ... although the only problem is for the players with large ego's who don't take notice of the rules

Edited by tazgecko

Rules is rules. If they were displayed then it's up to folk to read em' and heed em'. If not then dismissal is perfectly valid. Learn a lesson from it and move on.