dph314

Rocket-> THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IN THIS AMAZING GAME...FIXED!

A solution for server-hopping :idea: I think it will be fair and work like a charm. Idea---when someone logs into a server for the first time and spawns for the first time, that becomes they're 'primary' server for the time-being. When they log out, and then later log back in, they spawn right in the same spot like things work now. But, when they want to switch servers (log into one other than their 'primary'), they spawn at a random spawn point anywhere out in the wilderness anywhere on the map (that way you don't spawn on the coast near new players when you have good loot you've spent time collecting, and you also don't spawn in a town that is probably inhabited by another player and zombies). That server they logged into then becomes their 'primary', where they can log out and spawn where they left off, and the same random-wilderness spawn occurs everytime someone decides to 'switch' from their primary server. THIS SOLVES SERVER-HOPPING and still allows people to play in any server they want. PLEASE ROCKET, do something along these lines as a cure for server-hopping, so that awesome ideas like the Trading Post - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9239&pid=88809#pid88809 - as well as others where people want to set up a 'permanent settlement' will become possible. This technique would solve so many problems people are having, and is only a small inconvenience for people that legitimately want to switch servers. No more looting airstrips in 10 different servers in 10 minutes would be possible, no more spawning behind people during firefights would be possible, no more spawning in the middle of someone's encampment would be possible. I would love you even more Rocket if you did something like this. Teach those damn server-hoppers to take advantage of your awesome game!

I frequently have to switch servers until I find one which has good performance. Problem not sovled yet, but nice try :)

We already have a system that triggers when you've been logging in and out to much.

The result is death, it also warns you first - but it'll kill you if you keep going.

No other way to really deal with the server hopping.

What if I join a server and it's really laggy? I want to switch.

What if my friend can't get on the one I'm playing on but he can get into one that has free spaces? I want to switch.

What if my primary server was at nighttime and I really wanted to go to a daytime server? I want to switch.

What if my primary server is offline?

I don't think this is a good solution.

Once servers are more reliable (in the final version), then you will just have to pick one if you want to spawn in the same spot, that's how it would work. Everyone says its supposed to be realistic. Everyone screams at people that make suggestions about making things easier for survivors because "in a real zombie apocolypse it WOULD be this brutal, deal with it". Well, having to play during the night is something you would have to do in a realistic game. I think that this is something that people would be willing to deal with if it prevents server hopping. The system that kicks you if you log in too many times won't work, since all it takes is one time to spawn in someone's safe-zone. Servers will get more reliable, so lag shouldn't be a problem too often, or for too long. And if you don't like playing in the night time, then you would just be out of luck, unless you pick a server that is daytime when you play most, or you just deal with a random spawn, simple as that.

Dealing with a random spawn once in a while is a damn fair trade as far as I'm concerned to stop all the server-hopping and disconnecting. It would be a deterrant to people who do it habitually, but tolerable for people who only have to switch servers once in a while. I think it would work without being much of an inconvenience.

the only problem i could see with this is... i want to get to NW airfield... its one hell of a trek so i server hop till I'm randomly placed some were really close! how about when they hop servers giving them the egg timer for 2-3 mins and spawning them in the standing position?

That could work too. And yeah trying server after server until you're relatively close to the Airfield would eventually give you a shorter hike there, but you would still have to enter the Airfield like every other player, as opposed to being able to spawn into a hangar or the Control Tower. So, this would be a good solution regardless I think.

when u spawn u will not be able to see or pick up equipment within a certain radius...

not to sure about this one but maybe players could recieve a warning signal if someone spawns nearby (like teleport woosh)....nothing directional though....though would make spawning a little more dangerous for everyone...would just have to log off somewhere safe (i always like finding a little bush in the woods to crawl under anyway).

What if I join a server and it's really laggy? I want to switch.

What if my friend can't get on the one I'm playing on but he can get into one that has free spaces? I want to switch.

What if my primary server was at nighttime and I really wanted to go to a daytime server? I want to switch.

What if my primary server is offline?

I don't think this is a good solution.

Exactly right sir