Noquisi

Creepiest moment in my life on a game... (Is this the hidden patch that was for the lulz?)

So Two friends and I were driving around at night, NVGs and all, repairing a vehicle; a few clan players here and there but we're hitting factories and repairs are coming on fine~ We get west of Zelenogorsk at the Off-road spawn just to check see if it's there and might have parts or something in the gear. We find nothing but check the spawns; again everything is going smoothly.

We start to pull out as the Off-road Pickup truck did not spawn, and a random person in a ghillie suit comes out of literally no where, running after us; my friend goes, "PLAYER! That's gotta be a hacker, he wasn't just there." so at this point we're shitting ourselves thinking we're going to lose all our progress to some ass. We notice he's completely unarmed. He starts running away and then runs backwards facing our vehicle. We speed away about 700m expecting to be insta killed any second and parked the truck. Run to a barn expecting to take on this guy who we believe may just again, kill us with a script. We're waiting; nothing's happening. We start talking about how fucking creepy it is and I realize, I pressed "P" instantly when I saw this guy and saw us three on this deserted server. My friend said he did the exact same thing; and the veteren player in the group assured us that Admin, Hacker, anyone could not show up in the player list. It had to be AI.

One of my friends logged and my other friend and I decided to find out what that thing was. We made our way back to the car, parked about 400m away from us and he goes, "Oh, I left the lights on..." and I said, "I don't remember them being on when we left?" As NVGs plus light = VERY BRIGHT.

-Seconds later-

We get to the car, and there's the fucking Yeti/ghillie suit wearing guy, sitting in the driver side; My friend goes, "FUCK HE'S THERE." And kills it. Press P again, no players are on...

We check the corpse, find nothing on the body. The Truck and the Lights had been turned on.

~~~~

So question, "What the fuck was that?"

"Is this thing attracted to Vehicles?" As in, will find parked cars from players hording them?

"WHY IS IT SO FUCKING CREEPY? IT MOVED LIKE A PLAYER AND GLARED AT THE STEERING WHEEL..."

My mind is so full of fuck atm. Agreed with my friend. It's the creepiest fucking moment I've ever had in a video game....EVER.

I remember a server join message that said, "Watch for Yeti's, they are going extinct. ;)" Is that what they meant?

(Something I also forgot to mention aside from the post below. We found this server with our Yeti friend after being killed by a hacker who appeared from no where in front of our V3S. So all we or mostly I, could think about was how much suck was going to be had after losing another vehicle to a bloody hacker. Only added to our hysteria in the moment.)

Also, if I may I would like to name the one who sought only to drive our car and into the hearts of millions and that is 25k6jhu.png

I like to think of the fun we may have had with a yeti on our team, but...sometimes that's life.

Some may call him the slinderman, but he was no such thing...He had a heart of gold as our pants were brown.

if only we had seen it sooner. Now he's dead...and in yeti hell.

Edited by Noquisi
  • Like 9

I was the driver of the uaz in this story... I have not seen any zombies in ghillie suits that can drive in all my time on the mod.... can anyone clear some of this up for us?

*applies new pair of pants*

Sounds cool, but I don't think AI are normally spawned, either a glitch, or someone on the server is a hacker...

I've heard of this before, There was a Youtube video out with the same thing. An NPC runs up to the truck, climbs in and just sits there looking straight ahead. They shoot the NPC and it falls out the truck and has no loots. This one wasn't in a ghillie tho, just normal clothing. It would creep me right out tho if I seen it.

• Like 1

This guy was just in a ghillie with no weapons, but the weirdest part was that its AI allowed it to backpedal, something zombies dont do.

Obviously seeing a guy in a ghillie suit backpedal, we immediately assumed it was a player :/

Maybe his nefarious plan was to slowly drain our uaz's batteries by leaving the lights on all night.

What really did it for me was something I didn't mention but as we were speeding off we attempted to run him over when he started to sprint off in front of the Truck because I yelled, "IDK RUN HIM OVER AND GTFO OF HERE?" There was a lot of "What should we do?" or "Get out and take him out?!" It all happened really fast, but he Side-stepped the vehicle and as Acid said, was "Backpedalling" to begin with. Something only the players have done; not zombies.

I guess I left it out because I felt stupid for wanting to run him over as a means to kill what I thought was another player... It's gotta be the worst way to die in Dayz. Most dishonorable way to kill someone who is unarmed, besides a hack of course, imo haha.

Well, if it's the same barn I'm thinking of, it sits right in the shadow of ... That Mountain. Strange things tend to happen in that neck of the woods

Well, if it's the same barn I'm thinking of, it sits right in the shadow of ... That Mountain. Strange things tend to happen in that neck of the woods

Yeah, it's technically next to the SPACE NEEDLE, but the actual occurence was west of-- HERE JUST LOOK AT THIS

34y7l9w.jpg

• Like 11

Didn't I watch a video EXACTLY like this encounter today? An unarmed man in a ghillie suit who can drive vehicles and phase in and out of existence? Although the video I was watching was in Kameka, not Mountain That Must Not Be Named.

He appears to be the Slenderman of Chernarus!

my friend logged into camp one time and found a guy in civilian clothing in the driver's seat of our uaz. he proceeded to take the guy out and found that he had nothing on him... no kill message either.

i was just glad that no one actually found our camp, which has never been raided before :D

strange things happen in this game

It is somethign to do with the debug fields and lag I think, last night I put on a ghilie suit but it did not change me so I tried again, 4 times then I ended up in the debug field with several copies of myself I could ask them questions (commands) - location, time, weather etc, when I went to shoot them they shot back at me like mirrors. Was very freaky!

Slenderman in ghillie suit form. It came from Green Mountain.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Is that why, sometimes when we spawn in, there is someone somewhere on the map, barking orders? Like return to formation...? I always wondered what that was. So maybe the game spawns unarmed civies out there, in case we need to change outfits?

Would be cool if they added things like this in the Standalone. Like yeti's or ghosts that patrol the forest at night. Would be fricking thrilling.

Would be cool if they added things like this in the Standalone. Like yeti's or ghosts that patrol the forest at night. Would be fricking thrilling.

What I hope they do in the standalone is give players to leave the civilization and explore the deep wilderness (poacher camps, for example). Of course, because you aren't in danger of zombies or players, there needs to be another type of danger out there. More psychological/mental danger. Perhaps an "evolved zombie" who is sentient, camoflauged, and fucking terrifying at times? Anybody who has read the book "Cell" knows what I'm talking about.

Edited by Zakatak
  • Like 2

This is actually straight up legit creepy for real my brothers. Got to think it's some creative sever admin.

It was a hacker, ive seen this happen before. There is a way to hack the game so they dont appear on the server player list, they also usually combine this with hiding their ip address so they cant be tracked.

Ive killed a hacker and it just said

was killed

No name, nothing.

well, he was most definitely not a player, there was no death message and I received no bandit/murder/zombie kill count for killing it.

also he did act just like arma's regular AI (pretty stupid). I mean who sits in a uaz with the lights on in the middle of a field.

I got to listen to a couple friends being utterly creeped out by a guy in a ghillie suit with a hatchet just sitting in a building in Cherno yesterday. Every time they went by he was still sat there, heavy breathing.

Then about an hour or so later after shooting him, It became apparent it was the clone of another friend on vent who had desynced and disconnected in Cherno earlier that night, and apparently left a copy of himself creeping out the locals.

I think it might have been the dude in this video. He sends the guy recording it into complete insanity!

• Like 1

I think it might have been the dude in this video. He sends the guy recording it into complete insanity!

omg tht is without doubt the scariest shit ive ever seen in a game before O_o what the actual hell. the guy is like histerically scared by the end

• Like 1