This is ridiculous.

I log out last night in the barracks of the NWAF hoping when I get on to play today I might get lucky and find some NVGs.

Instead, I find myself spawned at Cap Golova, the FARTHEST DISTANCE I could POSSIBLY be from NWAF on the mainland. Not only that, but my 3 cans of food? Gone. My hunger indicator? Blinking. Sigh...

Whatever, I run over to Tulga, kill some zeds, find some hotdogs. Cool.

I run all the way until Guglovo until I find another food source: a goat. Alright, in business, finally! Run past Novy, getting shot at, hauling ass across the field like a bat outta hell turning around and shooting my M4 a few times just to keep the bandit on his toes until I can get into the trees again. once I do, I loop around and hide out for a few mins until I determined he was going to leave me alone. Moving on, I finally get back to the NWAF after 3 hours of hoofing it. So I loot the place, log out in the barracks to go get lunch.

I come back, and I'm spawned in 3 valleys. WTF! Alright, whatever. I make the run again, this time, since I had food, it only took about an hour. soon as I get to the outer wall of the airfield "No Message Received for 10 seconds" DAMNIT. Alright, I'll switch servers and then i'll...

WTF OTMEL, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

So now here I am, at Rog castle thinking that I really don't want to make that run a third time today.

I've got an M4 CCO, M24, PDW with a ton of ammo for each gun. All I wanted was some damn NVGs. Instead, I wasted over 4 hours running back to the place I logged out just so I could log back in and play with my buddy when he gets on tonight.

Although I suppose it wasn't a complete loss. I found a GPS, a second Mountain Dew can, and I sniped a sheep from 1200 meters out with my M24 JUST BECAUSE I COULD.

So, why should I run back to the NWAF for the fourth time in 24 hours instead of just going to cherno or elektro and taking my frustrations out on random people, like that sheep?

I probably will. This may be my transition to banditry.

• Like 2

find some hotdogs.

Probaly a problem at the hive miss saving your co-ords. dealwithit.gif

but hotdogs you say? hit me up with dat.

Had the same thing happen to me, although i lost everything on each log in.

Roll back to 2.4 or avoid until the stand alone.

Nah, I haven't lost anything but my 3 cans of pasta.

It was like it TRIED to reset my stuff but failed.

The problem your having with spawning on the coasts is because your joining servers that are running different versions of the current version of the game and or beta patch. If you got dayzcommander and then clicked all the hide options on the left it will only show servers compatible with your current version. Once I did that I haven't spawned in on the coast again.

Edited by Crayolacrayon

I'm using the same 3-5 servers I always do.

My buddy spawns on the coast a lot, but I've only spawned on the coast once until today's fiasco.

The beta patches are backwards compatible, never had any issues before.

Instead of resorting to banditry, maybe I'll dust off COD and vegitate for a couple hours and get it out of my system instead.

EDIT: Holy crap, I had a spelling nightmare there. Fix't.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

Know that feeling, especially that "fuck it, going bandit now".

Hit me even harder a week or so ago - tents? All gone. Debug forrest + death + all gear gone. Thirsty. Spawning somewhere at the coast near Balota. I was around NWAF too before.

I took a break from DayZ. Jump on again today - after billion tries (thx crappy BattleEye for script restriction #40 shit) I got on my server. All tents back (seriously, I don't know - sometimes ALL tents on the server I play on go missing and as for now they always reappear some restarts/days later).

Edited by Teiwaz

Well, as far as I can tell, tents and vehicles aren't saving correctly atm, so I haven't bothered with them.

I've found a couple in the last few days, hold on to em for a while, then end up dropping them for more important things like morphine.

Going to cherno and elektro and killing a bunch of innocent new spawns isnt the way to go my friend. Dayz is a vicious cycle that creates more and more bandits and hackers day by day. You have to be stronger than that instead of sucumbing to douchebaggery. Dont be apart of the increasing problem in Dayz help fight it, go out and counter snipe in elektro and cherno, go kill some bandits and blood bag some strangers. It will give you a much more satisfying feeling.

• Like 1

Being a bandit is a lot of fun nothing more satisfying then sniping a guy 1000m away haha i kno its mean but whatever its a game

I don't always shoot people but when i do i shoot noobs

Nah, if possible, I would avoid shooting the defenseless, because I hate when it happens to me.

I practice that as is, although I had an "oops" situation last week in prigo.... poor guy. I couldn't get to him in time to save him, D:

Yeah well, I am sick of trying to do the right thing, all I do is get my arse shot off, tried to join the wasteland medics, they want "references" but when everyone so far has been a prick & kills you when you come to assist or you get taken out on the way by some idiot that shoots first before even reading your tag ( MEDIC ) of doesnt care either way & then steals your hard come by stuff, it makes you do a rethink.. And still havent managed to join up with them, at least I would be with like minded and maybe survive my first attendance ... Maybe I should bow down to fate and become a Lemming like them and pray on the innocent that are just trying to survivet.. or keep trying... So far I keep trying.. But I have had evil thoughts.. But only for those that pray on others.. Hopefully Karma gets them or I do.. I have a long memory & wont hesitate to take out a known offender.. You guys know who you are..

• Like 1

Don't give up!

giving up to the banditery machine is like giving up to a dictatoric system.

Just keeping your head down and live like evrybody makes you unimportant, unindividual, unneccessary.

You have to set a sign, to be one of the tough guys, because standing the pressure is real strength.

"To love life is not a shame, to disrespect live is not a sign of strength"

-the incredible

I feel for you, mate. I just posted a similar thread. I got transported from Olsha to Kamenca and it's about the 6th time in the last couple of days. Oh sometimes it's so hard to just grit your teeth and start over but just have to, I guess. :emptycan:

Sometimes it just happens on particular servers that have their own hive but usually it's every server that I'm transported on. I don't think this is to do with hackers, I think it's a wider and more common problem than any hacker or group of hackers could manage.

Edited by Sula

Bandaid - next time I need a medic I will contact you and give a reference. :thumbsup:

Nah I'm not losing my stuff, sula. And if you happen to hop on a private hive, you can go back to normal servers with all your stuff in tact. I've been doing that as a way of having "2 characters" so I have my normal guy I play with my crew, and my solo dude on the private hive I just screw around on.

"I log out last night in the barracks of the NWAF hoping when I get on to play today I might get lucky and find some NVGs."

Typical server hopper

Typical server hopper

Call me what you will, I don't care about your opinion. I know I'm not a server hopper, and that's what matters. You're just trying to start shit.

I got spawn at the coast with all goodies gone twice past two months, not even a backpack left.

but you know what, A new adventure just begun, no hard feelings :)

People have to hop servers sometimes and there is nothing wrong with that. I get kicked from servers sometimes in the first minute and get a battleye message fly passed my eyes. I've no idea why the bloody thing let me in if it didn't want me in the first place.

Also, if you join a server and are transported, you try another server, to see if it's just a different hive. There lots of perfectly good reasons.

What's shitty is people who surround the loot with barb wire and then hop to various servers to pick up the loot in that same place on various servers.

Edited by Sula

well, I typically stay on the same 3-5 servers. If one doesn't work, I try another, etc.

You need to take better precautions if you want to be a medic. griefers are at a full time high so dont be suprised if you die a few times for the cause.