Colonel Shade.

Free stuff (Closing down server 26th of August)

Hey Guys,

My crew and I have descided to pull the plug on the server in 24 hours.

So for the next 24 hours I invite everyone to loot our camps.

(Tired of Script Kiddies joining and we are not allowed to do s**t.)

Our server is "DayZ - DE 474 (v1.7.2.3/Beta 95248) [VETERAN][GMT ] dayzmod.com - Hosted By Anxiety Wasteland | dayzhosting.com"

Please note that server is running version 1.7.2.5 even though it says 1.7.2.3

Now to the fun part.

Camp 1 is located 007 - 068 - got a medium camp with lots of ammo, weapons , food and medical supplies.

Camp 2 is located 134 - 034 - smaller camp - alot of vehicles, weapons and Vehicle parts.

I will restart server every 3rd hour so the tents will be restocked.

Have fun and hope you guys will enjoy your days in DayZ.

[AW] will still be around but on random veteran servers

Edited by ColonelShade
  • Like 4

TBH, it does, a lot of servers i imagine are getting ready to close and these guys are just spreading around as many little crumbs of hope as they can

This happens from time to time. I can totaly understand it, the devs dont give enough "rights" to the server owners. I Would love to have my own server but I´ll never have one because of the retarted restrictions. Nobody cares anyway because there are still tons of "private" servers with passwords and shit for the farming. People still do server flank because there isnt any penality to it and you never really can prove it. Hell you cant even prove anything even with fraps 24/7. High Pop servers still get nuked every few hours.

lol :lol: Do you really think it will be better?

Actually yes most of us do. The standalone will allow Rocket far more access to the cheaters and many more tools to end their stupid hobby of breaking an already broken game engine. Also most of the script kids or as I like to call them "fake hackers" will have no luck at all.

Also most of the script kids or as I like to call them "fake hackers" will have no luck at all.

You don't have a fraction of the knowledge they do and you're going to call them fake? Opinions are opinions, but idiocy is idiocy as well.

You don't have a fraction of the knowledge they do and you're going to call them fake? Opinions are opinions, but idiocy is idiocy as well.

Fraction of the knowledge? Sir I'm a sys admin and I used to do networking support for a large console company (also a comp sci major). While that job itself has nothing to do with hacking, I'm well versed in code and I know exactly how they do what they do. Shit, fifteen minutes on google could teach you how to do it as well. All they're doing is exploiting glitches in the buggy arma 2 engine, nothing more.

EDIT: So maybe a little more clarity as to why I call them fake. All the majority of them are doing is running a pre made script they downloaded from some shady site they found with instructions on how to use it. That's not actually hacking. Hell, the same is true for call of duty "hackers". All they're doing is running a program that either shows them where everyone is via relay packet sniffing or using a program that does the same but auto shoots them as well. That's not actually hacking, it's in fact nothing close to hacking. Did you never wonder why some of these "knowledgeable" hackers are usually thirteen years old? These scripters in most games are more often than not kids that found a toy that someone else made and were told how to use it. If they actually knew how to hack they would wreck far more chaos than they do.

Edited by Brizen
  • Like 3

It's ludicrously easy to "hack" in this game.... If all you're wanting to do is inject weapons/gear to your guy it's the easiest thing to do... I know very little code let alone how to hack and I could gear my guy up in 5 minutes flat, TP to cherno and wreak havoc on players that I can see on my map/GPS. Guess how long it took me to read how to do all that? 4 minutes. So, in less than 10 minutes I go from not knowing a thing about this, to raping the shit out of servers with ease.

Sorry but, 99% of the "hackers" on Day Z are just bored adolescent script kiddies who are pissed that someone else got the best of them... Like the day I snuck up on a sniper outside electro, killed him and then had the whole mountainside nuked in retaliation. The ease at which to do this is the whole reason why the hacking is so ridiculous and makes the game pretty much unplayable.

Disclaimer: No, I don't hack or use these scripts but, I did do research and tried it ONCE to see if it was really that easy and guess what, it was. Never did it again though and immediately let some Z's kill me. *puts on flame suit since people are going to backlash at this anyways and no, I won't tell you how to do it.*

Busted definitely no camp at 007-068 ,I was killed & out of frustration , went there to make good.. nothing there... Ah well , back to grind...

not surprisingly - there is no camp at 134 - 034 either.

confirmed - no camp at 007 068 - I'll have my beans back.

Busted definitely no camp at 007-068 ,I was killed & out of frustration , went there to make good.. nothing there... Ah well , back to grind...

Did you guys join the US or the DE server ?

This happens more often than people realise. Most just take down the server, they don't post here.

Seems a kind gesture. Sorry to see server go, the DE ones are excellent. :thumbsup:

It's ludicrously easy to "hack" in this game.... If all you're wanting to do is inject weapons/gear to your guy it's the easiest thing to do...

Although that is true, the problem lies in the player community: Most DayZ players prefer hacking and griefing to actually playing the game.

When are you guys closing ? What time on August 26th

Server should go down anytime now. payment is stopped. so it is just a matter of hours.

But it is still running somehow