curtis19

Humanity and Groups

1. As it is realism when it comes to player looks is very fake everyone is dressed the same and often look the same, this is a simple thing to allow ppl to recognize ppl, as you would be able to in real life by seeing their face.

2.Not true, often ppl stick together more, as they are better to be safe, animals do it as a means of survival, its one of the most basic survival tactics.

3.Still less as you are helping someone you have a relationship too, and most likely you are doing for your own survival somehow in that situation, however if you go out of your way to help someone you don't know its takes much more humanity. (if your with someone you hate, your with them because its safer, and leaving them would create a less safer environment for you, however helping someone who is of no help to you, is you just being a good person for the simple fact of being a good person.)

1. People looking exactly the same is explained by the limitations of the game as a mod. It's not nearly as bad as placing a neon green sign above someone's head.

2. Either way, it doesn't address the unfair aspect of the humanity advantage.

3. While this is true, it would be yet another unnecessary idea that would dissuade people from cooperating, which is certainly not something this game needs.

1. People looking exactly the same is explained by the limitations of the game as a mod. It's not nearly as bad as placing a neon green sign above someone's head.

2. Either way, it doesn't address the unfair aspect of the humanity advantage.

3. While this is true, it would be yet another unnecessary idea that would dissuade people from cooperating, which is certainly not something this game needs.

1. It would only be fore ppl in the group, and it was just to make it easier to recognize, I'm not saying this should be for everyone, but just a way for group members to see each other. (Don't be too crazy about realistic, zombies, wouldn't be afraid to run on docks, gas would have gone bad, supplies wouldn't reappear, and so on. I get what your saying but somethings have to be compromised to mimic real life a bit, and make it a bit more simplistic, just think about putting a car or helicopter together.)

2.There is no advantage, bandits could join groups 3 or larger, without anyone knowing, allowing them to use the team as long as they chose, than when the time is right he could try adn kill them off, taking their supplies or leave group, than kill them one at a time.

3.How, and Rocket has already said he wants to build in a group function, this just builds humanity into it.

1. It would only be fore ppl in the group, and it was just to make it easier to recognize, I'm not saying this should be for everyone, but just a way for group members to see each other. (Don't be too crazy about realistic, zombies, wouldn't be afraid to run on docks, gas would have gone bad, supplies wouldn't reappear, and so on. I get what your saying but somethings have to be compromised to mimic real life a bit, and make it a bit more simplistic, just think about putting a car or helicopter together.)

2.There is no advantage, bandits could join groups 3 or larger, without anyone knowing, allowing them to use the team as long as they chose, than when the time is right he could try adn kill them off, taking their supplies or leave group, than kill them one at a time.

3.How, and Rocket has already said he wants to build in a group function, this just builds humanity into it.

1. This gives players who operate in groups a distinct mechanical advantage over those who choose to play solo. Allowing you to quite apparently see your allies takes away from the realism of the game unnecessarily. One of the largest components of a firefight is trying to remember who is on your team and who isn't, hence why friiendly fire is in the game.

2. It's still an advantage for those with positive humanity. How could bandits just join without anyone knowing? They have giant turbans on their head.

3. The dissuading portion of the group function you've described is the reduction of humanity gain, which is already pretty minimal.

great idea with the grouping and humanity idea's.

question but. for people who play on a locked server with all their friends and there is no PVP they get humanity real fast in hroups of 20. what benefit should they get? people will always find a way to exploit is my point

1. This gives players who operate in groups a distinct mechanical advantage over those who choose to play solo. Allowing you to quite apparently see your allies takes away from the realism of the game unnecessarily. One of the largest components of a firefight is trying to remember who is on your team and who isn't, hence why friiendly fire is in the game.

2. It's still an advantage for those with positive humanity. How could bandits just join without anyone knowing? They have giant turbans on their head.

3. The dissuading portion of the group function you've described is the reduction of humanity gain, which is already pretty minimal.

1. that makes no sense, in real life everyone doesn't dress the same, you can tell who is who. Dude have you ever been paint balling, i never shot my own team you know why I could regconize them, however in game you can't recognize ppl they all look the same.

2. They took out bandit skins, last I heard, unless they put them back in recently, but if so thats lame.

3. I haven't played in group or had any human interaction i have gone up 1000 in a week.

Edited by curtis19

great idea with the grouping and humanity idea's.

question but. for people who play on a locked server with all their friends and there is no PVP they get humanity real fast in hroups of 20. what benefit should they get? people will always find a way to exploit is my point

Personally, I think no PvP is missing point of game, and exploiting it isn't that big of an exploit the function is more than anything intended to get more strangers to play together.

1. that makes no sense, in real life everyone doesn't dress the same, you can tell who is who. Dude have you ever been paint balling, i never shot my own team you know why I could regconize them, however in game you can't recognize ppl they all look the same.

2. They took out bandit skins, last I heard, unless they put them back in recently, but if so thats lame.

3. I haven't played in group or had any human interaction i have gone up 1000 in a week.

lets forget about realistic here. I mean for 1 zombies. they are not real. and sooooo many things in arma are not realistic. 1 you cant run and shoot or even walk fast and shoot. I dont know how many otehrs here have dealth with real life military weapons but there is so much more that is not realistic

lets forget about realistic here. I mean for 1 zombies. they are not real. and sooooo many things in arma are not realistic. 1 you cant run and shoot or even walk fast and shoot. I dont know how many otehrs here have dealth with real life military weapons but there is so much more that is not realistic

That wasn't for you, it was for Khursed, as he kept sayign what was real and wasn't real...trying to say my idea wasn't realistic, which I was showing made no sense...