Sign in to follow this  
the_erb_bowl@hotmail.com

so what are the devs doing to help admins ban hackers ?

are we getting any sort of logs to see what is going on ?

I understand they wanna keep it as real as possible but they are limiting server operators to preserve game play if we cant do much about hackers or even identify them.

I mean event logs would be nice to see what someone did at least. such as a dude today satchel charged everyones tents in our server and then speed hacked all over the place.

This stuff really needs to be dealt with at the core code level. The hackers themselves would be the first to tell you this. I could (and have tried) adding checks at the mid script level, but this causes performance issues and there is nearly always a way around this.

I've raised this issue and I am confident it will be solved in time. But it's not the kind of thing that can be solved at a mod level, its an engine level required fix.

Are satchel charges not in game? I've killed at least two people that had them in their inventory awhile back, didn't take them as I had no need for them.

maybe they are but the fact they speed hacked up our hills and blew up our stuff then 1 stole our truck and the others speed hacked to who knows where. Just saying its a big issue at the moment.

As server admins and owners we need logs in a good detail to allow us to know what is going on to or something to allow admins to identify the hackers. Anything is better then nothing.

And I understand the devs of the mod cant do anything at the core code level, but they can at least give us something to help out us the players.

I mean anyone here works hard to get there stuff to only have there stuff destroyed and taken...I mean why play if u know thats gonna happen?

Yes, they are. They spawn in military areas.

maybe they are but the fact they speed hacked up our hills and blew up our stuff then 1 stole our truck and the others speed hacked to who knows where. Just saying its a big issue at the moment.

As server admins and owners we need logs in a good detail to allow us to know what is going on to or something to allow admins to identify the hackers. Anything is better then nothing.

And I understand the devs of the mod cant do anything at the core code level' date=' but they can at least give us something to help out us the players.

I mean anyone here works hard to get there stuff to only have there stuff destroyed and taken...I mean why play if u know thats gonna happen?

[/quote']

That is how the game goes, I've had a UAZ full of gear, an extra 107, m4a3 sd cyotye backpack, food, ammo, drink, medical supplies taken after getting killed. They then found my camp and destroyed it as well. So what? That's part of the game. Expect to loose your hard work and all your stuff from time to time, it's no big deal.

Thanks for the answer rocket!

Edit: Of course when your killed by hackers/dupers it's bull, but by other players? Honestly suck that up.

When did I say this was ever by other players?

lol i know by other players I expect this. But I said 3 times about hackers :P (please read)

Still this should be the main concern of the game at the moment to figure out a way to help admins ban hackers to preserve gameplay.

Preserving gameplay should be the main concern.

if thats the best response u can give is suck it up, then you basically no help what so ever :P

Well Rocket just explained that he has to figure a way to do it at the engine level. Which means a game patch rather than a mod patch. Not much else can be said on the subject other than that.

No, wrong. He said he cant do much and hes brought it up for the game devs to hopefully get something done.

That still doesnt help the admins ban hackers, because when that issue is fixed more hacks will come.

sadly to solve hacking the devs need to leave bans into the hands of the admins to manage there own servers.

Have you maybe not thought it was a legit player ?

If he had satchels and blew your tents up Rocket just said they are in game so could be legit?..

If he speed hacked away, maybe with all the lag desync today he was already running when the server caught up you seen him shoot across the map looking like a speed hack?

You need to as stated already "Suck it up"

Unless ofc you have screenshots of him zooming from town to town killing people at different corners of the map in the same few seconds, which im guessing you dont otherwise you would have posted them, which means you have had your response Thread can be deleted or left to die...

-- DeathFX

Server bans are managed by Tonic in consultation with server admins. There is little value in banning someone on a single server when over 400 other servers exist. Hence why we have a central ban file. If you identify a hacker, contact Tonic.

Server bans are managed by Tonic in consultation with server admins. There is little value in banning someone on a single server when over 400 other servers exist. Hence why we have a central ban file. If you identify a hacker' date=' contact Tonic.

[/quote']

I understand that, But I mean is there anything in works to help players or even admins identify players so that we may report hackers ?

Anything at all would be better then nothing. I feel we are at the mercy of hackers and nothing we can do unless we get lucky and kill him to see who he was.