Hutch (DayZ)

Is the mod dead?

There hasn't been a patch or an announcement of a pending patch in a couple of weeks.

I know Gamescon was happening and the team has been busy.

The few announcements lately from Rocket or the other Dayz staff have been related to the standalone game.

It would seen that they are concentrating on that and the mod is on the back burner for now.

I would guess there's alot of work to do in order to get the Standalone out by end of year.

So will there be time to continue fixing or improving the Mod? Or is it pretty much done in favor of the standalone?

• Like 1

There hasn't been a patch or an announcement of a pending patch in a couple of weeks.

I know Gamescon was happening and the team has been busy.

The few announcements lately from Rocket or the other Dayz staff have been related to the standalone game.

It would seen that they are concentrating on that and the mod is on the back burner for now.

I would guess there's alot of work to do in order to get the Standalone out by end of year.

So will there be time to continue fixing or improving the Mod? Or is it pretty much done in favor of the standalone?

.... resisting urge to troll you with angry comments.

With over 100 thousand active players each day you can hardly call this mod dead. Plus the fact that he is still working on bug fixes while working on he standalone.

Instead of asking dumb questions that you can easily find the answers to yourself (with the assistance of a few key words and google) WHy not read some of the stickies exactly above this trash post of yours? Or find the answers yourself.

• Like 1

It is just the beginning of the fucks not being given about the mod.

The standalone is now their bread and butter and we will get the left over crust, maybe.

Such a new and exciting topic

The SEARCH ENGINE indicates that this topic has never been discussed before

Bloody moron

The standalone is now their bread and butter and we will get the left over crust, maybe.

Agreed. The standalone is no doubt the priority now so even if they do continue to fix bugs and add some featured to the mod, I don't expect the same frequency of updates as in the past.

I'd expect updates to the mod to be less and less often as the standalone development ramps up.

Rocket is a man of his word. He said the mod would still be updated along with the development of the standalone. I highly doubt he has forgotten about the Mod especially since it has only been about two weeks since the standalone was announced. I swear half the people on the internet need to be medicated for depression. No idea where you guys get your "info" from. Dark thoughts in your mind telling you the opposite of what you previously read and have been told?

Yeah didn't you all know, because the Dev team don't put a new patch out every week and post every day the mod is dead.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have seen the other threads.

I have read the "Official" statement that they will continue developing the mod.

The thing is, I don't believe it.

Unless the put money into two separate development projects, They have to slow down and eventually stop development of the mod in favor of the standalone.

Edited by Hutch

What I expect is integrity and honoring what you say.

Seems to be a lost human trait.

I guess the goal was to sellout, in the end. Just sucks that we, the consumers, are the ones that suffer.

• Like 1

That's because the dev team don't care about the official community any more. They would rather get ideas for the standalone from reddit than post a single progress report here.

They are failing everyone and themselves through this course of action, and if they continue in this vein the standalone will die before it's born.

I'll quote here what I posted earlier in another thread on this subject:

Rocket posted here a couple of days ago asking for ideas for the standalone that he answered on reddit. :huh:

One of the most disturbing lines of commentary I see these days is the reliance people are putting on social media tools for new product development. SM is a revolutionary “listening” device, but if you rely on it for development ideas, you’ll have a steady flow of incremental improvements based on customer complaints but it’s unlikely you’ll find the next big blockbuster. That’s because consumers typically don’t know what they want until they see it. As the chairman of Sony famously said, they never would have invented the Walkman if they had asked customers what they wanted.

One of the biggest challenges with focus groups is that the most dominant participant tends to drown out the majority. Their opinion overwhelms the true sentiment of the sample because they command most of the air time. Social media is like a focus group on steroids. It’s all about finding a way to get attention. Are the people shouting the loudest on social media really the ones who represent your target market? When you tune in to the social media cacophony, are you hearing the signal or the noise?

If somebody discovers that complaining means they can't get attention, or worse, completely ignored, a trickle of complaints can turn into a tsunami, whether there is a real problem or not.

http://dayzmod.com/f...280#entry757767

By ignoring the community, the dev team will soon become the ones being ignored.

• Like 1

Rocket is a man of his word. ...

How do you know? Do you know him personally?

Yes it is dead reguardless of what fanboys tell you.. You should make it a poll, so people can vote on it.. that is where you will get how the community feels about it.. well at least the commnuity that logs into the forums which are typically fanboys.. so maybe you wont ever get a real number

• Like 2

The thing is, I don't believe it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I guess we all will sleep better tonight.

How do you know? Do you know him personally?

He did in the past.

And who are you to come here and call him a liar?

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

Also, ... Why have this forum attached to the official web site if the devs just use Reddit instead?

Why would you care at all what I think?

His point is action speak louder than words.. Pretty common phrase.. welcome to networking with humans.

DayZ is dying.. Netcraft confirms it!

• Like 1

I guess the goal was to sellout, in the end. Just sucks that we, the consumers, are the ones that suffer.

Sell out?

Rocket made a FREE mod that has over a million unique players.

Let him have some fucking credit for wanting to improve it.

You have never once paid for DayZ. You are not losing anything just because Rocket isn't pumping out a patch this week.

• Like 1

Yes it is dead reguardless of what fanboys tell you.. You should make it a poll, so people can vote on it.. that is where you will get how the community feels about it.. well at least the commnuity that logs into the forums which are typically fanboys.. so maybe you wont ever get a real number

The DayZ General Discussion forum is where the ignorant children, trolls and fanboys come to finger each other in the ass.

Sell out?

Rocket made a FREE mod that has over a million unique players.

Let him have some fucking credit for wanting to improve it.

You have never once paid for DayZ. You are not losing anything just because Rocket isn't pumping out a patch this week.

Actually Rocket was being paid by the government while he was making the mod.. Tax payers paid for his time.. hmm.. feels kind of weird now doesn't it. You know eating your own shit.

Edited by gwbrewer