Sign in to follow this  
akshone

Reinstalling DayZ on an SSD

Last night I ended up uninstalling Arma2 from my HDD so that I could put it on my SSD. Before doing so, I copied all of my mods (ace, acre, cba, etc.) to my desktop along with the @DayZ folder. I installed my retail version Combined Operations to my SSD.I immediately copied my @DayZ folder to my K:\Bohemia Interactive\ (For some reason there wasn't an ArmA 2 folder after Bohemia Interactive anymore?). I ran DayZCommander made sure my file path was K:\Bohemia Interactive for Arma2 and OA Directory, and K:\Bohemia Interactive\@DayZ for my DayZ directory. When I went to launch the game it had an error message pop up I've never seen before "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_PMC'." I click OK and then when the game tries to load in it says I have No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Soldier-crew-PMC.scope and sometimes it says something along the lines of No Entry 'Malevoice01'.

I've had this installed on my HDD before, so I'm trying to get this back to normal. I've looked online for Installation guides and everyone has the Steam Version. The only other thing I can think of is updating my OA to 1.60 and then 1.62, but 1.60 is an hour long download and updating Arma2 to 1.11? I'd rather not download it if I don't have to.

Copying files of an installation usually fails always. I've installed it from scratch just yesterday. Install A2, update, install A2OA, update and then let DayZ Commander install the beta and the DayZ mod. This worked for me.

no steam version = no luck other than complete reinstall.

steam version = right click -> backup

It doesn't really worth to put arma2 on the SSD. Didn't felt much difference.

(Beside, on a server, it helps a lot seen that ARMA2 doesn't know what caching file is...)

Hey there,

I have a steam version but I think the problem you are having is not because the games installation is corrupted. It is merely stating that DayZ requires files from OA which aren't properly loaded in. I've messed with different mods and arma for quite a while now and there are PLENTY of different methods and launchers you can use.

I have found this one to be most reliable and simplistic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

You can setup @Dayz to run in here as an addon,

Just make sure the game is launching as Combined Ops, this is the main reason dayz wont work so if you need more info, googling about that may help.

--

Alternatively, if you know how to get to the Target line of the Operation Arrowhead shortcut, you can add something like "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@Dayz" <--- this is essentially what the Arma 2 Launcher I linked above does in the end.

I saw a huge performance increase from putting Arma on my SSD.

Hey there,

I have a steam version but I think the problem you are having is not because the games installation is corrupted. It is merely stating that DayZ requires files from OA which aren't properly loaded in. I've messed with different mods and arma for quite a while now and there are PLENTY of different methods and launchers you can use.

I have found this one to be most reliable and simplistic: http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=8241

You can setup @Dayz to run in here as an addon,

Just make sure the game is launching as Combined Ops, this is the main reason dayz wont work so if you need more info, googling about that may help.

--

Alternatively, if you know how to get to the Target line of the Operation Arrowhead shortcut, you can add something like "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@Dayz" <--- this is essentially what the Arma 2 Launcher I linked above does in the end.

I saw a huge performance increase from putting Arma on my SSD.

Are you sure there isn't an issue with my Arma OA being under 1.62 and my Arma2 being Under 1.11? Maybe that's why the file is missing?

Doh, I'm not sure how I missed that you weren't up to 1.62. I think you could have copied the whole installation to the SSD, that's what I did. Updating would be best. Hopefully you wont have launching problems afterwards.

Sadly I have to redownload a 704MB 1.60 version lol. I figured I would reinstall everything to start fresh on a new drive lol. Plus I didn't want those huge mods taking up storage on my SSD just yet =D

Now it's saying it can't find my Arma2: Operation Arrowhead installation, but it's in the same damn folder as regular Arma2....

Edit: Just tried to update arma2_update111 it also said it couldn't find my Arma2 Installation, what in the fuck is going on.

Does this have something to do with my directory being just K:\Bohemia Interactive and not K:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 ?

When it was on my D: it was D:\program files\bohemia interactive\ arma 2 and OA was INSIDE of the ArmA 2 folder??

Edited by akshone