SoWeMeetAgain

Admin "scans" player gear, threatens ban/kick

Hello!

I registered in another forum that is for a server I regularly play on.

In there I just got a private message from and admin telling me that my weapon is hacked in (it is not! I got it from a tent and it is in the wiki so it should be absolutely fine).

He also said if I don't drop it he would kick and or ban me.

He told me that they use "some program" to scan player gear. I hope they don't also know where I am and where my tents are... because YES, the admins are also players on that server.

Can they do all that? I remember a statement that you should not be banned for using hacked in weapons if you don't hack them in yourself. (That is even IF the weapon would be hacked in, but as I said it doesn't appear to be, since it is a regular weapon in the game and I got it from a tent)

Also scanning player gear (hopefully only that!) doesn't seem right to me.

greetings

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

No they can't, if they do that take a screenshot of you being kicked and the private message.

Ah there he is! Hi SqTH

Glad we could sort that out... the M4A1 Holo M203 is in the game :)

Now could you please also say wether or not you know where players are/spawn/log out, where vehicles and tents are?

Now could you please also say wether or not you know where players are/spawn/log out, where vehicles and tents are?

Does ANYONE, a single bloody person in the universe believe for one second, that - regardless of what answer is - the admin will say "Yes, i do know that"? Or "Aye, we monitor you all"?

His server would be marked quicker than virginity is lost in high school.

Yes we can , as a lot of other admins say ...we just have to read the log files

sgst0.gif?1?5008

Edited by khalimerot
  • Like 3

I don't remember that I ever hided the fact that admin can see everything.

He told me that they use "some program" to scan player gear. I hope they don't also know where I am and where my tents are... because YES, the admins are also players on that server.

Yes we are players too , but be sure we will never give informations to our others members , or use it to find tent / vehicles or other players to kill.you believe us or not...as you wich.

Choose your server wisely.

From nasty admins ?

Whoooo beware, I can see you position !

-_-

Edited by SqTH

well, at least until now I really liked your server.

Now I am creeped out.

Be Happy , it will be a more immersive game for you now.

well, at least until now I really liked your server.

Now I am creeped out.

next time go to a server with no admins, full of hackers, full of AS50 TWS and no shit here. I make a program that read all the RPT logs to search illegal weapons and send a message when i found something wrong, like a AS50 TWS (ultra over power).

If you dont like, then go to other server, >75% of server admins are not kiddies, i say to you search a mature community with mature admins and play there. Not in a server with no community, opened by some random kid and paid for his daddy.

• Like 11

next time go to a server with no admins, full of hackers, full of AS50 TWS and no shit here. I make a program that read all the RPT logs to search illegal weapons and send a message when i found something wrong, like a AS50 TWS (ultra over power).

If you dont like, then go to other server, >75% of server admins are not kiddies, i say to you search a mature community with mature admins and play there. Not in a server with no community, opened by some random kid and paid for his daddy.

Here, take my beans.

Edited by SqTH

IHGTD.gif?1?2160

From nasty admins ?

Whoooo beware, I can see you position !

-_-

nasty admins?

I don't know about nasty.

But making up their own rules (which I didn't know...) and putting them above the official rules... even stating that they don't give a damn about the official rules if they feel like it... yeah, that creeps me out a little.

I am really glad that you guys have this mature approach to it - don't care where we are, where our tents are etc...

Hope you still think that way after we first met and only I walk away ... with your gear and vehicles :)

No, I am not a bandit, I do not shoot on sight, but ... I want the heli.

I am an admin and if we see people with say for instance an as50 tws or g36c(which is more of a pain in the ass if they spawn it in after they log on with 1.7.2.5 as other admins would know), they will get warned to drop it or be banned.

We dont tolerate the use of such things on our server, doesnt matter how you got it, its not in dayz and doesnt belong.

Rules of our community are before any rules of Dayz

whats that supposed to mean

Rules of our community are before any rules of Dayz

whats that supposed to mean

it means they don't care about what the official rules of DayZ as laid out by say Rocket are, if they disagree.

and to those same as to the following guy:

I am an admin and if we see people with say for instance an as50 tws or g36c(which is more of a pain in the ass if they spawn it in after they log on with 1.7.2.5 as other admins would know), they will get warned to drop it or be banned.

We dont tolerate the use of such things on our server, doesnt matter how you got it, its not in dayz and doesnt belong.

Rob, you are basically saying "fuck your opinion, rocket, I don't care that you say as long if they didn't hack it in themselves they're fine, what I am saying is right. I know better than you, the creator of DayZ, I am better than everyone else and my opinion is the only important one"

• Like 1

there are 3 kinds of people that have hacked weapons 1. The hacker 2. The exploiter (person willing to exploit to get a leg up on legit players) 3. teh noob.

1&2 are undesirable to legit gameplay (which we as admins have the right to demand) and 3 would do as the admin asked and drop the weapon and come back in.

I fully agree with PM asking to remove hacked weapons and if no response then a kick and if they come back with it I give a 24h ban, dont like it find somewhere else to exploit.

it means they don't care about what the official rules of DayZ as laid out by say Rocket are, if they disagree.

Be sure the rules of CanardPC are really more strict than the one of Dayz ,

Dayz admins rules are also clearly abusive , but i will not repeat what I already said in another topic so here is the link :

http://dayzmod.com/f..._80#entry758424

But what we means by that is that the rules of CanardPC prevail on the rules of Dayz on our servers , as the server is running by me for the CanardPC community.

Edited by khalimerot
  • Like 1

Kicking/banning someone for illegitimate gear is perfectly fine. It's pretty damn obvious you aren't supposed to have it if it's not in the actual mod, don't you think.

Rocket's statement of players not receiving a ban for using it is obviously because some players may come across said items without knowing they aren't legit and would be a rather extreme measure of punishment. If you know it isn't legit, you have no excuse and just because you randomly came across it, doesn't justify you using it.

That said, I couldn't really care less if someone walks around with a G36C SD or similar, but once the AS50 TWS comes into play, it should be addressed by a warning/kick/ban because that thing is an abomination and completely out of place in DayZ.

and to those same as to the following guy:

Rob, you are basically saying "fuck your opinion, rocket, I don't care that you say as long if they didn't hack it in themselves they're fine, what I am saying is right. I know better than you, the creator of DayZ, I am better than everyone else and my opinion is the only important one"

No, rocket says you wont get a global ban for having such things. If you want to play on a server I contribute to pay for then dont use weapons or anything not supposed to be in dayz, warning beforehand and only getting a local ban is a bit light I would globally ban people for using this shit.

• Like 1