Sign in to follow this  
Tom Hunter II

Ridicules Lag

I've been playing DayZ for a month or so now... game worked fine until the Play with Six update came out... now all I get is some of the worst lag I've ever seen... I've switched to Arma II and it runs fine... however Dayz just chugs along... I only managed to login to a server once and I couldn't even change my video preferences to attempt a lower setting. Clicking was impossible... (Also I landed on the coast, all gear intact). Is there some way to fix this lag, if not I'm uninstalling this thing.

We talking latency or frames?

Actually, some servers have caused me to have uncontrollable FPS lag, the only solution I found was to to just use another server found via the ingame browser, which can be found after using sixlauncher only to launch the game.

I've tried multiple servers, not the issue. I'm lagging in main menu as well... its more than a frame rate problem I think... if it were you'd think turning the settings down would at very least improve it. Which it did not.

It's also not a hardware issue as nothing has changed since last I played and I was out sniping people with a SVD Camo not problem no lag with medium-high specs on.

@Enforcer, stfu. I didn't ask for your self righteous reply. This is a support forum not a "I'm a raging jerk" forum. If you don't want to help go troll else where. Thank you sir.

• Like 1

same problem here bro :(

i7 920

gtx 460

12 gig ram

what i noticed is that when i play other games (e.g. bf3) my grafics card is really loud due to activity. this is not the case in dayz. no fan noise at all

I have had this, I'm going to post this answer I've found onto the other threads... But you can try too....

Open your "My Documents" (or just Documents on Vista/Win7), and go into the "ArmA 2" folder, you should see the folder "@DayZ".

If there are any other folders beginning with "@", Delete them and start the game over.

I had "@CBA", "@CBA_A2" and "@CBA_OA". I don't know what any of them are, but by removing them I now have over 50 FPS back steady in towns and 60+ in the countryside. This is after two days of terrible below 5 fps game play.