Sign in to follow this  
Glenleft

SVD Camo - Worth it?

Hey all,

So i have been carrying an SVD Camo for a friend for 2 weeks now but turns out he doesn't want it after all.

Is it really worth keeping it? (I have 2 mags for it).

Or is it better to get something like a CZ550 with more ammo?

Currently i use a mk48 (with about 600 spare rounds :D ) and a Glock with 6 mags.

Much Love x

i'd say DMR in my case, easy to find ammo (if you don't dupe that is), compatible with NVG and 8k damage. as50 and m107 are superior distance wise but i also use the m14aim for combat situations, and they share ammo so more space in my inventory for other things.

A good point with the svd is that if you have a ghillie you'll be more difficult to spot (without thermal) with that gun than with the rest.

Hey man, I'll give you an AS50 (or a DMR, if you prefer) with a couple mags for that SVD, lost mine due to the "spawn-at-beach-with-no-gear-whatsoever-but-keeping-debug-stats-and-ghillie" glitch :(

Greets,

G

Edited by gafa

Keep that SVD m8, second best gun only losing out to the m24 by a slight margin (personal opinion and bias) if you don't like 50 cals. Try and find ammo boxes which have 10 mags for it, or trade on the forum (preferably survivor section) to get more mags.

@superchango DMR is crap and inaccurate :)

Go for AS50 for day time huntin' and DMR for night time.... SVD is as stated an awesome gun indeed but its pretty hard to find ammo...wich is not the case for AS50 and DMR.

/Terrorfish

crashed helo ammo box's & camps. by far my fav rifle in game so far..

• Like 1

There is a UAZ that spawns near ALTAR. There is always 10 mags for it, for some reason. Last time I was there, I found 5 M24s as well. I also really love the M24. Fav gun.

You can keep it to trade with someone who really wants one.

Exactly, the SVD Camo seems to be that sniper everyone wants.

But be careful, the people that want this gun are not always that trust worthy.