Necromunger

L115A3 LLR Just been given this. Is it hacked?

Hey guys, today i was supporting my team in cherno so i decided to climb up to that highest building with the silos on either side.

As i was watching my team a guy spawned in behind me and with third person I could see the end of a sniper barrel facing the back of my head.

It was apparently a L115A3 LLR.

I instantly said "Oh hey dude im just looking after my team down there. What are you up too?" and he relaxed and talked to me for a bit.

He asked me not to kill his friend logging in so i dident.

His friend had an AS50 with a thermal sight on it.

I knew they were both hackers because they are both hacked in guns.

I was constantly trying to get an angle on both of them to kill them but one always moved behind me.

After a while the guy with the L115A3 gave me his gun and said "take this its better then your Enfield". I did not want to pick it up because i did not want to be banned but then they started to pressure me.

"well come on man pick it up" So i picked up the weapon and continued to try and get a vantage point on them both.

A few mins later they both logged and i was left with this gun.

Alot of people have been talking about this gun recently SO:

Has a new sniper been added to the loot sheet or was it hacked in?

Edited by Necromunger

Pretty sure it's hacked, as I doubt they'd start adding in anymore snipers than there are already. But don't worry - you can't be banned for using hacked equipment. Only actually hacking it in.

Yes its hacked and someone posted a thread on this like 2 mins ago so before setting up a new one please use the search bar. Also i'd drop that weapon lot of global bans for people using hacked weapons these days even if they didn't spawn it in.

Edited by Furry_PawstarZ

Pretty sure it's hacked, as I doubt they'd start adding in anymore snipers than there are already. But don't worry - you can't be banned for using hacked equipment. Only actually hacking it in.

Do you ever read posts on the forum?? loads of people get banned for picking up hacked weapons even though battle eye says it won't ban. This can most likely be disputed with them though as there rules state otherwise. I've read 3 posts already today of people being banned for picking up hacked weapons of dead hackers.

The ones claiming they got global bans for "Picking up a hacked weapon" are full of shit.

It's one of the many pathetic excuses people try to use to get their ban overturned.

they just smear these bullshit rumours around in the hopes that suckers like you believe

it and they'll somehow get enough people to support them and get the ban overturned.

Once upon a time it was blaming FRAPS for causing Battleye to think people were using hacks.

once an excuse gets warn out and Battleye refuses to overturn the bans they'll just come up

with some other pathetic excuse, because thats what pathetic losers like hackers do.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 1

They said in there posts global bans i'll link one from earlier today if you like.

http://dayzmod.com/f...l__+global +ban

Re-read my post.

It's a bullshit rumour created by the hackers themselves in a futile attempt to get their bans overturned.

I'm sure if you did a search you'd find dozens of the same people claiming "Battleye banned me for hacking when I run FRAPS"

Whats funny about that lame excuse is NONE of these people could produce a single video of them being banned despite the fact that they claim they were using FRAPS at the time of the ban.

Battleye bans you when it catches you running scripts that spawn in weapons, it does not watch for someone picking up that weapon.

Edited by jblackrupert

Not everyone runs round with a video running....

True, but these people who blamed FRAPS for getting them banned claimed they were running FRAPS at the time of the ban.

Like I said.... Not one single person could produce a video showing them being banned while recording.

If you were recording with FRAPS at the time of the ban then you'd have the video proof of that. but they don't.....because IT'S A BULL#$% LIE.

People who get caught hacking like to blame third party software for their ban..

When Skype first came out, hackers tried to blame that...... Same with Firefox........even explorer 8...

Edited by jblackrupert

i agree with blackrupert, hackers with say or do anything to get back into the game and ruin more peoples game, an ex friend of mine was pissed and yelling because he got banned globally, he said he was recording a video and got banned and he said its because of his recording software, i asked him to send me the video so i could check it and he kept dodging the question, eventually he let it slip that he ran a script and i got it out of him, he globally killed 20 people and spawned satchel charges onto elektro to blow the city up and battleeye banned him, so i told him to fuck off and stop lying and its his own damn fault for hacking and getting banned and i removed him, and just a few mins ago i ran into a hacker, so many of them even your own friends could be hackers.

So I should not be afraid of using hacked items? Because I just killed a sniper at the top of the mountain. He's got some stuff i've never seen (like rangefinder). I was scared of taking all this, but i was too greedy and couldn't leave L113A3 LLR :P

If i properly understood bans are for hacking, because it is saved in logs on the server. But not for the using hacked items. Am I right?

You're technically allowed to keep it, but server admins might mistakenly ban you for equipping it. (Even if it's against the rules, they don't seem to care.)

So I should not be afraid of using hacked items? Because I just killed a sniper at the top of the mountain. He's got some stuff i've never seen (like rangefinder). I was scared of taking all this, but i was too greedy and couldn't leave L113A3 LLR :P

If i properly understood bans are for hacking, because it is saved in logs on the server. But not for the using hacked items. Am I right?

Rangefinders are in the game and are not a hacked item. They're basically binoculars with the range from you to the target your looking at written underneath, which is a necessity for consistently accurate sniping.

just destroy it. you won't get banned for using it, but it is a dick move.

Agreed. Ditch it and play with a normal gun. I don't respect people who kill with hacked guns, even if they didn't hack them in. I don't care if "everyone else is doing it," or if you think not using it is "denying myself an advantage that hackers already have." Those arguments have been used and abused by dimwits who turn around with their new AS50 TWS and think that suddenly they're good snipers, because they can make an 800m shot in three tries on some poor guy in a ghillie who's been hidden for an hour in the trees and scrub.

Go get another Enfield. Kill me with that, I'm impressed. Kill me with an L115A3, and I'll just let everyone in town know you're a grade-A douche.

This is not meant to be mean, but it's a point that few people learn, and fewer people make. It's very frustrating to me that my squad and I can put hours of practice into negotiating the cities without exposing ourselves to snipers' sightlines or staying out of cover for too long, yet some script-kiddie or his killer is sitting on Dobryy just waiting for the split second he/she/it needs to spot us.

Play the game as it was meant to be played; we're supposed to be playing it to test Rocket's mechanics, anyway, not playing it to see if we can get away with using an admittedly bullshit weapon without a server admin "abusing their power" and kicking us. And seriously? If an admin kicks you for using a hacked gun, don't bitch on the forums. Accept the fact that they have a zero tolerance law for dumbasses, and then stop being a dumbass.

Hard to observe the rules of fair play at cheaters paradase =) But I'll try.

Anyway i found it on a "usual server" where i play rarely. Mostly i play on a server with a private hive, good admins and low number of cheaters. And i feel happy with that =)

Edited by Coach

I knew they were both hackers because they are both hacked in guns.

(...)

Has a new sniper been added to the loot sheet or was it hacked in?

Are you mentally retarded?

Edited by Hawk24

I had the same question and before posting a new tread, i searched and found this.

Now the big difference here is, i did not get my L115A3 LLR from a corpse, tent or vehicle, but from a loot pile in Cherno. I found it with 6 mags on a normal loot spot inside the southern military tent (not medical tent), to the right.

I wondered whether this was a new addition to the weaponry in DayZ or a weapon were there previously and a player (not saying a hacker, could be anyone) replaced for whatever he/she thought was better and placed the L115A3 on the ground.

I picked it up with the intension of finding out if it was hacked or not. Havent used it a single time. And from what ive learned here, on next occasion i log in, i will find a animal/zombie, place the weapon and mags and hide the body, making sure it gets destroyed.