97ADU Doug

Map wipe 1.7.2.5

Hey guys, some friends and I own a server and we would like to update to the latest version. Only problem is apparently it wipes vehicles and tents. We have a few vehicles and tents to ourselves as im sure many of our players do.

My question is this. If we update, will all vehicles and tents be wiped??

Thxs

Edited by 97ADU Doug

1.7.2.5 doesn't wipe tents and vehicles. It is, however, buggy in that tents and vehicles will no longer save properly.

Your remaining tents will be there, as will the vehicles. However, don't be surprised if your bike turns into a truck.

Edited by MoxMono

LOL admins only thinking about themselves and their hoarded vehicles and duped items again.

Vehicles yes we recently lost a chopper so i don't think the guys that currently have it would appreciate it if we wipe the server, in fact they would probably be like you and jump of the forums to QQ. Duped items, no. We payed for this server, we maintain it. So yes, we would like to know whether or not our map that we have been working on and fortifying will be wiped, we are trying to set up a trade post for other players, we have put quite a bit of effort into it. We are hoping to open it for public use, its all ready, however because we are on 1.7.2.4 no one comes on anymore, so our post is always quiet. If our gear has to be wiped then so be it. But I would at least like to know first. The new update is extremely bugged and we hoped a hot-fix would be released to fix it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I would also appreciate if people like you wouldn't generalise all server admins to be the same and question my intent before you understand it. Our main concern as I have already said are the fortifications we have set up for our post. We have a few vehicles, but they are secondary.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Well the only problems that will happen are tents don't save properly. All your gear and vehicles will still be there. But some servers have the problem where on 2.5 when they restart a server all the vehicles go back to their original spawn location.

LOL admins only thinking about themselves and their hoarded vehicles and duped items again.

WTF?

It's ungrateful shits like you who make it shit to be a server host.

Edited by Zoop

^^

i wouldn't set it to 1725, your vehicles will not save their positions anymore (after a restart).. I would wait for a fix or a new version or you play with vehicles only from restart to restart (which sucks imo).

As already said updating to 1.7.2.5 doesn't cause any wipe or removal of vehicles/tents. It does, however, introduce a Hive update 0.73 I think it is, that has had nothing but problems. BUT this is due to be fixed soon when the Hive is moved to a new home server.

In the meantime, I'd stay with 1.7.2.4 if I were you. Tents and Vehicles aren't reliable on a server running 1.7.2.5 right now.