sellasie_83@hotmail.com

How come hacks cant be stopped, when they even post like this?

"How come hacks cant be stopped"

They can be stopped, but it is very difficult for BE as it was not designed to prevent scripts/hacks.

In short, it should be tons better in the standalone. Like Ped said, it is a constant battle back and forth between services like BattlEye and exploiters (I think in most cases for this game, its a name that fits better) and not just for this game/mod. Basically, just about all games have exploiters/cheaters/hackers. The differences are whether or not you see what they're doing, whether or not it affects just the game for them or for other players too, and how effective the defenses against them are. In this case, there's only so much that can be done, and they're doing that in the best way that they can.

In my experience, the only games that don't have hackers, exploiters, and cheaters are games that aren't even being played.

[doubled post]

Edited by Inception.

Unfortunately the majority of games with age limits these days are obtainable by anyone of any age. The Modern Warfare community began heading downhill around MW2 because either the game stores sold the game to kids without following the age restriction, or parents purchased it for their children. I know some reputable game shops (EB Games, GAME [now liquidated], GameStop and so on) do actually request ID when purchasing a game that requires 18+ age, but following a 16+ agre restriction poses the problem that for people who are 16, there is no available ID with proof of age.

Therefore, children have practically complete access to the majority of games these days, especially in Australia. Add to the fact that most parents don't follow or understand internet and interaction, or how to properly manage their children, and you have an era of children with access to and actively playing video games that when I was that age, only practically played Crash Bandicoot or physical lego.

Most likely, we can assume, that since DayZ announced retail people who don't care about their Arma 2 key, nor care for playing the DayZ mod anymore, that they have begun the widespread hacking/scripting. With BattlEye powerless to even so much as detect the scripts - as DayZ itself is a script, BattleEye can't recognise the difference between a legitimate script or a DayZ script. The hacking programs also have the capability to intercept and smurf the communication of BattlEye from the research I've done into the available programs that are so simplified, children can use them.

Which brings me to my next point, children playing this game see the hackers having an advantage, and they themselves want it. Adding to the number of people scripting or hacking. It is quite frustrating. I managed to avoid hackers for the past month, only to lose my month old character and just that same day completed gear with NVGs to a drop from the sky along with the rest of the server population.

DayZ developers and team cannot take any proactive measures because, well they're probably busy with the stand alone. DayZ mod is being left to die hard fans who realise that it is a mod being utilised to monitor how players interact with updates and so on. Allowing developers to proceed forward with ideas and incoorporating them into stand alone should the community accept the changes. The legitimate code monitoring is so massive that the developer team, admitted freely by Dean Hall, can't even keep up with the amount of information that is being tramitted to hive server for interpretation. Let alone monitoring legitmate or illlegitamate players.

I don't blame DayZ developers or team at all, stand alone will resolve it the issues. In the meantime just remember rule #1 of DayZ mod; dont get attached to your gear.