sellasie_83@hotmail.com

How come hacks cant be stopped, when they even post like this?

I do not know anything about scripts etc. Never tried it on, never done anything alike to any game so i do not know how they work.

But I almost want to stop playing DayZ after watchinga video from youtube.

How come this cant be taken care of? They show everything in here?

Plus an age limitation/strict age control would surely take away many hackers. I mean.. Is this game allowed from 15+? It says so on my Arma2 Anniversary Edition. yet this kiddo in the YT video, is clearly not 15. Im asking myself why he isnt out climbing trees, getting dirty and smelly from ex football (no not rugby, i mean football. .. Playing with your feets+ball=football).

Maybe age limitation control is the way to calm down the hacking? Im not saying every kiddo out there is doing it, but the majority do not know how to respect others. They just havent had that in their life yet, they're too young to even think of it.

So ive been having fun, gathering loot/finding crash sites/gearing up/etc etc in the last days in dayz.

Should i just kill myself with a granade now or should i wait for the hackers to get me?

Yeah, so i might be whining (yes i can have a piece of cheese with that) a bit about this.. But can it be because i like this game and i find it ruined by hackers? No? Not a bit?

To you, who is picking up hacked in guns? For real? Why dont you just download a script and do like the normal hackers if you now want to play with these hacked guns so bad?

Cant you just take a picture where you take a huge dump all over this games cd? And post it here?

Double standard, to blame on hackers when getting killed by them , but pick up a hacked weapon as soon as you find one.

To the staff behind this game: I really love this game and you have done an amazing game. Its so full of adventures and funny moments. I cannot express how i felt playing it for the first time. The colours, the trees, how the sound effect works.. Pretty much everything in this game took my breath away. Have never ever played anything like this game.. So much horror running on the countryside with zombies after you late at night. The screaming they do is going all the way into my bones. Its that good of a game! I know it is in lpha, and yes that can be used to excuse pretty much everything. But i do wonder how you will take care of this problem? They post so much shi7 on youtube so one would think you could atleast be on the same page as them, not one page behind. Or how to say it.

You've all done a great job so far, but there is still some to do.

So fast you seem to have grown, i cant see how not more is done to protect this goldmine.

I really cannot wait to see the standalone game, and i wish "Rocket" every million i hope he makes out of it.

But still, im feeling worried for the future of this game.

Yes i was/am a bit upset while writing this.

No, i might not agree with myself on age limitations after calming down.

Much love to the developers, having a blast in this game!

Much hate to you hackers, dupers and just plain morons. (no, not talking about ppl who PK/PVP when mentioning morons.)

Edited by Legacy

You need to understand more about ARMA and the ARMA 2 engine, it isn't a Day Z issue OP.

This is a niche game made for mil sim fans and it is made to be moded, the hacking is being actioned by BE and BI. The engine is trusting because people that play ARMA 2 generally have no reason at all to cheat.

• Like 5

One way would be to make the standalone Pay-To-Play with a monthly fee. Rocket makes millions, community becomes *somewhat* more mature (OK, debatable), hackers get perma banned.

You need to understand more about ARMA and the ARMA 2 engine, it isn't a Day Z issue OP.

This is a niche game made for mil sim fans and it is made to be moded, the hacking is being actioned by BE and BI. The engine is trusting because people that play ARMA 2 generally have no reason at all to cheat.

Yes, and that is why im wondering why not more have now been done to secure this goldmine? Ive never even heard of Arma 2 before friends started talking about it. Or they mentioned it when talking about Dayz...

Arma 2 might not be/produce the same amout of money as DayZ WILL do. It will make so much more money then Arma 2 ever have. So why not secure it?

What is: OP? BI? BE? Cia? DEA? KLT? BRB? ETC? SMS? I dont even...

It has nothing to do with understanding the "ARMA 2 engine." Look into Battle Eye.

Yes, and that is why im wondering why not more have now been done to secure this goldmine? Ive never even heard of Arma 2 before friends started talking about it. Or they mentioned it when talking about Dayz...

Arma 2 might not be/produce the same amout of money as DayZ WILL do. It will make so much more money then Arma 2 ever have. So why not secure it?

What is: OP? BI? BE? Cia? DEA? KLT? BRB? ETC? SMS? I dont even...

OP, BE is working on it, they have enabled better logs for admins and are handing out HEAPS of global bans now. Hackers aren't being ignored. They are being banned. It is still Alpha, they are getting this out of the way now so hopefully when released standalone it will be peachy.

Also, isn't that clip really old?

It has nothing to do with understanding the "ARMA 2 engine." Look into Battle Eye.

Um, it has everything to do with the engine. ARMA was designed to allow script injection etc because of the games niche market.

BE has nothing to do with allowing the hackers, they have been hired to prevent/ban them.

Edited by zuk

The Arma engine is the flawed thing that is GETTING hacked. Battle Eye is supposed to ban people AFTER the engine has been compromised.

The Arma engine is the flawed thing that is GETTING hacked. Battle Eye is supposed to ban people AFTER the engine has been compromised.

You are right and wrong.

The engine is not flawed, it was made for gamers that do not cheat and was also made for editing. With out the ability to easily edit this game ARMA would not exist, there wouldn't be hundreds of great mil sim and other mods and no one would play ARMA / ARMA 2.

EDIT: Day Z wouldn't even exist if it wasn't so mod friendly.

Edited by zuk

You are right and wrong.

The engine is not flawed, it was made for gamers that do not cheat and was also made for editing. With out the ability to easily edit this game ARMA would not exist, there wouldn't be hundreds of great mil sim and other mods and no one would play ARMA / ARMA 2.

EDIT: Day Z wouldn't even exist if it wasn't so mod friendly.

But it is still the design of the engine that is getting hacked.

Ok so, it's pretty clear you are fairly ignorant. And no, I'm not saying that to be mean nor degrade you at all.

Maybe we should start with something basic. First of all, you don't see Hacks or Hackers in the game. A Hacker is the person who wrote the application being used to bypass BattlEye script detection. The application used is a Bypass and this is the Hack. The Bypass is run to unlock memory on the users machine, memory which the Arma2 game uses. Once the bypass is running a user is able to 'inject' scripts into the memory and have them run without being detected.

Scripts are what the Arma2 engine is built around. The game was designed to allow users to write missions and campaigns within the game using the script language/engine. Users are supposed to be able to spawn vehicles, soldiers and create games using the Arma2 military simulation. Scripts run the game, it's what it's all about.

So most of the problems within the DayZ community stems from users who run a bypass and then run scripts to perform various actions like making them invulnerable, invisible, spawning vehicles/weapons and or killing everyone on a server with a press of a button. Battleye was NOT designed for DayZ but intended to protect abuse of the script engine within Arma2, specifically it was supposed to keep people from altering scripts within a mission/campaign in the Arma2 game. Battleye has literally bent over backwards changing their goals to accommodate the DayZ community. They shouldn't be demonized as much as they are because supporting DayZ isn't what they were supposed to be doing.

There are also other cheats to this game that doesn't involve scripts. One is called a Radar which uses packet sniffing (reads the chunks of data or packets the internet uses) and picks out of these packets key information such as locations of tents, vehicles and even players throughout the map. Another is the Aimbot which often uses direct3d code to cause the user to aim at specific colors found only on other player textures so you literally never miss your shots. Both of these run outside of the Arma2 engine and thus are not detectable at all.

As said, Battleye has bent over backwards to accommodate the DayZ mod. They very recently have begun to run file integrity checks on users' machines in hopes of helping prevent the issue where people run edited files to remove buildings, trees and shrubbery/bushes which allowed players to shoot through walls and such. Personally, I think this is rather invasion and aggressive because at no point did I sign up for having a program scan my files, increasing my bandwidth and internet lag during gameplay. But regardless, it's happening.

Now to answer your question, why can hacks not be stopped? They can and are stopped very very often. The Bypass unlocks memory on the computer of the user using the hack. Battleye constantly moves these memory locations forcing Hackers to constantly write new Bypass hacks. This is a cat and mouse game that will continue on forever. Battleye will plug the hole the hacker will figure out where the new hole is and the eternal struggle will continue unabated. There is no stopping the hackers from doing what they do. All Battleye can do is continue to plug the hole when they see it's being exploited.

The Radar and Aimbot cheats run outside of Arma2 engine and are completely undetectable. Battleye can do nothing about them.

It's very important to know Battleye is working their asses off to better control hacks/scripters from ruining the gameplay experience within Dayz Mod. I think they should be commended.

Anyways, I hope that helps enlighten you a bit more about things.

• Like 6

But it is still the design of the engine that is getting hacked.

Yes I don't dispute that, but what I am trying to get across is it was made to be trusting for a reason. Mil sim players are generally pretty seriously and mostly mature gamers, they really don't have any reason to hack. When you introduce a mod like Day Z to this engine this was bound to happen. This game appeals to all types of people with different levels of maturity and or different reasons for playing.

I don't see the design as a flaw personally. As far as I understand it has been a benefit for a very long time.

zuk, i dont know if the footage was old or not. Didnt look at it like that.. Was mostly raging when seeing it only. So i had tunnelvision for a while and had to write it off.

I do hope this game and its owner makes millions out of this. Its that good game. And if you are right, then hackers shouldnt be a huge problem is near future?

Ok so, it's pretty clear you are fairly ignorant. And no, I'm not saying that to be mean nor degrade you at all.

Maybe we should start with something basic. First of all, you don't see Hacks or Hackers in the game. A Hacker is the person who wrote the application being used to bypass BattlEye script detection. The application used is a Bypass and this is the Hack. The Bypass is run to unlock memory on the users machine, memory which the Arma2 game uses. Once the bypass is running a user is able to 'inject' scripts into the memory and have them run without being detected.

Scripts are what the Arma2 engine is built around. The game was designed to allow users to write missions and campaigns within the game using the script language/engine. Users are supposed to be able to spawn vehicles, soldiers and create games using the Arma2 military simulation. Scripts run the game, it's what it's all about.

So most of the problems within the DayZ community stems from users who run a bypass and then run scripts to perform various actions like making them invulnerable, invisible, spawning vehicles/weapons and or killing everyone on a server with a press of a button. Battleye was NOT designed for DayZ but intended to protect abuse of the script engine within Arma2, specifically it was supposed to keep people from altering scripts within a mission/campaign in the Arma2 game. Battleye has literally bent over backwards changing their goals to accommodate the DayZ community. They shouldn't be demonized as much as they are because supporting DayZ isn't what they were supposed to be doing.

There are also other cheats to this game that doesn't involve scripts. One is called a Radar which uses packet sniffing (reads the chunks of data or packets the internet uses) and picks out of these packets key information such as locations of tents, vehicles and even players throughout the map. Another is the Aimbot which often uses direct3d code to cause the user to aim at specific colors found only on other player textures so you literally never miss your shots. Both of these run outside of the Arma2 engine and thus are not detectable at all.

As said, Battleye has bent over backwards to accommodate the DayZ mod. They very recently have begun to run file integrity checks on users' machines in hopes of helping prevent the issue where people run edited files to remove buildings, trees and shrubbery/bushes which allowed players to shoot through walls and such. Personally, I think this is rather invasion and aggressive because at no point did I sign up for having a program scan my files, increasing my bandwidth and internet lag during gameplay. But regardless, it's happening.

Now to answer your question, why can hacks not be stopped? They can and are stopped very very often. The Bypass unlocks memory on the computer of the user using the hack. Battleye constantly moves these memory locations forcing Hackers to constantly write new Bypass hacks. This is a cat and mouse game that will continue on forever. Battleye will plug the hole the hacker will figure out where the new hole is and the eternal struggle will continue unabated. There is no stopping the hackers from doing what they do. All Battleye can do is continue to plug the hole when they see it's being exploited.

The Radar and Aimbot cheats run outside of Arma2 engine and are completely undetectable. Battleye can do nothing about them.

It's very important to know Battleye is working their asses off to better control hacks/scripters from ruining the gameplay experience within Dayz Mod. I think they should be commended.

Anyways, I hope that helps enlighten you a bit more about things.

So i cannot call them hackers when using scripts? What to call them? According to me its all the same..

yeah might sound very ignorant. I do not know the mechanics. Which i clearly stated. Do i have to understand everything to have a proper answer to my question? I did read all that you wrote, but everything down to last three scentances.. Didnt really tell me anything. Nor did it make me smarter about this. I just dont feel like storing this info in my brain, when im not THAT intersted in knowing. I only wanted the easiest answer possible.

They'll always be some what of an issue in any game depending on the type of person that game/genre attract.

Can't really control what people put on youtube unfortunately.

As much as people talk shit about BE, they are trying and lately I've been noticing HEAPS of bans which is great.

They'll always be some what of an issue in any game depending on the type of person that game/genre attract.

Can't really control what people put on youtube unfortunately.

As much as people talk shit about BE, they are trying and lately I've been noticing HEAPS of bans which is great.

Yes ive seen lots of "global bans msgs" when beeing online. Loving it :)

And of course you are correct. Some games attract more then others, but depending on the growth, i do think its much more needed to stop this from going totally out of hand. Which is already much for a game.

Edited by Nesta

There are also other cheats to this game that doesn't involve scripts. One is called a Radar which uses packet sniffing (reads the chunks of data or packets the internet uses) and picks out of these packets key information such as locations of tents, vehicles and even players throughout the map.

Excellent post. Just one thing, from what I have read, packet sniffing is no longer used by exploits used for displaying coordinates of tents, players, etc. It used to be, but a patch from not not too far back changed the coordinates being sent to being encrypted. Rather, these hacks now scan through the game's process to extract the coordinates. This is something that can't be avoided with the game's multiplayer architecture, although I don't see it as being impossible to fix for the standalone release, luckily.

• Like 2

They can't do anything about it until the standalone game. It's a problem with the Arma engine.

It is NOT a problem with the ARMA engine, in fact it is the reason the ARMA2 engine is so great; extremely flexible in it's modability and scripting etc. WHen you say "problem" you seem to imply the Arma2 engine is flawed.

As others have posted, the problem is the engine trusts the community to be so honest and to have some integrity, which it did for yeears until DayZ came long. Now, all of a sudden we have 990,000 new players and if even 10% of them are idiots (and I think the number is much higher) who have never played a mature, niche game simulator before, there is a problem.

The standalone will be able to deal with most of the issues, because the engine will be locked down and handled. The Arma2 engine can't be, it relies on scripters and mission builders to create new content on a weekly basis.

The fact that Battleye is trying to change it's entire screenign process to handle DayZ, which is a complete anomaly in terms of the dozens and dozens of Arma2 mods that are out there is a good thing. It's not easy given the engine and historically established community. DayZ has only been around for a few months, it takes time to deal with the idiocy, no matter how important new players think they should be.

Edited by Slyder73
  • Like 3