oshi7

Do you consider the mod playable any more?

I encounter hacking by not giving a fuck about hacking ...

Your words are wiser than you probably intended them to be.

game is unplayable... either you go to a 20+ players server and die every 10 minutes by a hacker... or you go to a 10- players server and bore to death, you wont see a single soul and if you find one he or they will DC.

theres no point in looking for a heli because hackers love to crash them so they dont spawn for a week.

• Like 1

I've died so many times from being teleported into a church with everyone else and an invisible hacker, being dropped from the sky, invisible hackers teleporting around and executing everyone, hackers driving invincible SUVs that can drive through any object but still kill players on impact, hackers replacing everyone's inventory...

Yeah, I'm losing motivation to play. It's not really fun anymore. Doesn't matter how empty or full a server is... some prick with a script is always just moments away from showing up to ruin everyone's fun.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should choose a server more carefully then before attempting to make it your home. This is one awesome mod and we can't wait for the stand alone ourselves. Here are some clips from some of our fun !

Yes.

I can log into a server and play for 1 nano second +, therefore it is playable.

I can also play for hours on end without dying to a hacker or some sort of bug.

I'm adaptable.

Rocket is on record saying the mod is falling apart.

So the answer is yes.

But at the same time many of the problems are a direct result of the design choices he made and the refusal to fix stuff and not keeping his fingers off stuff that isn't.

Players complain barbwire is a griefing tool:

Answer: Rocket adds bear traps

Players complain too many people with hacked/duped weapons killing new spawns

Answer: Rocket removes new spawns guns so only the hackers and dupers have them.

Players complain about zombies spawning too close rendering stealth and checking areas pointless

Answer: Rockets adds zombies spawning inside buildings, including inside the same room when you turn your back.

Players complain about the massive amounts of hackers and dupers, many of which are also admins.

Answer: Rocket adds dogs.

The last patch changelog also states that they slowed down the zombies when in fact the zombies now move FASTER and in a straight line.

The Changelog states that the graphical issues have been fixed....... WRONG. They now happen in more places then they did before!.

It's stuff like this that is causing the mod to go to hell.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 4

I dont mind the hackers. For a while they annoyed me. Then it dawned on me. This game is really easy to play and all that is left to PvP. This game isn't a survival MMO or anything, its just another PvP FPS like every other game out there. Getting killed by a hacker is just a way to start again and experience the very small amount of content this game has at present.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should choose a server more carefully then before attempting to make it your home. This is one awesome mod and we can't wait for the stand alone ourselves. Here are some clips from some of our fun !

Oh lookie lookie, yet another one of those videos with a group of players who have all the best weapons, gear and vehicles.

Our little clan still plays, we got a good few hours in last night battling a crew with a helicopter. The script-kiddies are annoying but we just live with it, when it gets too much we take a break. I don't mind waiting for the stand-alone before we get really serious with this game. If i can wait years for Half-Life 3 and still be interested i'm sure I can last a few months waiting for DayZ.

This is from the RPS interview with Marek Spanel yesterday...

Speaking of which – what was the decision behind making Day Z standalone, rather than keeping it as a mod, or turning it into DLC?

"Spanel: It was really difficult to support both Arma 2 and Day Z in their current cross-connected nature. Some of the problems for a standalone game of Day Z is nearly impossible to solve in Arma, especially with some of the cheating issues. And any change you make to Arma 2 requires that you think about changes to Arma 2 itself, and all the other mods that depend on it. Hundreds and hundreds of mods. We want to implement methods of countering cheats that would stop some great Arma II mods from working. The basic issue is that Day Z has reached such a height that there is no other way to support it. This will improve the experience, and to keep the mod growing professionally. It will also allow Dean to see some reward for his great work."

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

I'm pretty sure they were saying that all the streamers and Youtubers who have been constantly streaming and making videos are the people who made the game popular.

The more popular the game became, the more people who started playing it. As the masses started playing of course the scriptkiddies came into the game.

I can't really agree with that. The websites that are providing hacks for DayZ are the same ones that were providing it for ARMA2. From what Ive read on those sites, there were plenty of "skiptkiddies" in ARMA 2 well before DayZ was born.

I can't really agree with that. The websites that are providing hacks for DayZ are the same ones that were providing it for ARMA2. From what Ive read on those sites, there were plenty of "skiptkiddies" in ARMA 2 well before DayZ was born.

No there wasn't There was a very brief episode of hacking Domination servers for a couple months but thats pretty much it.

it was only a handful of servers out of hundreds at the time.

The hackers are frustrating - but avoidable in some aspects (low pop servers etc). But what REALLY pisses me off is. Logging in straight at the debug plains, with broken bones. When you abort and re-log you are back at the coast and you have nothing, but the clothes on your back. Not even a bandage. This happens about once a week. And frankly PISSES RIGHT OFF!

So in its current form, the answer is, No, its not worth investing time collecting shit up just for it to be lost by a bit of bad net code.

But its okay, "its only an alpha".

Edited by foxdie_01

I think it is what it is. The kiddies playing with scripts are annoying yes, but there are more problems than just that. The amount of high end gear on many of the servers is a bit much. I think it is silly the amount of AS50's, NVG's and such that are seen.

My suggestion. Play a different way. Try out some CQB in the streets of Cherno and Electra on high pop servers. Have some fun with it. Ditch the high end weapons and use pistols and shotguns. Hunt snipers with Axes and pistols. I think I would love to watch one of you, Fhrope perhaps, give us a few point-blank shotgun blasts to sniper heads (add in a boom head shot over Direct Chat just before). Don't loot em either, just hide all the bodies, and scavenge the cities. Just have some fun, if you can.

I enjoy all of your squads videos, but I think if you want to not burn out on it, either quit till the standalone (I with many others would not like this), or just change up how you play. I support what ever you choose. I tend to play solo a few hours a week tops, so I avoid most of the bad that can happen.

I´m subscribed very long to sacriel, since his first BF3 videos, and since he plays DayZ with you guys, I´m a subscriber of you, too. I would be a very sad panda, if all of you would stop making DayZ vids.

To be honest, it´s not playable anymore, if you play on public servers. If you want to play serious, which means often and on populated servers, the hackers dupers, script kiddies etc. just ruin it. We own a server and we have one hacker per day. How are you supposed to play like that?

Well our answer is quite simple.

We have now a privat-hive and password protected server. We invited all the players from our offical server. We also use an improved version of Batteleye, which deals much better with the scripters. Everyone can apply, and if you can write a proper application you´re in. We have at the moment 5 teams and a few solo players and we´re testing the server atm to make sure everything works fine. If you want to take a look : HERE

I know it´s quit difficult as a Youtube to play on a privat-hive server, but it is atm to only option to play constant.

So i would suggested you start looking for a good privat server. Of course you are invited to our privat server, but i think an UK privat server would work better for you guys

how do i deal? I dont play at all. Gear is to easy to get and means nothing. Hackers ruin everything sooner or later. If i wanted to play a Death Match game i would play BF3 or any other fps that does it 100 times better. 3 weeks with out day z for me. feels good man.

Unplayable, every death recently is because of a hacker.

Last night me and 3 mates were in cherno minding our own business, literally hadn't killed anyone. We were well geared up, then out of nowhere, all 4 of us died at once, no bullets, nothing, just instadeath for no reason, and it was just us 4.. Those characters took hours to create, and i wouldn't care at all if it was a legitimate death, but someone just using a hack to kill people for no reason? Really, where is the fun in that..

Rocket doesn't care about this any more so why should anyone else, more important, money making opportunities elsewhere.

Edit

Forgot to mention the fact that i come across more AS50s and L85s than Lee Enfields and Winchesters.

Edited by Ryze

Rocket doesn't care about this any more so why should anyone else, more important, money making opportunities elsewhere.

But, the only way to fix it is to create a stand-alone version, which he is doing, so how is that not caring?

If you actually did some research instead of pulling nonsense from your butt you'd know he's doing all that is possible to make sure DayZ has the best future it could could ever have.

Such a strange way to treat a man who has done nothing but create an awesome mod and then gain the success it deserved in order to make the leap from buggy experiment to working game.

So the way to fix it is to release a patch that makes the mod worse and then not bother with it anymore? Is it so hard to leave it in a playable state before abandoning it?

Edited by Ryze

No there wasn't There was a very brief episode of hacking Domination servers for a couple months but thats pretty much it.

it was only a handful of servers out of hundreds at the time.

Go youtube ARMA2 hacks 2010 or 2011 or 2009. Youtube is full of arma 2 hacks that came out well before DayZ and they are the exact same ones. Im actually surprised at how many there are.

Oshi, I'm a huge fan of your videos, same goes for your whole squad and I completely agree.

My team and I try to achieve pretty much the same thing as you guys, we try the whole squad firefight thing but it never works out.

We either have massive graphical glitches (That are fucking ridiculously easy to fix, take the damn props away!!!!!!), alt+f4ers and hackers.

DayZ is an amazing game, never have I been so scared and excited in a game before. But I also feel as though the standalone version is now going to become a bit of a money grabbing tactic, I mean, DayZ has been pretty much abondoned now, no patches or big bug fixes in ages!

I hope they sort this out, they owe it to us, we've made ArmA polular again.

So the way to fix it is to release a patch that makes the mod worse and then not bother with it anymore? Is it so hard to leave it in a playable state before abandoning it?

I don't think the mod has been abandoned, just have a little patience and you'll see.

Yes but only untill I find something better. Some of the bugs are to much for me.

I hope they sort this out, they owe it to us, we've made ArmA polular again.

"Like the fly on a wheel who says 'what a lot of dust we're raising'... Are you under the illusion that you're part of the scheme?" Neil Peart

DEAN HALL made Arma popular again, not us. He GAVE us a mod that blew us away, for FREE. He wrote the mod because it was a game he (and every gamer with an imagination) has been yearning for since the beginning of FPS. He wrote it for himself. He owes us NOTHING. He has every right to make a whole shitload of money from it, and I wish him every success.

Yes the mod is now bugged to hell and riddled with scripters. I've lost my tents, and all the gear i've scavenged over the last few weeks. Now all I have is the gear on my back. Am I giving up because the rules have changed? Tonight I am heading for cherno packing all the firepower for the wicked and benevolence for the good that I have left in my alice pack. Perhaps I'll see you there. Bandits will die by my hand. Survivors will live by my hand. I will likely go out in a blaze of glory and leave my corpse to the zombies before an hour is up, and you know what? I'm gonna have a damn good time dying B)

Then I will start fresh, find an axe, and hunt me some humanity.

The rules have changed, that's all. The game is as playable as it always was. Don't lose heart, adapt - it's still a great game and will only get better in time.

Edited by 6raham
  • Like 3

I've yet to be killed by this sort of hacker and how do u know that u wasn't getting tailed? You can't be 100% sure.

I don't know why people complain when it's in alpha.

For me this game is great, I put up with the bugs and glitches because there's no other game out there like this.

Don't do live streaming, just post 20min vids up everyday and ull get the views for ya channel ;)