Sign in to follow this  
Othra

Healthy Servers

I have been enjoying the hell out of DayZ for about a month or so until the past 2 weeks. After every day, regardless of the server, regardless of the time, or update, whenever any server I am on is left for anywhere from 1-2 hours, everything (all my camps vehicles) all different areas of the map no matter what are completely gone and cleared. Now i'm assuming this is hopefully really bad server bugs because if hackers literally own this much of DayZ, i'd rather just quit. Can anyone post any healthy servers they know of that are playable and may infact save ANY type of server-related item ? If not, i'll just go ahead and wait until they patch it to allow the saving of anything.

Since the last patch there have been a few new bugs. Tents no longer work any tent set up in the last patch stay altogether and can not be saved. Although after a restart even if you take all the items out and flatten the tent the tent will re-appear with all its items back in it a form of duplication. Also vehicles will save properly except for the helicopter which will always spawn back where you found it. As per usual some vehicles inventory are wiped after a server restart but there location should be saved. Also if a server restarts there is a 1 in 3 chance (just experience) that no tent or vehicle will spawn and upon another restart they should come back.

I'm not sure if you can save and keep new vehicles. Our group lost our UAZ, Ural, V35, ATV and even the bicycle after a restart, all of which we'd had for over a week. Helicopter too, though that was a very recent addition before the problems started. Attempts to get new vehicles are wasted as they disappear after a restart as well. Tents were still there, but changes to tents don't seem to save. Very occasionally one will save new inventory, but more often than not they empty out or teleport (one tent I set wound up nearly 1000m away- It was mine though. I could even pack it up). Not sure what the issue is, but I've basically given up on attempts at playing home maker for the time being.

EDIT: We did retain one vehicle- A bus. A bus that we never fixed in the first place. A bus we never drove to our base. A bus that occasionally seems to just randomly show up where we are. It's really strange and creepy.

Edited by pariahdr

We did retain one vehicle- A bus. A bus that we never fixed in the first place. A bus we never drove to our base. A bus that occasionally seems to just randomly show up where we are. It's really strange and creepy.

I'll try not to get anywhere near you. Thanks for the warning!