stinkyghost

How can I get the Steam Overlay on the retail versions of Arma2:OA Beta

So whenever I add the beta with the code and it's all correct

(Copied from the shortcut I have on my desktop("C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash))

It says '.profilePathDefault.'. I would really like the Overlay as it helps ALOT as I can use the Steam Google, get a map and I can talk to my Steam Friends that don't have TeamSpeak Or skype and ask where/what server they are on.

Any help is Appreciated :D

~Stinky~

i did add the beta ArmaIIAO icon to the non steamgames and launched it from there and it works.

edit: looked again and i have the same problem :) also couldnt create directx something.

so i need help too?!! ^^

Open your steam, go to library. On the bottom left select add game, add non-steam game and add OA..once thats done you can launch OA through steam and thus get the overlay.

Open your steam' date=' go to library. On the bottom left select add game, add non-steam game and add OA..once thats done you can launch OA through steam and thus get the overlay.

[/quote']

when I do that it says this "'.profilePathDefault.'." then when It loads it's all Blocky and you litterally can't see ANYTHING.

1.) Add the Arma2oa.exe to Steam Library.

2.) Right click -> properties.

3.) Add -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion to the Target.

4.) Make sure the Start In is directing to your ARMA 2/Operation Arrowhead folder and not the beta folder. For me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA II - PC. For you I would assume it's \Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.*

5.) Rename it to whatever you want and then click close.

* You might have to copy your addons folder from ARMA2 and paste it in the Operation Arrowhead addon's folder if you get missing errors such as .cfgWeapons or whatever.

1.) Add the Arma2oa.exe to Steam Library.

2.) Right click -> properties.

3.) Add -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion to the Target.

4.) Make sure the Start In is directing to your ARMA 2/Operation Arrowhead folder and not the beta folder. For me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA II - PC.

5.) Rename it to whatever you want and then click close.

Possible for the whole Target link?

I believe you were originally doing it correctly, it's just that your Start In was probably linking to the beta when it should have been the main game. So try copy/pasting these:

Target,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash

Start In,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead"

Mine works fine, unless I have the Teamspeak overlay running. I had to add a 30 second delay to that starting up to fix the issue.

I've found a much easier way around this, use six updater. Add the Six Updater shortcut to steam and launch the OA beta w/ DayZ through that and there you have it, DayZ, running the OA beta with the steam overlay, simple.

Hope this helps, it has worked flawlessly for me so far after trying many needlessly complicated alternatives.

I believe you were originally doing it correctly' date=' it's just that your Start In was probably linking to the beta when it should have been the main game. So try copy/pasting these:

Target,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash

Start In,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead"

[/quote']

Thanks man, It works :D Now I Can use my Steam Overlay <33

Been trying this every which way and keep getting:

Error creating direct 3D 9 graphical engine?

Game then crashes...oh it's the retail version by the way and running on Vista :blush: