RoyBatty (DayZ)

Tip for looting Heli crashes

Hey all. New to the forums been playing for a few months. I have no complaints, been through all the growing pains, like everyone else.

Trick that I use when looting Heli crashes is to use your binoculars at long range. Find a good vantage point first. A good view angle is from the nose of the bird ( zero angle nose to tail.)You will see all the scattered loot without the grass interfering. Definitely not worth approaching a crash you cannot see the gain. I will scope out a crash for a bit if its a high pop server.

Anyway, thought I would share a tip I have learned. Probably nothing new, but couldnt find it mentioned when I searched.

Stay alive, shoot first, ask questions later.

Edited by RoyBatty

I like using smoke grenades to lure away the zeds. It's quiet, quick and doesn't use your ammo.

Every time I find a site, it has one sniper with zero ammo. It's been 3-4 times in a row now, and that is all the crash sites I've found...

I definitely need to find more!

Good tip(s) though, thanks for the help on teh forums. =]

Both are good tips.

Helo crashes are easy because they are out in the open, sometimes you have to work around the tree lines to see both sides and check the loot.

I guess my tip to add would be to scout them before you even go near them and beware you have like a 50/50 chance of either it already being hit, an ambush set up, or you running into another crew in the area.

I love helo crashes since they are random.

Tip that I gleamed from a stream is to go prone under the tail and look towards the front, let's you see under the heli, sometimes there is hard to reach loot under there. Found an AS50 before that way :)

Tips are always good dude. Crashed choppers are my main source of weapons, I agree with Fraggle, A smoke is always good, unless you have some excess AK ammo :) The last thing I want to do is run the gauntlet in the big towns/cities.

Edited by Cronic

One word, motorcycle.

I can buzz right up, and check for loot, before Zombie spawn.

As soon as things get weird, on my bike again.

I know this isn't 100% practical as motorcycles aren't easy to find, but I think it's worth trying if you have one.

Very important tip based on a (sadly) recent experience (some hours ago)

Don't run against the chopper, and if it moves, run like hell.

Why? Because my fucking 68 days old character died in a fucking explosion. Walked against a chopper wreck which was on a slope. This shit moved a bit and before I could even react it exploded and threw my character 100 m away. I don't know how the fuck it is even possible, the fact is, it insta owned me.

As a proof, here's how much fucking blood I lost ...

9da7cb9bf65ecf50887a8627a8f49.png

(What the fuck)

And now that I think about it - Imagine if we were 4 or 5, that would have killed the whole group on the instant. So do not fuck with Arma's physics.

Very important tip based on a (sadly) recent experience (some hours ago)

Don't run against the chopper, and if it moves, run like hell.

Why? Because my fucking 68 days old character died in a fucking explosion. Walked against a chopper wreck which was on a slope. This shit moved a bit and before I could even react it exploded and threw my character 100 m away. I don't know how the fuck it is even possible, the fact is, it insta owned me.

As a proof, here's how much fucking blood I lost ...

9da7cb9bf65ecf50887a8627a8f49.png

(What the fuck)

I believe it, another reason why it's best to just send 1 guy with an empty pack in.