Sign in to follow this  
ThuggleS

Dropping gun on ground/grass = item disappear?

So when I want to kill/gut an animal but I am carrying a 2-handled gun (like a rifle), and don't want to shoot the animal, I drop my gun so I can wield my hatchet, kill the animal, put the hatchet back on my toolbelt, and then pick my gun back up.

But, one big problem - every time I try this out in a field or in the forest, my gun disappears.

This happening to other people? Any way to prevent it?

So when I want to kill/gut an animal but I am carrying a 2-handled gun (like a rifle), and don't want to shoot the animal, I drop my gun so I can wield my hatchet, kill the animal, put the hatchet back on my toolbelt, and then pick my gun back up.

But, one big problem - every time I try this out in a field or in the forest, my gun disappears.

This happening to other people? Any way to prevent it?

http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/Known_Bugs

If you want the short version: Yes, No.

Edited by sp86

Yeah its pretty common. I throw down a tin can I keep in inventory and then target it like a loot pile. If the tin can disappears I move on.

Edited by HanoverFist

Yes. Sometimes happens.

I always try to dropping it with the ammo and that creates a visible loot pile.

Yeah its pretty common. I throw down a tin can I keep in inventory and then target it like a loot pile. If the tin can disappears I move on.

nice tip

if you are carrying ammo for the gun drop the ammo first.. i know when putting a weapon in a tent ive had it dissapear along with the ammo unless i put the ammo clips in first and then the gun..

if you are carrying ammo for the gun drop the ammo first.. i know when putting a weapon in a tent ive had it dissapear along with the ammo unless i put the ammo clips in first and then the gun..

The ammo might still disappear but the point is, as was stated previously, you're starting a pile with one item.

Found a M4 CCO SD in the NWAF barracks once, picked it up and to check it out, then tried to drop it again to empty my backpack to put it in there (already had a normal CCO equipped, plus I had only 1 mag of SD STANAG as opposed to about 10 normal STANAG) and *poof* into the floor.

Found a M4 CCO SD in the NWAF barracks once, picked it up and to check it out, then tried to drop it again to empty my backpack to put it in there (already had a normal CCO equipped, plus I had only 1 mag of SD STANAG as opposed to about 10 normal STANAG) and *poof* into the floor.

I had a similar experience with a coyote full of med supplies when I picked up an empty rocket launcher.