Bushman (DayZ)

Dev or Rocket, can you confirm

If a dev or rocket can answer this post please,i would like to know if server admins are allowed kick or ban for possessing a weapon that is not ingame?not scripting in,just possessing,that come from dead players etc.are admins allowed?

Why /Wouldn't/ admins be able to do that? The server owner gave them admin to control the server and obviously they don't want weapons that are not in DayZ on their server. It's their server, hell they could even ban you for that because they are paying for the server not you.

no you cant kick somebody for it because you don't know the source and you don't know if they are noobs.

There are far too many duplicated and hacked in weapons at the current time to make that a feasible solution. Players can't really be expected to know what weapons are hacked in and so I think banning someone for it is not the right thing to do at the moment; same with duping. We all know it happens heaps of times and even if you don't intend to, you'll generally end up duplicating stuff because of issues with the current version(s).

It'll get fixed, but until then, we'll have to live with those issues -- there are bigger fish to fry, anyway.

• Like 1

I agree Jens with regards stuff that is in the game originally, you have no way of knowing if its loot or player spawned but if someone is walking round with a weapon that is not in the game and thus not available to everyone else then they are cheating if they persist to use it beyond being asked to remove it.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker
  • Like 1

There are far too many duplicated and hacked in weapons at the current time to make that a feasible solution. Players can't really be expected to know what weapons are hacked in and so I think banning someone for it is not the right thing to do at the moment; same with duping. We all know it happens heaps of times and even if you don't intend to, you'll generally end up duplicating stuff because of issues with the current version(s).

It'll get fixed, but until then, we'll have to live with those issues -- there are bigger fish to fry, anyway.

Can you elaborate on the top 5 fish frying right now? and where possible, time lines?

Edited by gwbrewer

I wont ban you on my server. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will kick you....repeatedly if needed for you to get the idea.

so your telling me you would kick someone that has a duped item? or kick someone that has a weapon that isn't allowed in the game? Because if it's duped everyone would get kicked it's a BUG!! if I get kicked because I have Duped item found on a dead player over and over again I would be pissed off.

I wont ban you on my server. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will kick you....repeatedly if needed for you to get the idea.

why kick and ban, when you can just kill them and hide the body, half of the poeple dont even know how to use the thermal AS50 you can stand infront of them and they wont see you.

Why /Wouldn't/ admins be able to do that? The server owner gave them admin to control the server and obviously they don't want weapons that are not in DayZ on their server. It's their server, hell they could even ban you for that because they are paying for the server not you.

Actually no. Just because you're an admin of a server, you're not allowed to kick or ban players from your server.

Rules of DayZ. If you kick/ban people, your server might end up blacklisted and unable to connect to the DayZ Hive.

The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

Edited by Delta Smoke 01
  • Like 2

Be that as it may.

I'll still ban anyone I find with a hacked in weapon from my server. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it...the regulars on my server don't mind. And don't give me the BS that most people don't know what weapons are legal or not...ignorance is no excuse for the law. Everyone who play's this game has access to the internet.

The official rules stand as this. You may not kick or ban a player for possessing a hacked in item. The same goes for duped items. Its understandable that people may be upset that this person may or may not be hacker, but unless you have the logs stating that they spawned it in, no one should be banned.

EDIT. If you should come across/kill a hacker or his corpse. here is what you should do. Take any legit items from his corpse as your reward. If he has hacked guns or soldier uniform and such, hide the body and rid the server of his presence.

Then your rules that you have posted here are incorrect. Specifically rule 11 which clearly states

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar,
UNLESS
you have solid evidence, IE logs.

"Unless" is the key word. If you have log proof of someone using an illegal weapon you are ok to remove said player.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

On our server, we don't kick/ban for players possessing hacked-in items (not talking about dupes). However, we let them know that we're watching them, and that players in possession of such non-DayZ weapons only invite suspicion upon themselves. We do advise players to leave hacked-in items alone, hide the corpse. Usually letting the players know that we disapprove of the items is enough to send them to another server.

Now if we could only get a fix for vehicles and tents saving properly...

And this is where the water gets muddy, the people who don't do what you advise but instead pick up and use the AS50 TWS. Does that not, after being asked to remove it and refusing to do so constitute exploiting and thus fall under the rule 11 as previously stated. Assuming you have RPT log access to back that up. Please confirm.

And this is where the water gets muddy, the people who don't do what you advise but instead pick up and use the AS50 TWS. Does that not, after being asked to remove it and refusing to do so constitute exploiting and thus fall under the rule 11 as previously stated. Assuming you have RPT log access to back that up. Please confirm.

A player picking up the weapon and using still doesnt generate a log saying they scripted it in ,so whats the question?if they didnt script it in,so what log are you talking about that backs what up?

They are in possession of an illegal weapon for the game. The .rpt file shows this. By using the weapon they are IMHO exploiting. Therefore they get kicked.

• Like 2

I would hope that you would let said person know why they are being kicked... I have never played ArmA, and have only been playing DayZ for a few days. I do not know what is ingame and what isn't, so I don't know if this weapon I just looted of this dead guy is hacked or not.

They are in possession of an illegal weapon for the game. The .rpt file shows this. By using the weapon they are IMHO exploiting. Therefore they get kicked.

Being in possession is not illegal,you have no legit arguement.

Edited by Bushman

Be that as it may.

I'll still ban anyone I find with a hacked in weapon from my server. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it...the regulars on my server don't mind. And don't give me the BS that most people don't know what weapons are legal or not...ignorance is no excuse for the law. Everyone who play's this game has access to the internet.

So what you're saying is... You're an ass who doesn't give a shit about new players. Got it, I will avoid your server.

"Unless" is the key word. If you have log proof of someone using an illegal weapon you are ok to remove said player.

You can't log someone USING an illegal weapon, you can only log someone creating an illegal weapon. Therefore you can not give SOLID PROOF (as stated in the rule) that a person in position of an illegal weapon hacked, and therefore you cannot ban them.

Being in possession is not illegal,you have no legit arguement.

Apparently you have an issue with reading comprehension. If a person is on my server using a 50 cal thermal. They are exploiting. Regardless of how they came into possession of the weapon they know it is not legitimate. Therefore they get kicked......period. They then have the option to go play on any one of the 2000+ plus other servers out there. If this upsets you or anyone else too bad. I pay good money to run a server that players can come to and have a leveling playing field.

Remember it is admins like myself that prevent the likes of you getting sniped at 800 meters by a thermal 50.

• Like 1