Sign in to follow this  
Khandelios

People Leaving DayZ

I didnt leave DayZ because of the hackers, never really had a problem with them. Lucky i guess. But why im currently not playing is, Bandits that shots me on sight (happens alot), and when i die, its doing all the same stuff again (finding weapons and food etc etc). It just gets booring and frustrating getting killed all the time by bandits and hackers (iv been killed quite of few times by them, one time after a week of survival (RAGE!!) )

I can see why people would want to walk away at this point. This mod is following absolutely no development structure, it's simply a case of Rocket throwing in random stuff to see what happens. There are currently a myriad of issues that could cause you to lose all your items, vehicles, tents etc. Worst case scenario? Simply logging on to a server could kill you and respawn you outside the map. Over the last few days myself and some friends have invested 2-3 hours per evening trying to aquire tents, items and just ONE vehicle to set up a base camp on a server we want to call home. Thanks to the issues created with 1.7.2.5 all that effort was lost when the server admin decided to make an unanounced server restart.

The mod is currently so buggy that almost ANY player action can result in death. Open a door? death. Climb a ladder? death. Vault a fence? Death. Walk onto a rock? Death. Log into a server? Death. These are key issues that need to be addressed. Honestly, who gives a flying fuck about adding in dogs when there are all these issues at hand? It's probably just going to be another game mechanic that kills me or at least breaks my legs anyway.

I'm hoping with Rocket being employed by Bohemia Interactive, the standalone will follow a more professional development structure. I'd personally be quite happy if all work on this mod stopped today, if it would be beneficial to the development of the standalone.

Close to 14 days now playing DayZ, never saw/realised a hack(er) so far but I`m also not running around in high poulated areas.

Also before you leave tell me please which server and what spot I can find your stuffz, if something is left ofc.

>That profile picture..... :o :o :o

I can see why people would want to walk away at this point. This mod is following absolutely no development structure, it's simply a case of Rocket throwing in random stuff to see what happens.

That. That line right there. Let me quote that again.

it's simply a case of Rocket throwing in random stuff to see what happens.

That is what differentiates an Alpha test from a Beta test. Most Alpha tests are not the game in a playable state. They're there to test shit. Most Alphas, server wipes are commonplace. I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more here.

Debugging is not a priority during an Alpha unless it is truly a show stopper. Yes, artifacts are annoying. Doesn't prevent the game from running in most scenarios, or the temporary fixes provide a workaround for most people. The storage issue doesn't prevent the game from running, it just prevents people from hoarding up a bunch of gear. An issue for playability? Sure. Doesn't prevent the game from running.

The geometry breaking bones? Happens often to some people, I can't remember the last time I hurt myself on a door/something on the ground. Doesn't prevent the game from running.Would it be nice if the above issues were fixed? Fuck, yes! Does Rocket owe us anything as testers? Fuck, no!

People saw a bunch of videos on Youtube and came in, clicked on 'download Alpha' and expected a playable game. That is not a guarantee in an Alpha, ever. I'm sorry you guys weren't aware of that. I love how people say, 'Alpha is not an excuse.' That is flat out wrong. An Alpha test makes no guarantee of playability. Your ill informed expectations are irrelevant.

Re: Hackers

I've been playing more frequently on non-hive servers. You still get the occasional hacker, but even if they aren't banned on the dot, there is usually a quick server reset to before they arrived. A pain, yes, but not nearly as much as it is on hive servers.

I got teleported once. Nobody shot each other. They just left or called the skiddie a wanker then left.

• Like 1