Sign in to follow this  
Jackftw

''Don't shoot! Friendly! Please!''

When someone says they are friendly they're 70% of the time not

When someone says they are friendly while in elektro or cherno they're 120% of the time not

Hm... I leik dis maths :P

I've had something similar happen to me. I was in the firehouse in Electro, and a guy knew I was down there and yelled out over his mic, "Friendly! Help me! Please! I need a bandage!" So of course, my first thought is to help him. I make my way up in the firehouse and BAM!!! Shot in my fucking face. I think it's safe to say that I will NOT trust anyone anymore. Lol.

Edited by MvpChick23
  • Like 2

well, last time in cherno i was looting some house, went out around some corner/fence and heard a voice: say friendly or I'll shoot you.

didn't see anyone.

me, no mic, went prone and was beginning to type "fri" but then i was already dead, dude jumped around and fired.

at least he asked and i don't know how he would have reacted if i said friendly - but i prefer playing with a surround system instead a headset for hours.

on the other side, if he would have said nothing i had not noticed him being there at all^^

I've had something similar happen to me. I was in the firehouse in Electro, and a guy knew I was down there and yelled out over his mic, "Friendly! Help me! Please! I need a bandage!" So of course, my first thought is to help him. I make my way up in the firehouse and BAM!!! Shot in my fucking face. I think it's safe to say that I will NOT trust anyone anymore. Lol.

Sounds like something that'd happen to me. I'm always too quick to trust sometimes. I usually try to help people rather than be selfish. It might not work out so well, but when it does, it feels good.

• Like 1

Lesson #1: Stay in Power.

I've been in various scenario's in which I'll help people out but I never let them have an advantage, that's why the friendly shot you, you let him have the drop on you. Please you trusting people, we need to keep you but don't trust everyone instantly and don't give them the upper hand.

• Like 1

I tried being friendly with some folks. Didn't turn out so well. I had a hatchet, they had revolvers. I was like "I only have a hatchet, I mean no harm qq" but they go ahead and shoot. People can be assholes like that.

well, last time in cherno i was looting some house, went out around some corner/fence and heard a voice: say friendly or I'll shoot you.

didn't see anyone.

me, no mic, went prone and was beginning to type "fri" but then i was already dead, dude jumped around and fired.

at least he asked and i don't know how he would have reacted if i said friendly - but i prefer playing with a surround system instead a headset for hours.

on the other side, if he would have said nothing i had not noticed him being there at all^^

You must be a slow typer.

My first life in DayZ:

Was running through Electro being chased by half the town's zombies (I really sucked at this point) and had only a hatchet. Some random guy who also has a hatchet sees me and calls me into a building where he'll "help me take care of the zombies".

Next thing I know I had a hatchet buried in my backside as the guy yelled "Sorry! Sorry!" over his mic and continued chopping my body to pieces.

Never forgive, never forget.

THE AXE IS MAKING ME DO IT!

People will do anything to survive and get the upper hand. Treat this game like a death match. The way Rocket has developed this game to makes it difficult to communicate so kill first ask questions later.

Edited by HardPython

Lesson #1: Stay in Power.

I've been in various scenario's in which I'll help people out but I never let them have an advantage, that's why the friendly shot you, you let him have the drop on you. Please you trusting people, we need to keep you but don't trust everyone instantly and don't give them the upper hand.

this.

common friendly -> bandit transition:

1) be utterly careless and naive.

2) get backstabbed by 1 guy.

3) decide to immediately kill everybody all the time from now on.

seriously? just try to help others without getting killed. Yes, it's much harder than simply becoming a bandit as well. Then again, people love to complain that there is not enough to do and PvP is the only challenge, when the truth is that trying NOT to PvP is much more of a challenge...

Edited by SamSpam