Bash Arkin

Dayz: The Most Dangerous Game (With Zombie Props)

As of late i've noticed quite alot of hate for bandits, i'm sure most of it is from new players that figured this for a "co-op" game, but frankly its not. So this question is for the players that have been around for awhile that complain/hate the bandits. I'm talking about legit bandits, the kind that -don't- snipe from miles away, but will approach you and give you a chance to fight back. So, the question is. Why so much hate? I'd find this game alot less fun if there wasn't Player Vs Player Combat my self.

I love bandits in the game. The thrill of being shot at by somebody you can't see is so fun! Without pvp this game would be boring as hell. Some people may disagree but if you want a sandbox co-op zombie survival game then you should play dead island...

Bandits make this game what it is :D

• Like 4

The PvP element is needed, bandits make up this game, last night me and a few mates decided to get kitted up and head to cherno, swap to a pop server and have a laugh, upon spawning in, 2 men go down instantly, i was lucky enough to have crept behind cover before logging, i spent 20 minutes on a damn rooftop, counter-sniping, dodging bullets like im Neo and generally having the best fun ever, heart pumping and the adrenaline flowing, after dropping 5 targets i finally get taken down myself, (one way up or down so i was screwed either way)

No rage, No ALT+F4 just a good old fashioned shootout to pass some time and make use of the equipment i had gathered over the past few days, annoyingly though i had made it back within like 5 minutes of my death to see someone loot my body then ALT+F4 as soon as he seen me and my enfieild... oh well, back to looting my way back North again!!

Also simple way to avoid Alt-f4ing, add a timer, 15 seconds would do. and it applys even if you force disconnect, your body stays there for the whole 15 seconds.

Edited by Shy Guy Sterlok
  • Like 1

I hate the bandits with sniper rifles, bandits with assault rifles are relatively easy to counter.

In that respect, I have no respect for them. As I've said numerous times, they sit 1000+ yards away, behind the relative safety of a scope, as soon as you get up close and personal to them, they shit themselves.

Those snipers really aren't bandits. They're just assholes who have sucked all of the fun out of DayZ for themselves and others. Bandits with assault rifles are much more enjoyable, especially if they don't combat log.

• Like 1

It's the fact that almost all bandits you come across be it the asshole sitting 1000+ metres away or the guy up close n personal with a shotgun...as soon as they start to get hit or bullets fly there way.... OH NOEZ! GOTTA SAVEZ MA STUFF! QUICK ALT+F4!

And that's the sole reason I hate bandits.... :)

I love bandits in the game. The thrill of being shot at by somebody you can't see is so fun! Without pvp this game would be boring as hell. Some people may disagree but if you want a sandbox co-op zombie survival game then you should play dead island...

Bandits make this game what it is :D

Yeah I totally agree with you!

If there wouldn't be bandits or pvp I wouldn't even touch it! It gives you the thrill to continue playing even if you get shot down and lose all your equipement! If you keep all your gear for hours it's going to be the same over and over again. And if you die and start from 0 again it makes even more fun to look for weapons :D

There are good and bad things about bandits that both ruin and make the game.

GOOD: The Zombies and survival components in this game a rediculously easy. Without bandits I would never die. Although 90% of my deaths are from hackers. If it wasn't for the hackers the bandits probably wouldn't be hated so much IMO.

BAD: Bandits restrict what you can do. I want to be helpful to players, be creative and explore different scenarios. What Im faced with though is a KOS or be killed situation. Rocket is talking about how this game is open to various roles or how you can do anything or whatever, but with the current KOS that has been perpetuated by bandits, there is nothing you can do but PVP or learn to enjoy dieing every time you see someone.

Overall I think bandits have a bad name, partly thanks to the cheaters in this game. The unlimited ammo and AS50s for all scenario is game breaking. Bandits need to be balanced but you can't do that with the BS hacks in this mod.

Bandits are great for the game but I still find it hard to fathom why people don't understand the hate.

Who else are you going to hate if not the person that just killed you? Usually at the most annoying time when you had the best gear you'd ever laid your grubby hands on? It's madness, it's like people who have their house broken into hating burglars! Madness indeed....

Also the game is very realistic, imagine if there was a zombie apocalypse and there wouldn't be any bandits? There will always be some people who have to mess around, zombie apocalypses wouldn't be the same without the bandits, think about that.

Edited by PulseSlayer

I dislike it because usually its just a "hardcore pvp player" who'd rather snipe new spawns on the coast then play arma 2, The best bandits are the ones who actually do it believably with armed robbery, kidnapping, etc. I robbed people on the coast for beans once for fun. shame food and water is everywhere so i was only really doing it for fun.