Sign in to follow this  
demonic-budha

Foraging

So, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

There seems to be quite a lot of emphasis on savaging, but not a lot of Foraging.

Don’t know about anyone else, but the first time I played, I ran into a town, found a garden of pumpkins and stood there like a fool trying to figure out how to interact with them just for someone to shoot me in the head.

If things like Pumpkins, mushrooms and I'm pretty sure I've seen apple trees in some of the farm areas are already in the game, wouldn’t it make sense you could collect these things for sustenance?

The same could be said for the animals. Rather than killing them & cutting them up, capture them in some form of makeshift trap (using scrap metal and some other stuff, or even just a rope trap) and once the underground addition is implemented, be able to domesticate them, collecting things like milk, eggs etc.

Eggs would then be able to be cooked and eaten by using a discarded Food Tin over a fireplace (both of which are already in the game)

Hell, you could also follow a chicken around for a bit hoping it will drop an egg, if you can’t have a pet one.

It just seems you would use all available natural resources as well as locating food items left in the wake of the outbreak.

Edited by Demonic Budha

I agree. The pumpkins stood out SO WELL the first time I saw them that I thought that they were intractable.

Lost 20 minutes by standing there.

lol ... I also thought I could harvest the pumpkins.

Those are some good ideas, although they remind me too much of minecraft XD.

But that doesn't mean they are bad.

I would like it to have the possibility to take over a city, clean it from zombies and barricade every entrance, to keep it clean.

This city could then become a no-pvp area ( maybe a server setting set by the administrator ).

Once in a while there could be zombie raids, where you will have to defend the city against a big "army" of zombies.

So there would still be the chance to lose the whole city to the zombies again.

However the date and time of such a raid would have to be know to the players, so they can go online to defend the city.

Maybe in form of some notes on walls saying "Scouts have discovered a big group of infected heading our way. According to

the scouts they should arrive the city on ####".

In this cities it would make perfect sense to raise and herd some animals.

The raids of such a city could take place once a week or even more often ( maybe another server setting ).

That would be really badass.

• Like 1