miket

How many people play DayZ with TrackIR?

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play DayZ with TrackIR?

• Yes.
    • No
    • TrackIR?

Saw the Kickstarter video for the Oculus Rift after reading about it on the Q&A list on forums.

Thought it was cool, and that it would probably make my TrackIR redundant if it worked well enough.

So I was wondering how many people play DayZ currently using TrackIR.

I find it great for indoors, situational awareness outdoors, keeping track of team-mates when moving in groups through forests (can turn my head to look at my team-mates to see where they are whilst I continue running), and especially handy when flying choppers or driving vehicles (can look into turns much easier, and look behind me easily when I have to reverse).

I'm so used to using my TrackIR now that if I hear something outside my FOV I can instantly turn my head to look at it. In games that don't support TrackIR (like 99% of the games out there), I often find myself turning my head trying to look around just purely out of habit.

Edited by MykeMichail

oops I voted no, but after reading your post I think I know what you're talking about...

I thought it was something else.

Edit:

Vote Deleted ~

Edited by CerebralZombie

How about explaining what it is...?

This video is what sold me on it. Explains it well. It's totally worth it if you also play sims. It took me about a week or so to get used to it. Once that happens it feels completely natural and you will use it without having to think about it. I like to imagine it as a step closer to a fully immersive video display. You just see a screen size at a time, but as you glance towards the edge of the screen it follows your head to show the rest of your surroundings. So I find it interesting how you connected it to the Oculus Rift. I can't wait till such displays become standard.

Edited by squall_shepard
  • Like 3

Tu fuck is trackir?

Wtf is this?

How about explaining what it is...?

Its a headtracking device ..you move your head in rl and your in game head moves. Once you have used it and gotten used to it you can never go back. Generally only gets used in simulations for total awareness, flight sims, car sims etc. Awesome piece of gear.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Wish I had it, it seems to improve your capabilities in game by a lot. Someone using Track IR will definitely have a benefit over someone not using it.

It's a cool system and looks like something that one has to get used to, turning left while looking right to watch your character turn to the left? AND I often change sitting positions when I play. This isn't faster than assigning keys to look left/right. Or buttons/analog inputs on the mouse to look around. Cool but I follow the KISS principle when gaming.

• Like 1

[ [ Sorry for the repost. I didn't see the video was already posted... ] ]

I just wouldn't like turning/moving my head all the time, but I couldn't see it being a big nuisance with the amount needed.

Edited by CerebralZombie

I like the software this company has made, and it seems to be in it's furthest stages of production. (Or final stages, as it actually seems the product is as good as it will get.) I'm glad they'll get a bit more advertising through the DayZ forums, as they deserver the buyers. I will definitely look into buying one after I get my new PC.

Keep up the good work!

CZ~

Edited by CerebralZombie

Yes, and I absolutely love it. I've been using TrackIR for years in flightsims and Arma2/Dayz is the first sim/game that I've used TrackIR as infantry. It's indispensable IMO in DayZ and almost feels like a cheat on servers that allow 3 person view.

Not surprising a lot here haven't heard of it as it's primarily intended for flightsims but it works just as great in DayZ. Like someone else said, once you get used to it you can never go back . . . just like going black.

Just got the 5 on Monday. I ordered the pro clip with mine and I was a bit worried because there were a lot of reviews saying it wasn't worth the extra $30. But once it arrived and I opened it, I could be happier. I use a Sennheiser HD595 headset and the clip attaches perfectly to the wide, thin part of the headband.

9612b0d0.jpg

That Oculus Rift thing looks amazing. The timing is right with mobile screens and sensors being so good these days. Stereoscopic, complete field of vision? I have the biggest nerd boner right now.

How about getting a life and just go into the military....jeez

>has brony profile pic

>tells other to get a life

>get ur priorities straight

• Like 13

I don't see how this benefits you in any way in game. Sure its a very cool and interesting piece of hardware that, to some, is worth the money for immersion alone. But i just don't see how it gives you an edge over players who simply hold alt to rotate the camera. It looks to me like a different way of doing something that already exists not improving upon it.

>has brony profile pic

>tells other to get a life

>get ur priorities straight

>makes over 100k a year

>has girlfriend

please tell me more about my priorities

I don't see how this benefits you in any way in game. Sure its a very cool and interesting piece of hardware that, to some, is worth the money for immersion alone. But i just don't see how it gives you an edge over players who simply hold alt to rotate the camera. It looks to me like a different way of doing something that already exists not improving upon it.

It becomes very natural when you have used it for a bit, unless you have tried it i you would not know how much of an improvement it is , its really that simple :) The guy using it in the demo moves fairly slowly , they need more of an action dogfight or ground combat firefight type vid up. You can of course customise profiles and use fairly minimal head movement for all round movement. Its not everyones cup of tea but it is definitely superior to using the keyboard views.

Just got the 5 on Monday. I ordered the pro clip with mine and I was a bit worried because there were a lot of reviews saying it wasn't worth the extra $30. But once it arrived and I opened it, I could be happier. I use a Sennheiser HD595 headset and the clip attaches perfectly to the wide, thin part of the headband.

9612b0d0.jpg

Very nice :) wicked headset. plus the 5..simply sweet.