Legacy (DayZ)

Potential Graphical Artifacting Fixes

didnt fix it for me ...

ATI Card

or do i need to keep the tray tool running ?

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in 1.7.2.5?!!

Why should I have to lay down and piss around with my settings everytime I'm blinded by shapes flying over my screen!!!

Im not touching Tray Tools after my last fiasco with the Tray Tools driver/ATI drivers/ my XFX HD6970 2GB card. Having it installed caused multiple artifacting problems across many games, including all three Mass Effects and Battlefield 3. Any time an explosion occurred i received a burst of pixelated smoke, and the BF3 sun on one map constantly tweaked out. I completely forgot it was installed, and had worked fine with my old 4870, so I actually RMAed the card....and got a brand new one in return, which did the same thing. I then went into Device manager, saw that it was there, and uninstalled.... which fixed my problem.

If anyone else that had a recent model card (6000 or 7000 series)that plays any of the games I mentioned above could check and see if they are having the same problems I described, it would be great. I WANT to fix it, but I don't want to break my computer again. I've tried the PBO editing, and I can say it 100% removes dead body artifacting, but screws up the checksums the server is looking for and most will kick you for it. After failing with the Proxy man object, I tried it with the Dog object.... Still got kicked every 10-20 mins, but here is a picture...

http://i.imgur.com/1dbRE.jpg

All the dead soldiers turned to dogs! Alas, I have reverted back to the original PBO and will probably sit tight until the next patch comes out.

EDIT: Editing YOUR PBOs only changes what YOU see in game, not what other people see. Editing the Dayz.pbo file will NOT cause a BattlEye ban as you are NOT injecting anything into the server, but you are kicked because the checksum generated from the new DAYZ.PBO file is not the same as the checksum the server is looking for. At least, thats my understanding of it all.

ATT has caused many people headaches over the years ;)

setting the details settings ( all three in advanced graphics options) to lower settings has helped me. greatly reduces the severity and frequency of the artifacts and makes a flush more effective.

yes, it looks bad!

*edit*

HD5770 with cat v. 12.6

and to all the "helpful" people setting up every wire fencing kit they find ...

lolcatkuntimtxe9.jpg

Edited by HSMagnet

Based on some of the ideas on how to fix the gfx artifacts it seems they are related to multi-threading. I have reviewed the Arma 2 Beta change log and there is indeed a reference to changing something related to multi-threading. It says:

[94761] TBB 4.0 update 5, (tbb40_20120613oss, http://threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=187)

TBB is a open source library for writing multi-threaded applications. It would be interesting to test if there is some kind of relationship between this change and the gfx artifacts.

//Sam

Didn't work for me, in Stary and have had artifacts. Still using the "change your video memory from high to default" as necessary.

i5 3450

GTX 560ti 448

Didn't work for me, in Stary and have had artifacts. Still using the "change your video memory from high to default" as necessary.

i5 3450

GTX 560ti 448

(just got sniped and killed typing this ffs)

just start doing what's supposed to be done and make an actuall fix in the mod -.- Tried it all and failed.(nvidia)

why is it so fucking hard to remove the dead soldiers or simply put a dumbass anti graphic rape cocun over it ? It's been what 3/4weeks? i bet even more since this issue pissed everyone off and not even one single usefull post has been made to actually fix that dam mod.

the amount of users you guys are losing is fucking insane now. Goodluck with that standalone game which wont be better the nthis seemingly.

Indeed,ragepost.

Edited by steffeh
  • Like 1

I have an 6870 and a Phenom II x6

I tried it with tray tool on 6, 4, 2 threads and nothin worked for me.

But temp. fixes like "flush", Vsync (on/off), video memory (def/other), relog and AA sometimes helps me to get through.

If nothing works at all, take GPS and look on the ground u can still hear the shooting or steps and such and if u know where the artifacts are and where u want to go u can still walk through.

Edited by Mars1984Upilami

Just a warning for anyone installing Ati Tray Tools, basically everytime this application has started it was just hanging up my computer.

And since it starts automatically with windows... go figure, had to go on safe mode and remove it there.

Windows 7 x64

HD7850 with latest Catalysts

Edited by k3lt

This is by far the most informative and amazing tutorial I have ever read! Thanks man! Much love, looks like it worked! Peace!

None of these really fixed the problem for me, but recently I get it a lot less often than I used to. Sometimes I don't even get it at all and when I do get them it's not as bad. Hopefully they can come up with a permanent solution.

all these so called fix's only work 10% of the time, we are just going to have to wait for rocket/team to fix it.

None of these really fixed the problem for me, but recently I get it a lot less often than I used to. Sometimes I don't even get it at all and when I do get them it's not as bad. Hopefully they can come up with a permanent solution.

Easy = Remove dead soldiers & barb wire mess!

It's not just dead soldiers and barbwire its also some military tents, bridge (only the one before berezino for me) .....the only fix is when they fix the code and guess what!? This is going from Mod-Alpha into standalone Alpha so dont expect anything to be fixed the next 6 months or so XD

(meanwhile, instead of running pass zombies to a camp which dupes your gear no matter what so you can go sniping electro, just start up arma 2.....)

Edited by straw

In the dropdown menu select Multi Threaded Support, change it to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)

Ther's Maximum working threads and Minimum working threads. Do I set them to 4 and 0 (for my quad core) or both to 4?

radeon 5800. None of these tricks works. Artifacting seems to be more common in certain places (south airfield, cherno), dunno. Only way to get rid of massice artifacts was to get away from there.

ATI 6950. Can't install Tray Tools because my computer is convinced its a malware downloader and blocks it.

Also, the flush command more often than not makes the artifacting multiple times worse.

BUT... I set HDR to "High" and haven't seen any artifacting since.

Not saying its definitely fixed, since I haven't gotten to play a whole lot, not to mention the artifacting varies server to server, but its been a noticeable change.

This must be one of the most ridiculous statements I ever heard in these forums, seriously. U mad bro?

Obviously he is just a bad troll :P

I do have the artifacting issue as well when it's the dead military bodies, military tents and what not. However I just found that on *some* servers I just NEVER have them, while on others there is nothing I can do about it, they are always there. Irony is those very fast loading servers are part of the ones in which I have artefacting. I've been recently logging into servers over and over, while looking at a typical spot that would give artefacting. Once I find one that doesn't give them, I relog 4 to 5 times on it just to make sure I'm not going full blown placebo. Slowly placing some of these servers as favorites and I am progressively having an artefact-free day... (No I'm not joking.)