Reedy957

Survivor zombies...

Sorry if this has already been said but hey, this is a big arse forum.

My idea is that some zombies are skinned in the same way as Survivors, because hey, not all zombies are going to be farmer Fred now are they?

And continuing on from that, what if they had more of a % chance to have some loot like a colt .45 with half a mag.

Maybe completely make survivors who died from zombies become zombies (You wouldn't control your character as a zombie, it would become AI), and would keep your loot, and maybe have a lot of health "like a boss".

These zombies are not undead, they're infected. The only way for that to happen is for your character to become infected and not eaten, which is what the zed do when they've finished killing you. What you want is a chance for your character to become infected after contact with zombies. Would you propose a method of treating the infection?

Sorry, OP. I actually think that's a good idea. Some survivor must have gotten the disease and ended up walking around with a sixgun and a backpack full of beans.

I don't mean that I could get smacked, "Die" and then have my buddy shoot me with a "cure".

I mean as in, there are just some zombies in survivor skins, and if it's possible, to have a small chance of a players corpse getting up and walking about.

I was responding to the second poster. Are you responding to me? I didn't propose anything like that. In fact I was agreeing with your original concept.

The problem now is that dead players can't possibly get up because these zombies are not undead ghouls, they are infected living human beings. If you had a chance of getting infected after being attacked it would make things more feasible in the spirit of the game. After a period of time you would 'die', meaning you would no longer control the entity, but it would from that point on act exactly like a regular zed. There would have to be a way to counteract it though, but the problem there is that there does not seem to be a cure for this disease, or at least, not in Chernarus. But for simplicity's sake, it might be treated with regular antibiotics which already exist in the game and seem fairly rare.

This was my idea, Posted it before the forums got hack, then it was deleted ;)

I partly feel like you stole it, but idc cause it's a good idea haha

I also suggested that Players that got attacked by the infected, turned in to infected.

If you get attack multiple times, spread of the infection speeds up.

for exp: 1 hits nothing

2-3 hits, You get temporarily sick

4+ hits, You're infected.

I think it would be cool if you came across a survivor and you couldn't just loot him, You had to put him down and doing that could alert other walkers.

ide like to see the occasional crawler with back pack ^.^, just to confuse snipers/lookouts/spotters a little more and add some more tension!... doesn't need to be anything inside.

+1 to zeds with survivor skins

---

this would add alot of tension to the game for sure.

everyone would have to keep looking for a few secs to make sure it's really a zombie and not a survivor.

-1 to dead players becoming zeds.

Amazing idea,

Dead survivors/bandits should have a good probability of turning to AI zed if killed by a zombie, itd be cool if it had like 30 minute time limit till they turn, after that anyone who approaches them caused them to start moving

I think it'd be cool, especially if they had the backpack as well (which you could steal if you killed the zombie). Maybe a 90% chance of the default backpack, with a slight chance to see them spawn with a different pack (yes, including the 6-slot one =P ).

everyone would have to keep looking for a few secs to make sure it's really a zombie and not a survivor.

I think you got it backwards. It is the other way around, make sure it is really a survivor, not a zombie, because who wants to waste ammo on mere zombies...

As for player corpses turning after some time - would be nice addition. But if it doesn't fit the setting (infected are not really dead etc.) then no.