Sign in to follow this  
OwnexD

Best weapon to go with a sniper rifle?

And what do you guys perfer m14 aim or mk 48 mod 0? The stats are allmost identical. Just the recoil is higher with mk 48

Any M4 or M16, CCO or Holo obviously better than iron sights, but any of that type is mega. Easy to find ammo, full auto and don't alert too many zeds.

I'm pulling sniper duty with my trusty DMR and 1911 sidearm. I've tried just about every sniper but for some reason really love the DMR. Great gun!

I still say Crowbar.

M4 SD.

Silenced, Good for taking out Z's silently while getting to overwatch, does decent damage towards players.

No. Just no. Don't use the fuckig silenced m4... It kills a person in 8+ shots. A fucking ak 74 is better than that. Use an unsilenced weapon. Your m9 sd is for zombies, the sniper rifle for sniping, and the assault rifle/backup weapon is for anything too close for the sniper. It's as simple as that

No. Just no. Don't use the fuckig silenced m4... It kills a person in 8+ shots. A fucking ak 74 is better than that. Use an unsilenced weapon. Your m9 sd is for zombies, the sniper rifle for sniping, and the assault rifle/backup weapon is for anything too close for the sniper. It's as simple as that

M4SD actually does 833 more damage to players than AK74. All 5.56 weapons do. Even the SAW.

Edited by sp86

The first time I got my hands on the L85 with its thermal scope I fell in love, I had previously found an AS50 at another crash site a couple hours earlier so this was a treat, incredibly easy for spotting people at all times of the day, pretty much as far as you can see. I later became one of those asses that snipes from the hill in Elektro, getting the people looting bodies in the firehall towers, I just killed my 3rd or 4th person in the server when I noticed I was poking out of my tree too much, moved back, touched the pine tree breaking my leg and killing me instantly, I didn't hear a shot of any kind, making my way back to my body, a hacker killed the entire server, then the admin restarted the server to prevent anyone from losing gear(?). Guess what happens to bodies when servers restart.

Currently have an FN-FAL PVS/4 with tonnes of ammo and a M107 in the ol back pack, would trade the FN-FAL for an L85 in a heartbeat.

Here's a pro tip: Just use a PDW with a few MP5SD magazines. With the SD ammo, it is inaudible to players past 200m, and completely inaudible to zombies for any practical purpose. With the PDW you can clear the zombies on the way to your location without any players hearing it that wouldn't also hear the sound of dying zombies, and you don't need to overload your backpack with eleventy guns that you will likely never use. The PDW on full auto is also powerful enough to kill players in close quarters if you get the jump, and if you don't have the jump, no gun will save you at distances where it's too close for the sniper rifles.

As an aside, ditch the AS50 and use the DMR for both day & night missions. Saves you time having to run to the camp just because it's getting late.

And get backup. Having a spotter (ideally with a thermal sighted L85) is the difference between a sniper and someone who forgot to take his medication and goes to a clock tower with a rifle.

Edited by Dabs
  • Like 2

L85. another set of eyes on thermal is always good.

you have m9sd for zombies, otherwise sd m4 is best.

if you are actually planning on using it to kill players, the m14 is the best gun for close/medium range fighting.

i would stick with the L85 because im planning on doing my shooting with the as50.

For me clearly FN FAL, the damage is insane on players, it is very reliable, but as a sniper it depends on your group gameplay, M4 SD might be better to be sneaky and clear Zs easily, L85 is good for spotting but, frankly I just hate when you have to fire that thing, might as well have some thermal binoculars instead of this :s

Double barrel shotgun is the real mans close range weapon but if you're too chicken shit for that....

M4A1/M4A3 CCO or M14 AIM as primary depending on your preference. M14 is always nice too pair with a DMR as it uses the same ammo. M9 SD as secondary.

The M4A1 CCO SD has a lot of fans, I'm not one of them. It has a pathetic range and low damage compared with the alternatives. It maybe good if you are sneaking up on a bitch and taking her unawares but in a mano-a-mano gun fight you will lose.

Depends on your team comp and if your constantly running with them. If your always playing with them I personally think your better off without a second Primary Weapon, as long as someone in the assualt team can do their job.

Hatchet and a handgun. No, really. The hatchet is the best thing to deal with the zeds and a pistol to deal with other players up close.

And what do you guys perfer m14 aim or mk 48 mod 0? The stats are allmost identical. Just the recoil is higher with mk 48

If you are considering these weapons as a sniper then you really should be going for the M14 for one extremely important reason, the MK48 fires tracer rounds.

...No one finds the whole "Gun and ammo rarity makes no difference" to be kind of fishy? I mean...You can't just run out and grab and l85 at will, and no one can come on here and try to say that they can. "Oh, just go camp helicopter spawns, you noob-sauce, lulz." Get out of here with that.

OFC its suss. Especially when he is talking like he can get any weapon he wants and is asking for a recommendation. But what can you do, some kids like easy mode in an already easy game. But nobody really cares, there are so many hackers in DayZ nobody is phased when they talk openly about it.

Edited by sostronk

OFC its suss. Especially when he is talking like he can get any weapon he wants and is asking for a recommendation. But what can you do, some kids like easy mode in an already easy game. But nobody really cares, there are so many hackers in DayZ nobody is phased when they talk openly about it.

Please read the whole post I allready told you hoe do we get our gear. Thanks ;)

Please read the whole post I allready told you hoe do we get our gear. Thanks ;)

Cool, I read it, enjoy going around finding a sniper around Electro or Cherno who has the exact weapon you want.

L98A5.... since you're a sniper you need to spot , the thermal is extremely useful

I like the AK Kobra, but that's just me.

Not just you. I love that thing! Ammo is fairly easy to find and it's a lot quieter then the M4s.

I'm currently walking walking around with m4a3 and l85. Snipers are dull