rotekz

Combat duping: Make rare items common.

Duping rare gear makes the game unbalanced. The easy way to combat this and level the playing field is to make really rare items more common.

Everyone after a few sessions play can have game changing gear like NVG's. Then there will not be such and incentive for cheaters to fill up tents with duped gear.

Happened to me today. Found a camp with four ghillie suites, took them and ran away. When I came online later and went back to the tent the ghillies were there again. So i got 8 ghillie suites now :D

What's the difference between situation where rare items are common because of duping and when they are common because of drops. Nothing really changes...

• Like 2

They are only common to those that dupe. Therefore not common at all if you play fair. It's about levelling the field and eradicating unfair exploits. The people who dupe them don't go round handing them out in acts of charity.

Edited by rotekz
  • Like 1

They are only common to those that dupe. Therefore not common at all if you play fair. It's about levelling the field and eradicating unfair exploits. The people who dupe them don't go round handing them out in acts of charity.

The best bet is actually to share the location of duper camps. People who want to skip ahead and get all the gear without hard work can raid the tents, otherwise people can continue to play the game as it was intended.

Duping always existed. The difference is that there are way too many players now, and some of them don't care about hiding their duped stuff.

Wait so instead of fixing duping, scripting and implementing weapon degradation, instead you want to make rare weapons more common, you serious?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

In my server, we had hackers come in and put tents full of high end gear in Cherno -_- So this really doesn't even apply to my server

Rocket has already said duping cannot easily be fixed in the mod version. The suggestion is an easy solution to the problem in the mod only. I would expect the standalone to actually tackle the mechanics of duping.

Duping is driven by rarity and the unfair advantages certain very rare items give a player. The suggestion is serious for sure.

Actually, I find it pretty fun and enjoyable to join a clan that exploits and steal all their gear to give to new guys on the coast.

Last night playing solo i found a fnfal anpvs4 (first one i have ever seen) at a heli wreck. Five heli wrecks later and a mega artifacting loot of Stary tents i had come across two bizons, three standard fnfals, one m14 aim, one dmr, an mp5a5, more akms and ak74s than even Anold could carry. 2 hours on one server and i had enough kit to fill a tent and start duping if i wanted to. I really dont see the need and in fact have only ever pitched two tents since they were introduced just for the fuck of pitching a tent. Once duping is fixed i will probably go out of my way to actually give a fuck about getting one.

All of this stuff was found in the triangle formed by Rogovo, Kabanino and Novy. About an hour or so in total game time.I think if duped i would probably get bored of the whole thing in about 0 minus potato seconds. Sure i didnt get an as50, nvgs, gps or rangefinder but all in all a nice legit haul.

duping sux, in fact I don't think it would be a problem to "detect" by the logs. don't know, if any of the log parsing tools detects it already?! I don't know, if you are allowed to ban players for bugusing.. at least on my server I would do it.

still the problem on the hive version remains, that players just can gather stuff by server hopping/duping/using all the bugs and holes in the game and then connect to your server.. one more reason I rather like to play on well managed private hive servers! there are even some of those, that have already fixed the main probs of 1725!

tents in 1725 dupe what they had in them when first saved after every server restart.. as many already know.

Edited by aenima

Rocket should just eliminate or nerf everything that anyone would ever want to dupe. If the relative difference between weapons were reduced, duping would be pointless.

• Like 1

Rocket should just eliminate or nerf everything that anyone would ever want to dupe. If the relative difference between weapons were reduced, duping would be pointless.

Going to have to agree with you there. Good luck with it though. Alot of players will be against it. There are alot of players here who want a large advantage over other players, whether it be by hacking or duping or better looting methods or whatever. Not many people here want a skilled balanced game, they love the disparity of power the AS50 has over other weapons.