Sign in to follow this  
Shard (DayZ)

Do vehicles disappear with server restarts?

It seems to me that every time a friend and I acquire a vehicle. its lost when the server restarts. Now the servers I play on restart every 6 hours or so. And its getting so frustrating because we spend 4 hours finding parts, fixing it up and then driving it to a spot to set up a camp just to have it disappear the moment the server restarts 2 hours later. And this happens with most servers I play on.

Its getting so depressing, fixing up a vehicle, the glee of driving one and then logging in after the server restarts to have my heart sink when I see its simply gone, or its turned into something else which is completely useless and broken (Also occurs)

Is this what everyone experiences, or should it not do that. Its getting very annoying.

u might wanna check the same place u found the vehicle at last time (if ur car disappears, chances are its just in the palce u found it last time = epic dayz logic)

I understand that this is a common thing along with tents not saving in 1.7.2.5 Lucky for me I play alone and don't have a use for vehicles and can get by without using tents.

Our tents seem to work fine, sometimes we notice 1 or 2 things missing. But we always lose vehicles, we've lost 2 bikes, 2 quads, a GAZ, a Ural, a Bus and another car. They all just vanish when the server restarts. Really annoying.

Same here. Tents are most of the time ok. Sometimes items are still there although we took them earlier, others are missing.

But I experience the same thing you discripted with cars. And yes, it is sooo frustrating to fix cars over and over again. In fact, this is the reason why I don't play DayZ at the moment, because there is nothing else to do than fixing cars and set up camps... :(

Yep, same experience on my favorite server, all vehicles return to their natural spawn, and existing tents won't save new loot additions. Hopefully it's fast-tracked in the 1.7.3 pipeline.

• Like 1

H3retic, doesn't work like that. Some resets it doesn't respawn, sometimes it respawns randomly. From what I understand rare vehicles like the heli and fastboat that are one per server can take a week to respawn.

Persoanally I understand the logic of wanting them to be rare, but I think limiting the "endgame" so strictly is causing the griefing. Better to not make a bad name for your game before release. Put the dogs aside and find ways to make the game easier to insttall, run better on machines and occupy people so they don't grief, or give them motivation to spare people who aren't a threat.

Same here.

Spent hours to repair an ATV and when I joined the server the next day it was gone but not only the ATV, the same happend with a UAZ (wich turned into a broken Offroad-Pick-Up Truck), with a V3S, another ATV and a Pick-up Truck.