patrick.harke@web.de

add modifiable weapons + M79 Grenade launcher

I think it would be cool if weapons are modifiable. There could only be stock weapons findable but also attachments e.g. scopes, silencers and so on.

For example you find AK74 and cobra scope, you could combine that to AKS 74 cobra. The same goes for MP5 + silencer. It could all be managed with the

"combine for" option like magazine change already does!

I think that would make it more difficult to find better weapons but also give the chance to have multiple weapons with you, e.g. all the different M4 versions.

Also i would like to see the M79 grenade launcher in the game. As it wouldn´t be too strong because of single shot and adds one more grenade launcher which are rare to me. As

it appears in the original Arma 2 OA, it would be easy to add it.

1. This is not COD.

2. Contrary to what I -just- wrote, it is still realistic, and gets one point from me, as long as it was realistic to the point where you could move attachments from one weapon to another.

3. There is currently not enough variations of weapons to realistically implement what you're looking to suggest. The DayZ devs aren't going to start making new models for weapons since the official announcement of DayZ Standalone.

Ahem. Video from ARMA 3's inventory system. Likely, but not confirmed, to be in DayZ Standalone.

@dancing.russian.man 1. i didn´t notice that this suggestion could be compared to COD! maybe you dislike everything from COD, i don´t care.

2. Why would it be bad to change the attachments on one weapon. You could have a weapon with multiple task but it wouldn´t take a lot of inventory space

3. I just wanted the weapons that are allready in the game, to be modifiable. No new skins. I intended that finding good weapons should be more difficult!

@Lonrem thanks for the Video. Helps a lot! Lets hope its coming for the standalone!

Edited by Kickapoo
  • Like 1

Definitely looks good to me. I love the idea of finding an attachment and being able to mount it to the weapon I'm currently using. Kobra on my M1014? MP5 with a light on it? Yes, please. How about an ACOG on that M14?

ArmA3's engine looks powerful and I'm excited to play with it. I hope DayZ is good, too, but the more I see, the more I just want ArmA3.

1. This is not COD.

2. Contrary to what I -just- wrote, it is still realistic, and gets one point from me, as long as it was realistic to the point where you could move attachments from one weapon to another.

3. There is currently not enough variations of weapons to realistically implement what you're looking to suggest. The DayZ devs aren't going to start making new models for weapons since the official announcement of DayZ Standalone.

1. why people always have to compare features to other games that have it, even if they can't be compared? modifyable weapons aren't like you unlock them, you really have to find them...

2. as long the weapons are simmilar enough

3. at the moment there are enough weapons to try it as long we are in a alpha: ak 74, m4a1, m16a2, m9 and mp5 which all got modifications. i think they are enough for the moment. and we all don't know what the devs can/will do as long we aren't a part of the team or they tell us what they're working on^^

• Like 1