TheLazzo

Someone lost a chopper here? No seriously. What are the odds?

Ok this is just crazy. Been playing a couple of weeks. Not had much luck, had my gear reseted several times by losing fights, bug deaths, bugged tents and whatnot. About the best stuff I ever had was like a compass, Alice, a Kobra n' the likes.

Today I was crawling about in Zelenogorsk low residentials on a server with a friend looting close by deer stands and 3 unknown guys on server. My friend says he hears a chopper and I crawl into a house. Sure enough about 10 sec later I start to hear the chopper. Coming closer. Stopping next to the house. Staring to descend... wtf? How on earth could they see me? Or are they comng to loot Zeleno, theres nothing of value here but a Market?

Then I hear a loud BOOM. Oh S**t hackers, I start to log off, but wait? 2 kill messages. There is no way there could have been 2 other guys here with me in Zeleno. I carefully step outside, and theres a flaming chopper not 50 meters away from me with about a dozen Z:s hangin about. I wait for the Z:s to dissipate and crawl in to loot 2 corpses by the chopper.

2 AS50, Coyote Backpack, 2 GPS, NV goggles, 2 Rangefinders, SD M9, clips up the wazoo. I had to call my friend to help loot. Too bad we can't get the ghillies off 'em

What are the odds? Nearly empty server. Useless town. 2 well geared guys just happen to fumble next to me and die. In a friggin CHOPPER.

If you happen to read this guys, I must know! Did you see me, or was it just coincidence?

Sounds most likely to be a hacker trying to hit you with a helicopter kamikaze style

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

I have been playing for a couple of months now and I typically play on low population servers because I enjoy walking around and trying to find some sweet loot. Anyway, I swear, whether there is 1 other person besides myself, or maybe 5... I always end up being "found" by the other players. Sometimes they see me, sometimes they don't. If they don't I just let them go about their business, unless they get hostile towards me.

It's strange that on such a huge map, even with the little of players on a server at the time, that every time I play that it's just pure coincidence that we "run" into each other.

I often wonder if the in game map doesn't give away player's positions somewhat. Although I have never figured out, or really even tried, I have noticed that you can see other player's notes. If I'm playing with a friend I notice that I see his location on the map as well... maybe it's proximity based? I don't know.

If you were looting a town the zeds spawning would have given away that you were in the area. They were probably looking for you

If you were looting a town the zeds spawning would have given away that you were in the area. They were probably looking for you

Very good point.

I have been playing for a couple of months now and I typically play on low population servers because I enjoy walking around and trying to find some sweet loot. Anyway, I swear, whether there is 1 other person besides myself, or maybe 5... I always end up being "found" by the other players. Sometimes they see me, sometimes they don't. If they don't I just let them go about their business, unless they get hostile towards me.

It's strange that on such a huge map, even with the little of players on a server at the time, that every time I play that it's just pure coincidence that we "run" into each other.

I often wonder if the in game map doesn't give away player's positions somewhat. Although I have never figured out, or really even tried, I have noticed that you can see other player's notes. If I'm playing with a friend I notice that I see his location on the map as well... maybe it's proximity based? I don't know.

If you are going to the airfield/stary sobor on low pop servers everyone goes there.

edit

And OP, chances are it were legit player but the pilot got desynch.

Edited by Sakeoe

I'm going to go on a run and say that the pilot was either incapable of flying a chopper or had to desync.

This is the one reason why I am afraid to find a chopper with some friends, because we don't think we will have the ability to fly it without crashing it as take-off.

Right ofcourse! So they were after me. And suddenly it doesn't seem like so big a coincidence after all. But that's what I'd call pre emptive karma! :-D

Not many people have actually practiced flying choppers in Arma2 before jumping into one in Dayz, maybe the pilot just crashed because he was trying to land in a retarded place/turned the engine off while trying to turn on auto hover or something.

Not many people have actually practiced flying choppers in Arma2 before jumping into one in Dayz, maybe the pilot just crashed because he was trying to land in a retarded place/turned the engine off while trying to turn on auto hover or something.

I can see it now...

I'm guessing they hit a power line. A piece of a nearby line was on the ground all silly looking and stiff.

Dayum as if people cant fly a helicopter who have one i cant wrap my head around it. Im designated pilot for my clan with 6 hrs in a c17 & 12 hours in a huey and we are still yet to find a helicopter on dayz XD

If anyone wants me to fly em around id be more than happy ^^

Dayum as if people cant fly a helicopter who have one i cant wrap my head around it. Im designated pilot for my clan with 12 hours flight time in a huey aswell as 6 in a ch-17 and we are still yet to find a helicopter on dayz XD

If anyone wants me to fly em around id be more than happy ^^

I have tried flying the CHOPPAS in the boot camp portion of Arma II several times...lol. I, for one, suck at it and would wreck the thing every time.