tsmhicks

*OFFICIAL* What Features Would you like to see in DayZ? (Reddit)

Pretty much any that doesn't add any RPG features/aspects or storyline.

Flashlight

• The player should be able to use a flashlight without dropping the secondary weapon first.
  • The player should be able to use the flashlight and the secondary weapon simultaneously, maybe with a lowered accuracy when shooting.

Edited by grasmann

Melee weapons

• The player should be able to use a hatchet without dropping the primary weapon first.
  • The player should be able to hit with the stock of the primary weapon, which should do less damage than the hatchet.

• Like 2

Pretty much any that doesn't add any RPG features/aspects or storyline.

Well my ONLY thinking about the class system, is when you select a survior gender in the begining of a new character (not sure if will be the same in the standalone) you can select a role type, which would be more useful for a group then individually.

Here are a summary of responses from Rocket so far:

- Likes the idea of a diary system, allowing other players to see notes left by you.

- Likes the idea of fishing being implemented.

- A better ammo system, combining near empty clips etc will definitely be supported in standalone and we will most likely see something implemented in the mod in the next couple of patches.

- HUD will be removed as much as possible and replaced with in-game elements based on visual and audial clues (think: stomach rumbling when hungry). Debug monitor is already gone in 1.7.2.3.

- Waypoints and the commanding system will be removed from the DayZ engine.

- GPS maps and nameplates will be removed.

Melee weapons

• The player should be able to use a hatchet without dropping the primary weapon first.
  • The player should be able to hit with the stock of the primary weapon, which should do less damage than the hatchet.

Agreed. As there are weapon slings for primary gun and holder/pocket for handgun (if you have one).

What about maybe having hatchet go into a secondary slot instead of primary? Some time Id like to have my hatchet where my pistol was because i can't find / dont have anymore ammo for my pistol but i have alot of extra primary ammo (aka shotguns)

Ok so I am taking Rockets Reddit post and adding it here. I would like to request this to be a sticky and allow forum user who don't use reddit to give their ideas without making x10000 threads (which there already are, but we can keep it in here).

So... if there now are x1000 threads about this, then WHY in the name of [choose word accordingly to personal belief] would you start YET another one, when Dean specifically asked us in this thread to post your suggestions in reddit or in this thread.

So... if there now are x1000 threads about this, then WHY in the name of [choose word accordingly to personal belief] would you start YET another one, when Dean specifically asked us in this threadto post your suggestions in reddit or in this thread.

Lol. my first thought was "how the hell can this guy call this thread official if there are 1000 threads and his is another unofficial".

Instead of being assholes (Okamo and da_klunk). could have just posted link to that thread, since it isnt pinned by anyone or any mods (which ur link should be since Rocket referenced to it).

Moderator please delete thread to make it 1 less repeat :D

More Russian weapons, less non Russia Russian weapons, such as Saiga shot guns and rifles, Bekas and Toz shotguns, verious AK variants including the AK100 series and the new Ak12, more russian pistols like the MP-446 and the OTs-27 "Berdysh". Currently the game has too many western guns, and there is no way enought weapons to represent civilian owned Russian fire arms.

Weapon slots for shoulder (main weapon), tool belt (melee) and holster (pistol). Along with the ability to have free hands, effectifly allowing for a main weapon to be equipped over the shoulder while also holding one in your arms.

Better item sorting which take into account weight and slots.

Ammo able to be kept separate from clips/magazine. This way clips that are empied are left in there belt slot and can be refilled