Sign in to follow this  
Mountain Dew

Vehicle Switch can i happen or did i get hacked

One minute i am in a military off road, found a spot to park it, save it, and jog off. When i jog back in the car was gone but their was a pick up truck in its place. I think the server restarted because i went to the off road spawn and it was there but not in the condition i had it and left it. If a hacker did take my off road why take it, the server is about to restart and he didnt save it because it went back to its spawn point. I had a lot of good gear in the car and really need it back, i think the admin had something to do with it because it was a hard restart and then a hour later it restarted again or has this happen to anyone

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me today. After restart switched a truck for a bus.

The loot inside is completely different, I had a ton of loot inside the truck (I found the truck at the international airport next to two dead bodies).

As a further note I did have a bus hidden out in the woods a few days ago but I assumed that it had been found and taken.

It's a bug with 1.7.2.5

Thanks, don't really care that much. But do the vehicles switch places (so if somebody was hiding the bus, they'll return and find my truck?)

I just logged back into the server and there is now no vehicle there... Meh, what can you do

Yet another thread that blames the "nefarious admin" who is itching to scare everyone away from their server.

No, it wasn't the admin. At least, not directly. Vehicles don't save in 1.7.2.5. Well, I should say sporadic behavior occurs.

When a 1.7.2.5 server restarts, 1 of 3 things can happen to your vehicle.

1) It stays where it was saved (VERY rare)

2) A different vehicle of some random type appears where your vehicle had been

3) It's just gone entirely.

In all cases, the gear inside is deleted and reset to whatever that vehicle spawns with (if any).

In cases 1 & 2, the vehicle seems to inherit the repair state of whatever vehicle was there previously.

There is no way that I can tell to influence whether 1, 2, or 3 occurs. Just that #3 is the most frequent result.

Stop blaming admins anytime something odd occurs. Admins have no more power than you do to affect the in game world.

• Like 1