IMil

Running at night should be dangerous

What would happen IRL if you ran through the woods in complete darkness? Nothing good, that's for sure.

However, in DayZ you may run at full speed with no light at all. At worst, you'll get hopelessly lost.

So, why not give a small chance of bad stuff happening to night sprinters? Say, running directly into the tree would give a 10% chance of knockout and/or bleeding. Maybe a bit lower - 5% or even just 1%. Running over logs might break legs.

Naturally, running through the fields and cities should be left safe, or people would just hop to daytime servers.

Rocket already confirmed that he's planning more animals, like wolf packs and wild bears.

Should be enough to kill you when you wander the woods.

you don't get hopelessly lost with a map and a gps! ;) Plus most people just put there brightness on max so they can see in the dark... Far easier than eating carrots. :lol:

you don't get hopelessly lost with a map and a gps! ;) Plus most people just put there brightness on max so they can see in the dark... Far easier than eating carrots. :lol:

What about canned tuna in brine?

1. Tastes frickin' delicious.

2. Lasts for ~15 years unopened.

• Like 1

What about canned tuna in brine?

1. Tastes frickin' delicious.

2. Lasts for ~15 years unopened.

:o Your right that is delicious, it's a shame there isn't no bread for a sandwich. :thumbsup:

Well, once I ran towards a warthog at the night and broke my leg so atleast there is one animal that can cause harm.

you don't get hopelessly lost with a map and a gps! ;)

With a map AND a gps you don't but the map alone guarantees nothing. I once got from Gorka to Dolina, thinking I was walking to Berezino all the way.

Plus most people just put there brightness on max so they can see in the dark... Far easier than eating carrots. :lol:

Don't we all? I mean, it's not exactly cheating. However, in a dense forest with no moon at all I can't see shit, even turning all knobs to the max.